Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pick YOUR Starters
If you had the chance to pick any player in the state, what would your starting five look like?

For me:
F- Elijah Pittman - Holmes
F- Dakotah Euton - Scott Co.
F- Ricardo Johnson - Holmes
G- Josh Sewell - Trinity
G- Elisha Justice - Shelby Valley
i would dump Dakota Euton for the Casey kid from NEWPORT
Give me the following 5 and you'll see a team that would be top 10 nationally:

5'11 Thomas Jackson- Jeffersontown
6'5 Josh Sewell- Trinity
6'5 Ricardo Johnson- Holmes
6'7 Chane Behanan- Bowling Green
6'8 Elijah Pittman- Holmes

Chane Behanan and Elijah Pittman down low would be ridiculous. Throw in players like Jackson, Sewell, and R. Johnson who can drive and get them ball while also knocking down the outside shot and this team would be unstoppable.

All 5 are also VERY GOOD defenders.
NPTwildcats2010 Wrote:i would dump Dakota Euton for the Casey kid from NEWPORT

No way Casey McDaniel is better than Euton.

Some of you are underestimating him big time. He has improved by leaps and bounds since last year and has continued to prove himself against solid teams both nationally and statewide this season.
you should just start a thread on staters from the 15th region
Starters:

G: Elisha Justice (Shelby Valley)
G: Josh Sewell (Trinity)
F: Ricardo Johnson (Holmes)
F: Chane Behanan (Bowling Green)
F: Elijah Pittman (Holmes)

Bench:

Ge-Lawn Guyn (Scott County)
Dakotah Euton (Scott County)
Thomas Jackson (Jeffersontown)
Timmy Knipp (Elliott County)
Ian Chiles (Ballard)
This would be mine:

C Elijah Pittman 6'8'' 210lbs - Holmes
PF Dakotah Euton 6'8'' 215lbs - Scott County
SF Ricardo Johnson 6'6'' 190lbs - Holmes
SG Chad Jackson 6'4'' 175lbs - Scott County
PG Elisha Justice 5'11'' 167lbs - Shelby Valley
i agree with leecoukfan.

can we pick region starters too or just state starters???
NPTwildcats2010 Wrote:i would dump Dakota Euton for the Casey kid from NEWPORT
Never heard of the Casey kid from Newport, did he just transfer in. If he were a top player in the state his name would be out there. Tell us more about him.

If he is that good maybe he is a Mr. Basketball candidate?
goodguy Wrote:Never heard of the Casey kid from Newport, did he just transfer in. If he were a top player in the state his name would be out there. Tell us more about him.

If he is that good maybe he is a Mr. Basketball candidate?

He's referring to Casey McDaniel...#23 for Newport. No he isn't a transfer.

Casey is a very solid 9th region player and one the more underrated players in the region, but definetly not one of the tops in the state.

A few photos of Casey from the Newcath game:

[attachment=o1860]

[attachment=o1861]
If I were forming a complete team, I'd go with the following 10:

5'11 Thomas Jackson (J'town)
6'5 Josh Sewell (Trinity)
6'5 Ricardo Johnson (Holmes)
6'7 Chane Behanan (Bowling Green)
6'8 Elijah Pittman (Holmes)

Bench:

6'1 Jaylen Beckham (Lexcath)
6'4 Chad Jackson (Scott Co)
6'6 George Fant (Warren Central)
6'8 Dakotah Euton (Scott Co)
6'9 Vinny Zollo (Clark Co)
What about the Hickey kid from Christian County? He's quicker than a thought. Just recently took a swing through the mountains and led his team to victories over two of the best teams in EKy.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:What about the Hickey kid from Christian County? He's quicker than a thought. Just recently took a swing through the mountains and led his team to victories over two of the best teams in EKy.

Hickey is a very good point guard but as athletic as he is, I think Thomas Jackson and Jaylen Beckham are both more explosive and slightly better. Beckham might only be 6'1 but he plays above the rim more than any other pg I've ever seen.
I see a few of you have Justice starting. Do you guys really believe he's really the best PG in the state?
Aslan Wrote:I see a few of you have Justice starting. Do you guys really believe he's really the best PG in the state?

Name one that is better. I think Justice is right on par with Thomas Jackson and I give EJ the nod because I have seen him play for years. I've only seen Jackson online and Justice looks just as good in my mind. Both are slightly better than Chad Jackson of Scott County in my opinion.
mine would be

outdoorsman43 Wrote:Name one that is better. I think Justice is right on par with Thomas Jackson and I give EJ the nod because I have seen him play for years. I've only seen Jackson online and Justice looks just as good in my mind. Both are slightly better than Chad Jackson of Scott County in my opinion.

Ugh.
You think EJ is better than Chad Jackson?
I've not seen some of the other pg's listed play, but EJ is not as good as Hickey, and Hickey is on no ones list.
Before you rip me a new one, you know I'm from EKY and support any team/player from here, but I'm just being honest.
Depends on if they are from Eastern Ky or not, if they are, of course they think he is the best. They need to get out of the mountains a little more if you ask me.
Knott Central, best starting 5 in the state
PG Cox
2G Stamper
3G Davis
4G Bartrum
C Roberts
14th Region Champs, look out Rupp, here comes the FAB 5
Wall4president Wrote:PG Cox
2G Stamper
3G Davis
4G Bartrum
C Roberts

LOL I totally forgot about them calling themselves that! Swag!!!!! LOL
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Depends on if they are from Eastern Ky or not, if they are, of course they think he is the best. They need to get out of the mountains a little more if you ask me.

Concur.
Wall4president Wrote:Knott Central, best starting 5 in the state
PG Cox
2G Stamper
3G Davis
4G Bartrum
C Roberts

That is hilarious, can't wait to see them make the trip to PCC tonight. :redboxer:
winner Wrote:mine would be

Ummm....did you just copy and paste my post or am i seeing things here?
leecoukfan Wrote:Ummm....did you just copy and paste my post or am i seeing things here?

I believe he agree's with you haha.
I watched the entire state tournament last season and thought Elisha Justice was the best point guard there. I also would take him over any other point guard in the state.

I do think Chad Jackson has more upside to his game than Elisha, but I would trust Elisha more so with the game on the line than Jackson.
Chad Jackson can't shoot and Dakotah Euton can't guard. Some of you should just combine the Holmes and Scott County rosters and be done with it.
HD28 Wrote:Chad Jackson can't shoot and Dakotah Euton can't guard. Some of you should just combine the Holmes and Scott County rosters and be done with it.

Way too many ego's for one team.
HD28 Wrote:Chad Jackson can't shoot and Dakotah Euton can't guard. Some of you should just combine the Holmes and Scott County rosters and be done with it.

How many times have you seen Jackson this year? I'm going to assume zero since very few of you venture outside of the mountains and are probably judging him from his Rose Hill days.

If you knew anything or have seen the kid play this year, you'd know that he's shooting 50% from the field (90/180) and 46% from outside (6/13). Chad is also averaging 16 ppg.

The stats don't back up your statement.
Aslan Wrote:Ugh.
You think EJ is better than Chad Jackson?
I've not seen some of the other pg's listed play, but EJ is not as good as Hickey, and Hickey is on no ones list.
Before you rip me a new one, you know I'm from EKY and support any team/player from here, but I'm just being honest.

My opinion is the same as BCA's -- I think Chad Jackson has more upside than Justice and maybe even Thomas Jackson and Anthony Hickey, but I would take Justice and Thomas Jackson over Chad Jackson at this point.

Justice is just as quick as Hickey. I was at the SV/Christian County game, I seen it with my owns eyes. Hickey is a small step behind Justice in terms of basketball IQ and passing. Don't get me wrong, we're talking about some outstanding point guards but if I were to be able to pick any point guard in the state, I would have to go with Justice. It's just my opinion so no reason to get too worked up.

mountain hoops guru Wrote:Depends on if they are from Eastern Ky or not, if they are, of course they think he is the best. They need to get out of the mountains a little more if you ask me.

Like BCA, I watched the entire state tournament last year and I came away more impressed with Elisha than any other point guard. So I believe I have been "out of the Mountains" enough to have an unbiased opinion that I think Justice is one of the best point guards in Kentucky this seasons.

So with all of that being said, I really really hope this doesn't turn into another Elisha Justice thread. That's the last I'm talking about him in this thread.
Aslan Wrote:I believe he agree's with you haha.

lol, yeah thats what it looks like.