Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Tennis
Any predictions or thoughts on who will win the 15th this year?
I'd say it's a toss up between Lawrence Co., Johnson Central, Morgan Co. and Pikeville in no particular order.
As far as the team title, I'd say Johnson Central or Morgan Co. with Lawrence Co. and Pikeville a close second. So who are the best individual boys and girls players this year?
Natural i believe that we will win the region again this season. We are very deep and it appears our threats are Johnson Central and Morgan County. Im looking forward to this years regional tournament and maybe we will get to see another 3 way tie. Either way good luck to all the teams and whoever represents our region in the state tournament!
Here are some of our recent scores:
Pikeville over Morgan Co. 5-4
Pikeville over Johnson Co. 5-4

Both could have easily gone the other way as the teams are well matched.
Morgan is not in the 15th
Yes they are. The regional compositions vary from sport to sport, and the 15th region in tennis includes Morgan.
Yes they are. The regional compositions vary from sport to sport, and the 15th region in tennis includes Morgan.

Here are the alignments for the 14th, 15th and 16th for tennis:

REGION 14: Breathitt County, Estill County, Hazard, June Buchanan, Knott County Central, Lee County, Letcher County Central, Perry County Central
REGION 15: Allen Central, Betsy Layne, East Ridge, Lawrence County, Magoffin County, Morgan County, Paintsville, Pike County Central, Pikeville,
Prestonsburg, Sheldon Clark
REGION 16: Ashland Blazer, Bath County, Boyd County, East Carter, Greenup County, Lewis County, Raceland, Rose Hill Christian, Rowan County, Russell,
West Carter
that was from the khsaa website, but johnson central also has a team and is in the 15th. Betsy Layne, Allen Central and East Ridge do not have a tennis team to my knowledge, but I could be wrong.
the main contenders for boys are definitely Lawrence, Morgan, JC, and Pikeville. LC beat JC this year 7-2 and were beating Morgan Co. 3-1 with an unfinished match at 4-0 when it began to rain. although LC hasn't played Pikeville yet, i like their chances for the regional tournament.
for girls, it will definitely be Morgan Co or Lawrence Co.
I don't know if anyone else is aware of this, but the date that our Regional tournament is currently set is also the day after a couple of schools' prom. Teams have recently canceled matches with my team because of nail appointments a day before prom. It would be impossible for any player to play to their fullest extent after returning home at about 2 A.M. and playing tennis later on at 8 A.M. If anything can be done about this, please advise.
more LC boys' wins:
LC over Pikeville 8-1
LC over Morgan County 7-2
lookin good headin into the Regional Tournament