Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many people think Taylor Swift is ruining real Country Music
On QVC today, she has her own Barbie doll, and now in the spring she will have her own line of greetings cards, by American Greetings Cards. If I would have to say, over achiever's that has on her plate what she does, has to burn out soon. Especially at the ripe old age of 20.
Taylor Swift is country music? Always considered her "pop". I can listen to her, shes not all bad. But like someone else said, I really can't listen to female country music anymore. Sarah Evans is about it. Nothing like George Strait, B&D, Jason Aldean, and Alan Jackson.
Country music isnt country music anymore. Jerry Reed, Tom T. Hall, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams, Hank Williams Jr, C.W. McCalls, Willie Nelson...That's country music my friends.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Country music isnt country music anymore. Jerry Reed, Tom T. Hall, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams, Hank Williams Jr, C.W. McCalls, Willie Nelson...That's country music my friends.

That they are....But, as Stardust said...everything is in different categories. Most off those would be considered "Outlaw". Except TomT. Hall and I love him.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Country music isnt country music anymore. Jerry Reed, Tom T. Hall, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams, Hank Williams Jr, C.W. McCalls, Willie Nelson...That's country music my friends.

One of the greatest country music song tellers was Red Sovine, I would listen to the radio with my Dad when I was around 7 to Teddy Bear, Roses for Mama, and Daddy's Girl.
Stardust Wrote:Now Motorhead, Michael Jackson, and the Backstreet Boys are all considered Rock N' Roll.

No offense, but the Backstreet Boys have never and never will be considered Rock N' Roll. :yikes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I seem to remember these same debates with my dad over Garth. I seem to here all these same debates over Shania...... You all are becoming your "Parents".....
alfus21 Wrote:No offense, but the Backstreet Boys have never and never will be considered Rock N' Roll. :yikes:

Sorry, but POP music is considered Rock N Roll. That's why I have been saying that Country has yet to have their own separate categories. Rock has several!
The Backstreet Boys, Shania Twain, and Garth Brooks are awesome!
I was never a Shania Twain fan, LOVED what Garth did for Country Music, and enjoyed my teenage boys at the time enjoying the Back Street Boys instead of the rap crap that later became so prevalent. It was in the paper today that Daughtry was going to be at the Expo soon. At least his music is clean.
I also remember Hank Locklin, and Jim Reeves. There was one song that was called the Wreck of Number Nine. I'll never forget that song, I was so young, but I remember like it was yesterday.
Ok, First Taylor Swift Is Awesome And Has Actually Made People Listen To Country Music Again...

On Another Note. BACKSTREET BOYS ROCK YOU GUYS SUCK.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Ok, First Taylor Swift Is Awesome And Has Actually Made People Listen To Country Music Again...

On Another Note. BACKSTREET BOYS ROCK YOU GUYS SUCK.

I agree!!!!! LOL
Aslan Wrote:[/B]

I agree!!!!! LOL

They have a new CD by the way.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:They have a new CD by the way.

That's awesome! You should buy it for me! lol.
Yeah, Shes the worst....
Aslan Wrote:That's awesome! You should buy it for me! lol.

Lol. Download. Sir.
Overrated Wrote:Yeah, Shes the worst....

How so?
Real country music no longer exists. Atleast not in the mainstream, and I could care less about who wins Grammys
Beetle01 Wrote:Real country music no longer exists. Atleast not in the mainstream, and I could care less about who wins Grammys

Seems like nobody else cares either.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol. Download. Sir.

How so?

Wait is Taylor Swift the girl Kanye embarrassed?
Overrated Wrote:Wait is Taylor Swift the girl Kanye embarrassed?

Embarrassed wouldnt be the word. Kanye is an idiot and a disgrace to everyone in the music business.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Embarrassed wouldnt be the word. Kanye is an idiot and a disgrace to everyone in the music business.

LOL.... I guess I used the wrong word when I said shes the worst..Saying she is country is the worst thing ever though.
I'm not getting in the country music debate. Taylor Swift can't sing live, it is all the auto tune and so forth that makes her sound decent on a CD. Can she write song? Definitely. Is it impressive? Yes. I believe she should let others sing her song though. What Kanye done may have not been right, but his point was true. Taylor didn't deserve the award plain and simple. I would like to see the numbers of how many record are bought by the 13-18 crowd of girls because I would say that a good 70% would have to come from that age group because they think their lives are so hard and they can compare to the heartbreak and all that crap in her songs.
I think she is a really good singer
catmandoo Wrote:I think she is a really good singer

If you don't mind us asking, are you male or female, and under 20 or over 20? Just trying to see where her market is?
I can't believe this. I watch the clips for the new movie Valentine's Day, not only does Taylor play in it, she sings the song for the movie. This girl is on overkill drive, and is really getting on my nerves. Wonder what's next?
BlackcatFootball Wrote:I'm not getting in the country music debate. Taylor Swift can't sing live, it is all the auto tune and so forth that makes her sound decent on a CD. Can she write song? Definitely. Is it impressive? Yes. I believe she should let others sing her song though. What Kanye done may have not been right, but his point was true. Taylor didn't deserve the award plain and simple. I would like to see the numbers of how many record are bought by the 13-18 crowd of girls because I would say that a good 70% would have to come from that age group because they think their lives are so hard and they can compare to the heartbreak and all that crap in her songs.

Name me 5 bands or singers that can sing live these days? And 13-18 girls are the majority of all cd sales. What kanye did was wrong and she did deserver the award.

mrsportsfan Wrote:I can't believe this. I watch the clips for the new movie Valentine's Day, not only does Taylor play in it, she sings the song for the movie. This girl is on overkill drive, and is really getting on my nerves. Wonder what's next?

How is she getting on your nerves? What has she ever done to you?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Name me 5 bands or singers that can sing live these days? And 13-18 girls are the majority of all cd sales. What kanye did was wrong and she did deserver the award.

How is she getting on your nerves? What has she ever done to you?

She is making it to where she is in my face, all the time. Taking over music awards from people who have busted their bums, only to loose it to a stick thin girl, who has gotten where she is by tweens. It is like eating brussel sprouts for dinner every day, you get sick of them.
mrsportsfan Wrote:She is making it to where she is in my face, all the time. Taking over music awards from people who have busted their bums, only to loose it to a stick thin girl, who has gotten where she is by tweens. It is like eating brussel sprouts for dinner every day, you get sick of them.

Your 5 singers, or bands that can sing live are: Bob Seger he was awesome on his tour, Keith Urban, Bon Jovi, I saw Barbra Streisand on her last tour, but she's not everybody's pick, but their's no denying her stage presence on tour. Garth Brooks, he is still playing dates in Vegas, periodically. Feel free to add more.
I don't think she is a great singer. She can't sing on stage. She does write her own songs, which is uncommon nowadays. I think it's good for country music to get some attention nomatter who wins it. We got Carrie and Taylor, we should be set for a few years.