Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No EA Sports ncaa College basketball 2011
EA's NCAA Basketball Forced To Sit Out 2010 Season

March Madness may be just around the corner but EA isn't all that enthusiastic about their virtual iteration of college basketball.
The NCAA Basketball series has been around for a very long time but according to Game Informer, EA Sports senior director of communications, David Tinson, confirmed that a new installment in 2010 isn't in the cards. This doesn't necessarily mean we'll never see the franchise again but for now, it seems clear that EA isn't interested in pursuing this particular sport for gamers. Said Tinson:
"We do not have an NCAA Basketball game in development at this time, and we’re currently reviewing the future of our NCAA Basketball business. This was a difficult decision, but we remain a committed partner to the NCAA and its member institutions."
Now, unfortunately, 2K Sports opted to do the same thing with their NCAA b-ball franchise, which means any college basketball fans will simply have to do without this year. The article also mentions a history of poor sales, lackluster critical reviews, and the fact that EA and the NCAA are currently embroiled in pending lawsuits over player likenesses in the games. The good news is that this decision by EA won't result in more layoffs; the team that would've been responsible for this year's NCAA Basketball have simply been reassigned to other projects. Well, when a franchise isn't doing well, it isn't doing well, right? Might as well cut out the weaker link in your sports chain.
2/10/2010 9:29:20 PM Ben Dutka
this is an epic fail
I cant believe this. First, I cant play my "FAVORITE" games in the 2k college hoops series, and now I dont get to play college bball games at all? Im really disappointed. Oh, and lol at the pic of Louisville winning the Championship.
Well this past years game was horrible. 09's was better, I could keep my hands off of it for a while(yeah, I know. thats what she said). But I had like a 65-10 record online on it(most my loses was d/c btw). I might start playing it again since there not going to be another game like it for a while.
i have EA Sports NCAA Basketball 10
I Hate You EA Sports!
i will not buy any other ea games until they bring college basketball back
Well this just sucks, I hadn't bought a College Basketball game since 2005, and I get College Basketball 10, and now they aren't going to make it!