Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin County 88 Breathitt County 59
Final
Great win for MC Lady Hornets this will get them ready for 2-morrow night at Paintsville!!!
Final Score was 84 to 55

Ashley Jade Howard 19
Brittany Manns 18
Calloray Howard 15
Michaela Howard 12
Ashley Hall 11
Megan Powers 8
Bryanna Marshall 11

Way to go Lady Hornets!!!:Cheerlead
Congrats Magoffin County!!
Congratulations Magoffin County and it's always a good game when you got 6 players with 10 or more points.
"smoothie" Wrote:Final Score was 84 to 55

Ashley Jade Howard 19
Brittany Manns 18
Calloray Howard 15
Michaela Howard 12
Ashley Hall 11
Megan Powers 8
Bryanna Marshall 11

Way to go Lady Hornets!!!:Cheerlead
Marshall only had 1 point.
Magoffin did have tremendous balanced scoring with 5 players in double figures. I had heard that Magoffin had players had become selfish and it would hurt them. Sorry to tell you, that is the farthest from the truth. This team passes the ball so much better than last years team.

If you're not ready for Magoffin's pressure and aggressiveness, then you better not show up. Well, Breathitt was not ready for it. They were intimidated by it from the start. Breathitt is very big and very slow. They don't handle the ball well and surprisingly, they are not a good rebounding team. How can you have 3 players over 6 foot and let a smaller team out rebound you????? Magoffin boxed out real well and was quicker to the rebounds.

My hats off to you Magoffin. You looked real good last night against what was supposed to be a real good team.

Good luck against Paintsville tonight.

BTW, where was Collette Cole for the first 3 quarters last night??????? She scored 20 in the 4th quarter when it was already over.

Can someone tell me how in the world did Breathitt beat Letcher??? Did Letcher play their worst game of the year? Or is Letcher big and slow like Breathitt. If your team is big and slow, Breathitt will give you fits. Any team that is quick AND has talent, will beat Breathitt.

To beat Magoffin you have to 1)Limit turnovers. 2)Keep Magoffin off the boards, both offensively and defensively. 3)Don't let them kill you with 3's 4)Don't let them establish a run, they can run you out of the gym. If they score a couple and then score off a steal, you better get a TO to slow the momentum. 5)Don't let them get fast break baskets, and that won't be easy.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Marshall only had 1 point.
Magoffin did have tremendous balanced scoring with 5 players in double figures. I had heard that Magoffin had players had become selfish and it would hurt them. Sorry to tell you, that is the farthest from the truth. This team passes the ball so much better than last years team.

If you're not ready for Magoffin's pressure and aggressiveness, then you better not show up. Well, Breathitt was not ready for it. They were intimidated by it from the start. Breathitt is very big and very slow. They don't handle the ball well and surprisingly, they are not a good rebounding team. How can you have 3 players over 6 foot and let a smaller team out rebound you????? Magoffin boxed out real well and was quicker to the rebounds.

My hats off to you Magoffin. You looked real good last night against what was supposed to be a real good team.

Good luck against Paintsville tonight.

BTW, where was Collette Cole for the first 3 quarters last night??????? She scored 20 in the 4th quarter when it was already over.

Can someone tell me how in the world did Breathitt beat Letcher??? Did Letcher play their worst game of the year? Or is Letcher big and slow like Breathitt. If your team is big and slow, Breathitt will give you fits. Any team that is quick AND has talent, will beat Breathitt.

To beat Magoffin you have to 1)Limit turnovers. 2)Keep Magoffin off the boards, both offensively and defensively. 3)Don't let them kill you with 3's 4)Don't let them establish a run, they can run you out of the gym. If they score a couple and then score off a steal, you better get a TO to slow the momentum. 5)Don't let them get fast break baskets, and that won't be easy.

Marshall did only have 1 pt. sorry about that typo
congrats