Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top ten teams in the 14th this year
List your top 10 teams in the 14th this year.
Here is mine.
1.Knott
2.Letcher
3.Estill
4.Hazard
5.Powell
6.Perry
7.Wolfe
8.Breathitt
9.Lee
10.Leslie
PCBaseball Wrote:List your top 10 teams in the 14th this year.
Here is mine.
1.Knott
2.Letcher
3.Estill
4.Hazard
5.Powell
6.Perry
7.Wolfe
8.Breathitt
9.Lee
10.Leslie

agreed
PCBaseball Wrote:List your top 10 teams in the 14th this year.
Here is mine.
1.Knott
2.Letcher
3.Estill
4.Hazard
5.Powell
6.Perry
7.Wolfe
8.Breathitt
9.Lee
10.Leslie

Looks good. The only thing I can say is that I might switch Breathitt and Wolfe.
fanatic11 Wrote:Looks good. The only thing I can say is that I might switch Breathitt and Wolfe.

i agree
14thregionrules Wrote:i agree

When Ritchie is on the mound, I would put Breathitt in the top three, but unfortunately, he can't pitch every game and that is why I put Breathitt behind Wolfe. When Creech is on the mound, I would rank them higher as well. That is why the other teams are ranked higher than Wolfe and Breathitt. They all have a deeper pitching rotation, but when Wolfe and Breathitt have their aces on the mound, they are capable of beating anyone in the region.
good list but i was wondering did lee lose any key players
Top two come from 53rd...
Jshort5 Wrote:Top two come from 53rd...

yea
1 Letcher Co Central
2. Knott Co Central
3. Estill County
4. Hazard
5. Powell County
6. Perry Co Central
7. Breathitt Co
8. Wolfe County
9. Lee County
10. Buckhorn
diehardbluefan Wrote:1 Letcher Co Central
2. Knott Co Central

3. Estill County
4. Hazard
5. Powell County
6. Perry Co Central
7. Breathitt Co
8. Wolfe County
9. Lee County
10. Buckhorn

I really don't think you can put LCC over KCC after KCC won all 3 meetings last year and lost very little while LCC lost one of their best pitchers and hitters. I know they have a very large senior class and will want to win very bad, I just don't think at this point you can rank them above KCC.
diehardbluefan Wrote:1 Letcher Co Central
2. Knott Co Central
3. Estill County
4. Hazard
5. Powell County
6. Perry Co Central
7. Breathitt Co
8. Wolfe County
9. Lee County
10. Buckhorn

1. Letcher Co Central
2. Knott Co Central
3. Perry
4. Hazard
5. Estill
6. Lee
7. Powell
8. Breathitt
9. Wolfe
10. Leslie

How is Buckhorn going to be better than Leslie? lee should move up Lee and Powell both lost some with players not comming back and graduates, but I give lee the upper hand with this match-up. Lee also beat Breathitt with Ritchie on the mound, so I pick them again. I also put them in front of wolfe since they beat wolfe last year. ( I know wolfe co. has the great white hype) and he will probably be good in is time but no way he will be better than Gus Wise this year.
3under_PAR Wrote:1. Letcher Co Central
2. Knott Co Central
3. Perry
4. Hazard
5. Estill
6. Lee
7. Powell
8. Breathitt
9. Wolfe
10. Leslie

How is Buckhorn going to be better than Leslie? lee should move up Lee and Powell both lost some with players not comming back and graduates, but I give lee the upper hand with this match-up. Lee also beat Breathitt with Ritchie on the mound, so I pick them again. I also put them in front of wolfe since they beat wolfe last year. ( I know wolfe co. has the great white hype) and he will probably be good in is time but no way he will be better than Gus Wise this year.

i think buckhorn is better cause after leslie losing there ace and do they got much from last years team returning
3under_PAR Wrote:1. Letcher Co Central
2. Knott Co Central
3. Perry
4. Hazard
5. Estill
6. Lee
7. Powell
8. Breathitt
9. Wolfe
10. Leslie

I agree with you on Buckhorn and Leslie. Leslie is ahead of them. Lee will be good and Jason is doing a good job over there. The reason I put Wolfe and Breathitt ahead of Lee is because of Ritchie and Creech. Lee lost a great pitcher and I don't know who they will replace him with this year. As for (the great white hype) as you called him, I have to say that I don't see any hype. He is probably the top player in the region this year and he was close last year and that isn't taking anything away from Wise because he is a great talent and I look for him to have a great season this year as well and I might add, he is a great kid with alot of class and the Creech kid is as well. We are lucky to have them both here in the 14th region. I know both of them and I love to watch them both play the game.
Leslie beat Buckhorn without even throwing there ace from last year.
PCBaseball Wrote:I agree with you on Buckhorn and Leslie. Leslie is ahead of them. Lee will be good and Jason is doing a good job over there. The reason I put Wolfe and Breathitt ahead of Lee is because of Ritchie and Creech. Lee lost a great pitcher and I don't know who they will replace him with this year. As for (the great white hype) as you called him, I have to say that I don't see any hype. He is probably the top player in the region this year and he was close last year and that isn't taking anything away from Wise because he is a great talent and I look for him to have a great season this year as well and I might add, he is a great kid with alot of class and the Creech kid is as well. We are lucky to have them both here in the 14th region. I know both of them and I love to watch them both play the game.

That is part sarcasm and part movie quote......its funny that you know who im talking about. There is no way that kid was even top 10 last year and sorry but he will not even be close this year either.......maybe in a few years he will be the best, only in his time.
3under_PAR Wrote:That is part sarcasm and part movie quote......its funny that you know who im talking about. There is no way that kid was even top 10 last year and sorry but he will not even be close this year either.......maybe in a few years he will be the best, only in his time.
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. In either case, I would love to have Gus and Creech here at Powell. They can both flat out play.
fanatic11 Wrote:I really don't think you can put LCC over KCC after KCC won all 3 meetings last year and lost very little while LCC lost one of their best pitchers and hitters. I know they have a very large senior class and will want to win very bad, I just don't think at this point you can rank them above KCC.

I would like to know how you could put either of them in front of Estill Co. because if I'm not mistaken, they are the returning back to back regional champs. Hardware doesn't lie. They should be #1 until beaten.
kingjames1zboss Wrote:I would like to know how you could put either of them in front of Estill Co. because if I'm not mistaken, they are the returning back to back regional champs. Hardware doesn't lie. They should be #1 until beaten.

It doesn't work like that, if your team is not going to be as good as the previous year and everyone knows it, there will probably be another team to pass them up. Apparently Knott is that team.
Talking to some of the Powell County people at the basketball district, they seemed to be pretty upbeat about their team this year. Said they didn't lose many players off last year's squad. And that team was very close to being as good as Estill County, who won the region.
Can't ever underestimate the 56th district in baseball (or softball for that matter). The district has won the region 3 of the last 4 years in baseball and 4 straight in softball.
Estill should be really tough this year again. Possibly strong enough to go Back to Back to Back????
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Talking to some of the Powell County people at the basketball district, they seemed to be pretty upbeat about their team this year. Said they didn't lose many players off last year's squad. And that team was very close to being as good as Estill County, who won the region.
Can't ever underestimate the 56th district in baseball (or softball for that matter). The district has won the region 3 of the last 4 years in baseball and 4 straight in softball.

Last years Powell team was very close to being as good as Estill?? Uh...10 to 0 in 6 innings in the district championship....Hardly.
Looks good to me,I think Knott will be very good!!
John_Rocker Wrote:Last years Powell team was very close to being as good as Estill?? Uh...10 to 0 in 6 innings in the district championship....Hardly.
We will just see about that pretty soon, huh?
Go Pirates!
1. Letcher Co Central
2. Hazard
3. Perry
4. Letcher
5.Powell
6. Knott
7. Lee
8. Breathitt
9. Wolfe
10. Leslie
Knott is not top 5 team in the region b/c of their easy schedule last year you can't say they are a great or a good team with that schedule they had hopefully this year it opens everyones eyes they r not as good as you think couch pulled a fast one to make you think they were good but in reality he has no idea how to coach he ask his players what would Gary Hammonds would do in this situation if he was a good coach he would know and btw who keeps in a pitcher when the other team is up 8-0 on you in the first inning its stupidity
sorry knott is not that team you will see and i agree hardware does speak a lot when you have won it back to back times and you prove your the best team by beating the best not weak teams like kcc
you-wish23 Wrote:sorry knott is not that team you will see and i agree hardware does speak a lot when you have won it back to back times and you prove your the best team by beating the best not weak teams like kcc

Try to use punctuations.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Try to use punctuations.

no on cares about punctuations its a sports forum not a freaking writing paper
you-wish23 Wrote:no on cares about punctuations its a sports forum not a freaking writing paper

You need to read rule 12.
just wondering if most of you guys know that your putting estill, powell and lee all in the top 10. thats all fine and dandy but only two teams can come out of the 54th...
Baseballkid10 Wrote:just wondering if most of you guys know that your putting estill, powell and lee all in the top 10. thats all fine and dandy but only two teams can come out of the 54th...

56th