Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) Kentucky 58 - (19) Vanderbilt 56
Final
Final

Kentucky's First Win @ Vanderbilt Since 2005
wow what a game..
your a little bit behind lol.. Great game by UK
haha I was actually the first one but it doesnt matter. Im just glad UK pulled it out
I really don't like that Liggins didn't even contest Oglivy's shot at the end.
Congrats cats!!!!
It wouldn't have been close if we could make free throws...
Turnovers and missed free throws almost cost us this win. Very tough win for the Cats.
I am amazed that Vanderbilt could not hit a 3!
Great defensive play by Wall. Missed Free-Throws and Turnovers killed the Cats. Almost cost them the game. But glad to see the Cats get out of Vandy with a W. Go Cats!!!
The block 3 by Wall at the end, was pretty sweet
lwc Wrote:I am amazed that Vanderbilt could not hit a 3!

I thought the same thing but looking back on the game most of Vandy's attempts were contested pretty strongly. Great effort by the Cats. I am sorry but this was a very poorly officiated game and you never hear me say that. I am starting to believe that whatever anybody gets from Cousins is deserved because he absolutely gets murdered and a large portion of the time does not get the call.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I thought the same thing but looking back on the game most of Vandy's attempts were contested pretty strongly. Great effort by the Cats. I am sorry but this was a very poorly officiated game and you never hear me say that. I am starting to believe that whatever anybody gets from Cousins is deserved because he absolutely gets murdered and a large portion of the time does not get the call.
Against whom? Vandy had 2 people foul out, Bledsoe should have gotten a flagrant foul and ejected, 4th foul on Olgilvy was questionable at best. The refs started to call it tight to get control of the game.
Kentucky missed a lot of wide open shots. Patterson missed 2 dunks and Cousins did not have the game he is capable of. They make those shots and get a little more out of Cousins then UK wins this game by double digits. They also absolutely MUST cut down on the turnovers or they will get beat when they play a team like Kansas.
Another edge of your seat game for the Wildcats! Ilove it! Go Cats!
Huge win at Vandy. Big defensive game by the Cats. You are going to have bad offensive nights in the tourny and defense will win those games. I thought the Cats showed that type of D tonight.
I just have a few useless chip shots here...Number one, free throws late will doom this team in March (see Calipari's 2008 Memphis team in the national championship game). Number two, Eric Bledsoe is nowhere near ready for the NBA. Cousins, Patterson and Wall absolutely, but Bledsoe? No way. Number three, the Cats were very fortunate to get out of Nashville with a win, and I thought they played solid defensively. Patterson is picking up his game late, and thats what this team needs. I wish to goodness they would just blow somebody out for the sake though..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
wall saves the day with the block, and coach almost lost it for us for calling the time out, but o well we won, good luck next week cats
Jarons Wrote:Against whom? Vandy had 2 people foul out, Bledsoe should have gotten a flagrant foul and ejected, 4th foul on Olgilvy was questionable at best. The refs started to call it tight to get control of the game.

Against both teams. There has been some very bad refing in college ball this year. I hope at tourney time that the good refs come out and yet the teams play.
way to go cats
Wow what a game..id like to add HORRIBLE SHOOTING from both teams...I mean 2-20 from the 3 pt line, reall C'mon vandy! And Uk you should have beating them 25 with all the missed FT's! But over all this is the biggest W for uk yet this season!
Beal From Vandy is alot better than he showed today! If he had a good game uk wouldnt have had a chance! But Uk sure didnt play to there ability today...they got the W at the end as usuall!
One of the ugliest games I have seen all season. I loved the fight in the team and how they continued to battle back to get the lead in the last few minutes. Really stellar defense caused some trouble for Vandy's normal high percentage 3 point shooting. So glad to get this road trip over with. This all but locks many things for the year: SEC title, #1 seed, 1st round by for the sec tourney.
So proud of this team and I think that they are growing and maturing before our eyes. Far cry from the team who almost lost to Miami and Stanford. Absolutely amazing.
SEC Road games are tough. Conference play is never pretty.
theVILLE Wrote:Beal From Vandy is alot better than he showed today! If he had a good game uk wouldnt have had a chance! But Uk sure didnt play to there ability today...they got the W at the end as usuall!

Wall from Kentucky is alot better than he showed today! If he had a good game Vandy wouldnt have had a chance! But neither team played to their ability today..... the defense was stiffling and UK made the plays at the end as usual!
I have said it before and will say it again. Free throw shooting and UK's inconcsistency from 3 is the only thing that will keep this team from winning a NC,,, but if they don't correct it they could make an exit in the 2nd Round!

Vandy is a Top 20 team anytime they step on the court. At home they are a Top 10 team in the country. I honestly expected UK to lose this game as they entered it because so much was riding on the line for Vandy emotionally. To get the win means alot in this one.

I still think UK needs to lose one of these close games prior to the post-season.
I was extremely impressed with the way the Cats found a way to win this game. I can no longer conisder this group Freshman.
I agree with Stardust, it's time to quit making excuses about these kids being freshmen, they have played almost 30 games and have played in some hostile environments, not to mention MSG. Bledsoe is no even close of being ready for the NBA. He looks like "little" eddy sosa driving the lane against guys 6'10" and nowhere to go and no passing lanes, stop and take the 8-10 foot jump shot.... Then the free throws at the end of the game was all MENTAL.... The question I have is, why didn't Wall go and get the ball with time winding down as opposed to Bledsoe who had just missed his previous 2 free throws???

However, a WIN is a WIN.... This should have us winning the SEC Regular Season Conference Championship with this win
This is the biggest win this year imo. I had said all year that this would be a loss. I was wrong this Kentucky team showed me so much tonight and I was proud of them. They fought hard for the W they will need this come NCAA time.