Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Men's CBB Power Rankings
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Actually, Coach Calipari is favored to be Coach of the Year being in his first year at UK and taking them back to this kind of prominence already.

Syracuse is a great team (definitely top three at the moment), but I just think UK is slightly and I mean slightly better and would matchup pretty well against them. It's just my opinion. You have your opinion and it is obviously different, but I respect it.

I like KY. I just like the Orange better. No big deal on saying your favorite team is better...Just some people kill me when they think Wall and Cousins can't be stopped. A lot of people going to be in for a big shock come March. As far as coach of the year its a toss up between Jim B, Cal and Pitt's coach but they are falling a part just a little now.
lwc Wrote:UK beat Florida by 12 IN Gainsville. Syracuse beat them by 12 in a (somewhat) neutral court. Also, that game too Rick Johnson having the game of his life to beat them.

You can't compare schedules to say who is the best. The selection committee does compare schedules but many of the members ALWAYS say that the eye test is the most important.
I will conclude by saying, Syracuse HAS played the better schedule and that will remain because of the Big East, that is probably unarguable. Kentucky has the most talent, two players going 1 and 2 in the draft and one player being an All-American that is neither of those players, and that is probably unarguable.

Both points will still be argued anyway because it is what we do on Bluegrass Rivals :biggrin:

You have to compare schedules, there is no other way. You can only measure talent based on how they play against who they play! The Selection committee has used that comment, but they have referred to that for "bubble" teams. Any of the top 4 seeds (top 12 teams), they have seen all of those teams play.
Overrated Wrote:All i'm saying stats wise Cuse is almost #1 in each category. Kentucky has never met a big and strong team. Sure they both have lost one game, But look at Syracuse schedule then look at KY schedule. The Orange have #1 SOS and Jim Boehim will be coach of the year. I don't even think Cousins would last long in that kind of game..

Syracuse actually has the #12 SOS as compared to UK's #51 SOS. Not trying to be a smart aleck. Just trying to fuel the fire. :Clap:
Here are the RPI's as of last night:

1. Kansas
2. Syracuse
3. Villanova
4. Duke
5. WVU
6. UK
7. Georgetown
8. Kansas St.
9. Wisconsin
10. New Mexico
ImagineThat! Wrote:Syracuse actually has the #12 SOS as compared to UK's #51 SOS. Not trying to be a smart aleck. Just trying to fuel the fire. :Clap:

Oh really? It must have got changed a few hours ago then.
ImagineThat! Wrote:Here are the RPI's as of last night:

1. Kansas
2. Syracuse
3. Villanova
4. Duke
5. WVU
6. UK
7. Georgetown
8. Kansas St.
9. Wisconsin
10. New Mexico

That would probably changed since the games tonight.
I would say UK is up to maybe 5.