Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feds Creek 56 Dorton 32
Congratulations to Coach Justice and the Vikings. They executed very well tonight and knocked down 10 three point shots. We simply had no answer. Christian Taylor and Christian Hagy stepped up big for the Vikings. Both are very underrated players. Our game plan was to make someone other than Camron and Johnny beat us, and they did. I was really impressed with the sportsmanship shown by both teams and fans after the game as well. I have a great group of kids. They are so classy and deserve as much recognition for that as for their play on the floor. Good luck to both teams tomorrow night.

I would also like to commend Principal Wallace for coming into the lockerroom and speaking to our boys. That was very nice of him and we appreciate it.

For Dorton:

Cody Belter 14 points, 8 rebounds, 8 blocks
Owen Caudill 9 points
Zach Cantrell 5 points, 2 rebounds
Estil Bentley 4 points, 1 assist, 1 steal
Jesse Lucas 4 assists, 4 steals, 2 rebounds
Victor Fouts 3 assists, 2 rebounds

For Feds Creek:

Camron Justice 19 points
Johnny Miller 16 points
Christian Taylor 15 points
Christian Hagy 7 points
Chris Mason 1 point
Always tough to lose in the tourney, but somebody has to. Congrats to both teams on great seasons. I like how Feds Creek had 3 players in double figures with 19, 16, 15, thats awesome. If you can get 3 players to score like that consistently, theres not much you cant accomplish. Good luck the rest of the way FC.
Was this the championship? Wallace is a great person. Very Classy.
Congratulations Feds Creek on a fantastic win and great playing by all involved.
Coach, as I told you and your boys, that could have very easily been the other way around. Yes we did play well and hit some nice shots, but you guys have a great team and have nothing to be ashamed of. Dorton has brought out the best in Feds Creek all year, even in the games we have lost to you. I commend you, your team, fans, and school for being a class act and having one of the top basketball programs around. I had so many of your parents come up and congratulate us on the win, that is so classy and just plain nice. I have truly enjoyed our series this year! Best wishes and best of luck tomorrow night!
Congrats Feds Creek and hope you win the county championship.
From what I can gather, this is the first time that Feds Creek has ever been to the championship game in the Pike County tournament. Feds Creek has a lot of classy people and a team to be proud of. Congratulations on making it to the championship and good luck in the game.
Coach Davis, you and your team have nothing to be ashamed of. You guys just caught Feds Creek on a bad night. They were hitting everything. They played awesome last night. It was a completely different team than the one who played Johns Creek. Hats off to Dorton on a great season.
Good luck to both trams tonight. Congrats to FC.
Wow, Feds Creek really played well
History has it Feds Creek played Johns Creek in the county championship game on February 13, 1974. Johns Creek won by 3 points on a last second basket and free throw by David Lyons.
Coach, I for one, think that your team is awesome...So much talent and such good kids...Every game our two teams played was a barnburner and a personal aerobic workout for me (lol)...I have to concur with everything school admin. said, I two have enjoyed every game and also the hospitality of the good folks from Dorton....The Wildcats have great fans and a great Coach...Good Luck to you in advance for next season!! :Thumbs:
Viking_Mommy Wrote:Coach, I for one, think that your team is awesome...So much talent and such good kids...Every game our two teams played was a barnburner and a personal aerobic workout for me (lol)...I have to concur with everything school admin. said, I two have enjoyed every game and also the hospitality of the good folks from Dorton....The Wildcats have great fans and a great Coach...Good Luck to you in advance for next season!! :Thumbs:

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate the people from Feds Creek who had kind words for our boys after a heartbreaking loss.

Good luck in the championship.
Congratulations to both teams on this game and the whole season. You are playing basketball with the spirit that is making your hometown fans proud of you and are doing it with the class that your coach exhibits. One team had to win, this time it was Feds Creek, congrats!
First time Feds Creeks won a championship snice way back in the high school years.
Great win but I am very surprized with the score!!! Good job too both!!!
IT'S PEOPL LIKE YOU THATCAUSES CHILDREN TO BE SUCH RIVALS!!! COACH DAVIS TEACHES HIS BOYS MORE THAN BASKETBALL!!!!! HE TEACHES THEM SPORTSMANSHIP, LOVE OF OTHERS, SPORTSMANSHIP, AND CLASS!!!! I'M SURE THAT HAD VIRGIG BEEN THE WINNERS AND INVITED OUR BOYS TO CELEBRATE WITH THEM THEY WOULD HAVE DONE SO, AS WELL. i ALSO THINK SOME OF VIRGIE ANS WERE ALSO AWARE THAT SOME DORTON FANS CHEERED FOR THEM AS WELL. THESE TEENAGERS WOULD A BE FINE IF PEOPLE WITH YOUR ATTITUDE WOULD GROW UP!!!!!!!! BOYS HAVE FUN PLAYING BALL AND LET THE JEALOUS ADULTS ON HERE FALL BELOW YOUR STANDARDS AND YOUR CLASS!!!!!
Sorry, posted on wrong thread..
Congrats to Dorton on a very good season, Randy you have a good group of boys this year and have done a very good job with them getting them to play as a team. I know they would have loved to have won it all but don't let this loss take anything away from a very good year. The way that FC shot the ball it would have been hard for the Lakers to have beat them, they were on their game in this one. I think someone said they had 10 three's and on a couple of their missed 3's they got fouled and went to the line for free throws and converted on 4 or 5 of them totaling 34 or 35 of their points by way of the three and when someone does that you just have to tip your hat to them. Congrats to FC you guys played a very good game and deserve the win, FC you have a solid team with some very good and unselfish players that share the ball and if you're open the Justice boy will find you and when you shoot like you did against Dorton you're a very tough out for anyone.
Congrats Feds Creek!