Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feds Creek 60, Virgie 50 (Pike County Championship)
5timechamp Wrote:Good question. :popcorn:

Quote from the Principal of FC:
they will be playing some H.S. ball, but they will also be playing for us too!! It will give them a chance to compete on a higher level, and it will give us a chance to develop some younger players, and at the same time, they will play for us against tough competition and be ready for they County Tourney next year!

Question asked and answered...:biggrin::letsparty
I think if Justice starts for the Varsity he then can't play at the middle school level. I am not sure on this but pretty sure of it. Maybe some one with more information can shed the light on this.

If so Raymond Justice has a big decision to make. Does he start his son who deserves it or let him come off the bench so he can play for Feds Creek.
Wooo, I don't know of any rule anywhere that wouldn't allow an 8th grade student to play Middle School ball if he plays on a High School Team. Perhaps you are referring to the holdback rule that wouldn't allow him to play H.S. ball during the holdback year. He isn't staying back, so that is a moot point.
I am not sure of the rule woooo. Its hard to say because i am not sure there is a rule book for middle school basketball in Kentucky.
There is no rule book for Middle School sports in Kentucky, the KHSAA has no governing authority over Middle Schools, trust me, I should know! Anyway, if any Feds Creek player wishes to play straight H.S. Ball, I will support their decision, if they choose to do both, I will also support that as well!!!
School Admin that's why your a good principal! You always support your boys in their decisions and actions. Congrats on winning the county and keep up the work.
Woooo Wrote:I think if Justice starts for the Varsity he then can't play at the middle school level. I am not sure on this but pretty sure of it. Maybe some one with more information can shed the light on this.

If so Raymond Justice has a big decision to make. Does he start his son who deserves it or let him come off the bench so he can play for Feds Creek.

There is no such rule as far as I know (unless it has been implemented recently).
I have never heard of this rule either Coach Davis.
Woooo Wrote:I think if Justice starts for the Varsity he then can't play at the middle school level. I am not sure on this but pretty sure of it. Maybe some one with more information can shed the light on this.

I heard someone else saying the same thing, that he can play Varsity but can't start. Don't sound right to me.

Aren't we ALL lucky that the world doesn't revolve around your opinion..:lmao:
Great job Vikings. Don't let any of this negativity tarnish anything you accomplished.
It has absolutely nothing to do with you. Enjoy it now and then focus on defending in 2011.
I look forward to seeing you get your day of recognition with the PC Board of Education.
And when people come to your gym next year I hope they see a 4 x 8 foot picture of the 2010 champions prominently displayed on the wall.
On the subject of eligibility. The KHSAA does not govern middle school basketball. However when a middle school player participates in a varsity sport then they become part of a team that is governed. Example, a first year 8th grader could not play varsity basketball and hold back in middle school to get 6 years of eligibility. He would only be allowed to play for 5 years.
Not playing in the same grade for two years because of staying back for age and maturity is a local rule. Many systems let them continue to play.
Coach Davis you are definately a class act. I hope the people from Dorton realize you are a jewel in their crown. Great job coach! You teach more than just basketball. The world could greatly benefit from more people just like you.
FedsCreek_Freak_55 Wrote:Coach Davis you are definately a class act. I hope the people from Dorton realize you are a jewel in their crown. Great job coach! You teach more than just basketball. The world could greatly benefit from more people just like you.

I really appreciate it. That means a lot to me.
If you start on the varisty team at the high school level you are ineligable to play MS ball. Also a kid cant play more that 4 years of high school ball, unless they play while in middle school, then they are allowed 5yrs of high school ball.

So if Raymond starts cameron or not that is up to him. however this clears up the confusion.
There is no rule against this by the KHSAA that I can find, that have no say if he plays on a middle school regardless if he starts varisty. Is this a school board policy? A kid can play 9 years of high school basketball starting in 4th grade. I have read Bylaw 4 and this is what I am basing that on. If it is in any other Bylaw please point it out.

Janitor_32 Wrote:If you start on the varisty team at the high school level you are ineligable to play MS ball. Also a kid cant play more that 4 years of high school ball, unless they play while in middle school, then they are allowed 5yrs of high school ball.

So if Raymond starts cameron or not that is up to him. however this clears up the confusion.
hypersport Wrote:On the subject of eligibility. The KHSAA does not govern middle school basketball. However when a middle school player participates in a varsity sport then they become part of a team that is governed. Example, a first year 8th grader could not play varsity basketball and hold back in middle school to get 6 years of eligibility. He would only be allowed to play for 5 years.
Not playing in the same grade for two years because of staying back for age and maturity is a local rule. Many systems let them continue to play.

Wrong. A players eligiblity is governed as they enter 9th grade. Holding back and participating does not factor until that student is in 9th grade. Also, middle school players are not permitted to compete at the varsity level in football and wrestling due to being considered full contact sports. Thus, baseballl, basketball, volleyball etc. can't be governed differently in regards to middle school players.
A lot of misinformation in this thread.

I'm sure coach Justice knows the rules and will do whats best for Cameron.

Only rule KHSAA has is you cannot play 2 years in the same grade......meaning if your a holdback you can play your first year in that grade and not the 2nd.
One year of eligibilitly per grade for high school basketball. It is the first year in that grade only, whether used or not. The last four years begin once promoted to 9th grade even if you decide to repeat 8th grade(and cannot play high school that year). You would have ony 3 years left. How many years you played high school before this isn't a factor.
NEXT Wrote:A lot of misinformation in this thread.

I'm sure coach Justice knows the rules and will do whats best for Cameron.

Only rule KHSAA has is you cannot play 2 years in the same grade......meaning if your a holdback you can play your first year in that grade and not the 2nd.

Hope this helps.....Per Khsaa.org

Have to turn 15 after August 1st of your 8th grade year.
Have to turn 19 after August 1st of your senior year.

If you get heldback, you can play in middle school in that 2nd year, but you are not allowed to play any high school sports in that 2nd year.

The KHSAA governs high school participation, meaning once you enter the 9th grade, you have 4 yrs. to do whatever in athletics.
Congrats Feds Creek from a old grad back in 1980 still love the old blue and gold
Who is the coach at FC and what is coach Davis first name from Dorton
Brody Justice is the coach at Feds Creek and Randy Davis is the coach from Dorton!
logan09 Wrote:Who is the coach at FC and what is coach Davis first name from Dorton

If you graduated in 1980, then you might recognize Brody Justice as the son of Jeff Justice and Connie Rose Justice...I'll bet I know you too, I graduated in '82..Confusedhh:
Know Jeff and Connie well have not talk to them in awhile sure Jeff is proud of Brody wish them all the luck in the world i am Keith Epling been gone since 1986 get back to visit mom when i can still have a special place for FC
logan09 Wrote:Know Jeff and Connie well have not talk to them in awhile sure Jeff is proud of Brody wish them all the luck in the world i am Keith Epling been gone since 1986 get back to visit mom when i can still have a special place for FC

Hey Keith, Tammie Phillips Hunt here...Our boys are in Lexington competing in a tourny this weekend, they won their first game 58-42 against the Meece team...Just got off the phone with my son and he said they play again at 9:00am Saturday...Nice to talk to you, Greg says hello...