Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Tournament
With the season pretty much finished and the district match-ups are set, what teams will make it to the regional tournament.
Sheldon Clark & Lawrence County - 57th
Betsy Layne & South Floyd - 58th
Shelby Valley & Pikeville - 59th
Belfry & Pike Central - 60th.:Thumbs:
Down and Out Wrote:Sheldon Clark & Lawrence County - 57th

agree:Thumbs:
It looks like Belfry is the team to beat in the 15th Region and Sheldon Clark a close second
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sheldon Clark is the team to beat Belfry and Betsy Lane is the best of the rest:flame:
TopDog Wrote:Sheldon Clark is the team to beat Belfry and Betsy Lane is the best of the rest:flame:

Lets look at the numbers:

Records
Belfry - 19-7
SC - 18-5

Advantage: About Even

Total Pts scored
Belfry - 1520
SC - 1438

Advantage: Belfry

Total pts given up
Belfry - 1279
SC - 1216

Advantage: SC

Head to Head matchup: 1
SC won the first game of the season against Belfry by 5 points in Inez

Neither team has what you would call a "Signature Win" because the Region as a Whole is down and both teams has struggled to beat teams outside our Region.

IMO, Belfry & SC will probably play in the 15th Region Title game, but don't count out Betsy Layne, they may be the darkhorse.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I feel like Sc will win it this year
First of all Sheldon Clark beat Belfry at Belfry not Inez second Sheldon Clark has had a much harder sch than Belfry Sheldon Clark has played 4 teams in the top 20 in the state one top 5 team Rockcastle and a win aganist Mont. co. on their home floor in their own tourn. when they were ranked the other game they lost was to one of the best teams in Ohio south point. They did lose to Pike C. but they were without thier best player Booth. They have played the best from the 12th,14th and a couple of good teams from the 11th reigon.
I agree that Belfry's schedule has not been as tough as others. Sheldon Clark has played a tough schedule and so has Betsy Layne. Go look at the ratings of the teams these two teams have played. They may not have beat the top ranked teams in the state but they came very close on several occasions. Playing the top teams in the state will help sheldon clark and Betsy Layne during the 15th region tournament.
I agree I think it will come down to Sheldon Clark and betsy lane for a trip to Bowling Green.
Down and Out Wrote:Sheldon Clark & Lawrence County - 57th

Looks like you got the 59th wrong!!!!!!! BIG UPSET for Valley!!!!
EAST RIDGE-----WINNER
Valley----Runner-up
WAY TO GO LADY WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:1:
I think Sheldon Clark will be heading to State.
i think Sheldon Clark or Pike Central just because of the schedule they have played ,no matter the result and SC has booth and PC has harris and thompson and # 33 sorry i don't know her name but she has improved a lot since i watched them early in the year don't matter that pc beat sc without booth sc is a good bb team either way.
I'm not going to do any predicting until we have winners/losers and have seen the draw.
From the start of the season Sheldon Clark has been ranked number one in the region and to say Belfry is the clear choice is a big statement since SC has played one of the toughest schedules in the likes of Clay County, Rockcastle County, Franklin County, Montgomery County and their only loss in region this season was at Pike Central by six but Booth did not play so I think if anyone is the clear choice its the Lady Cards.
I think Betsy Layne has been highly underrated. I agree that Sheldon Clark has an amazing team, and Booth is a great player. However, in no way would I count Betsy Layne out. They have the 15th Region Player of the Year on their team, and I'm sure they don't want her going to Bowling Green without her team supporting her. The Ladycats will put up a fight, and just might come out on top.
The draw I believe is Sunday. Could be some interesting 1st round match-ups.

Winner Runner-Up
57th Sheldon Clark Lawrence Co.
58th Betsy Layne South Floyd
59th East Ridge Shelby Valley
60th Belfry Pike Central

Possible great 1st round match-ups would include: Pike Central vs. Sheldon Clark or Pike Central vs. Betsy Layne. Pike Central has beat both but I think SC or BL would love to play PC again! Belfry vs. South Floyd would also be a great 1st round match-up. But we all will see Sunday and the girls games begin on Monday. Should be some great games!
I know that the drawing is Sunday and that we do not know who is playing who, but does anyone have the schedule for the region next?
I THINK the girls play Monday and Tuesday... not sure though.
Anyone think Belfry/Betsy Layne would be a good game?

Does anyone know around how much it costs to get in the expo for Regional games?
The lineup is
2 girls games on Monday night, 6 : 30 & 8
2 girls game Tuesday night - 6 : 30 & 8
Girls semifinals Friday at 6 : 30 and 8
Championship Saturday 7 o'clock

Reserved and general admission tickets are available for all games with prices of 7 ( reserved) $ 6 ( general admission). Tickets can be purchased at Tickermaster. com, charge by phone at 1 - 800 - 745 - 3000 or at the Appalachian Wireless box office Monday - Friday 10 a,m. to 5 p.m or call the Expo Center at 606 - 444 - 5500.

Boys games will be played Wednesday and Thursday at 6 : 30 and 8, then on Monday, Mar. 8 the boys semifinals and Mar. 9 the boys championship will be played at 7.
I dont think this is a done deal as the boys.
they cant play tonights in a rowe becouse whers the boys come in at
Sheldon Clark v.s Pike Central on Tuesday