Poll: Pick The Winner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
South Carolina
0%
(2) Kentucky
100.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina @ (2) Kentucky 2/25
Cats big
20+
The outcome will be alot different than the last time these two teams met! I look for the Wildcats to come out and make a statement! Wildcats by 15
I say UK by quite a few in this one...But it should be close for the first half to 30 minutes of the game! Downey goes for 25+
Cats will throttle the chickens....

Kentucky - 88
USC - 69
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SC is a very dangerous team and can win this game again if downey can manage his shot selection! That to me is the key to the outcome of the game
Stardust Wrote:I just don't get the hate on Downey. I'm all UK, but to not like this kid for what he has accomplished on the teams that he has accomplished them with at his stature is just downright jealousy. For those who have said several times on here about how they could take as many shots as Downey and score as many points as he does, I've go only one thing to say!

You are posting on a public forum becasue no one wanted you and you obviously had no talent!

This is a class young man that BEAT everyone's beloved team, he has a huge fan on here by someone that everyone on here get's their shorts in a knott over and they take it out on an a player that should be the face of the posters on a site like this for members who didn't have great tools. This kid represents all those people who were not that good, but this kid has the type of heart and dedication that most college athletes will NEVER have.

Get over it!
Of the SC players who have averaged at least 10 minutes a game, Downey ranks 8th in FG percentage at 40.1%. That tells me that Downey's supporting cast is not that shabby because they have been competitive even with Downey shooting his arm off this season.

What if Downey played like a real point guard, especially a real 5'9" point guard and used his quickness and excellent ball handling ability to set his teammates up for good shots?

IMO, Downey is the most over rated player in the SEC. Good point guards are supposed to help elevate their teammates' games. Downey always looks for his own shot first and passing is an afterthought.

Downey is a very talented player but there is not really much demand for a selfish 5'9" point guard. His poor shot selection is hurting whatever small chance that he has to make it as a role player in the NBA.

I don't hate Downey but I hate watching selfish basketball players play the game.
The Cats will be prepared for this one and South Carolina better hold on cause it's going to be a long night for them.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Of the SC players who have averaged at least 10 minutes a game, Downey ranks 8th in FG percentage at 40.1%. That tells me that Downey's supporting cast is not that shabby because they have been competitive even with Downey shooting his arm off this season.

What if Downey played like a real point guard, especially a real 5'9" point guard and used his quickness and excellent ball handling ability to set his teammates up for good shots?

IMO, Downey is the most over rated player in the SEC. Good point guards are supposed to help elevate their teammates' games. Downey always looks for his own shot first and passing is an afterthought.

Downey is a very talented player but there is not really much demand for a selfish 5'9" point guard. His poor shot selection is hurting whatever small chance that he has to make it as a role player in the NBA.

I don't hate Downey but I hate watching selfish basketball players play the game.

I've thought that ever since he played at Cincinnati, Hes good but a bit overrated..
i say downey will straight rip the cats up,shoots 2-35 and leads carolina to the win!!!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Of the SC players who have averaged at least 10 minutes a game, Downey ranks 8th in FG percentage at 40.1%. That tells me that Downey's supporting cast is not that shabby because they have been competitive even with Downey shooting his arm off this season.

You really can't argue with this post.
I think UK will come out fired up in this game, UK by 22
Cats take this one at home! Downey will still be a factor! You cant stop him! Cats By 6
I really dont see where Downey is overrated! What would he have to do thursday night for you all to say is one of the best PG's in the conference or the nation
theVILLE Wrote:I really dont see where Downey is overrated! What would he have to do thursday night for you all to say is one of the best PG's in the conference or the nation

Downey is one of the best PG's in the SEC, but not the nation. For me to say he is one of the best in the nation (I believe he has the potential), he would have to get his teammates involved and make them better while taking better shots and still scoring like he does.
theVILLE Wrote:I really dont see where Downey is overrated! What would he have to do thursday night for you all to say is one of the best PG's in the conference or the nation

Keep the game close, Have about 6-8 assist..Drop around 25 and shoot around 40% not 19%..Have 2 or 3 boards..and a few steals.
Kentucky 77-60.
As others have said, Downey is really an amazing player but I think he struggles in Rupp with so much pressure for USC to show up or be blown up. I say he gets his 20 but in turn hurts his team by shooting 40 shots or something. UK has got through the hardest part of the schedule and now it is time for a nice relaxing beatdown.
The guy is averaging as many turnovers as assists per game and shooting 40 percent from the field, so there is not much he can do in a single game to convince me that he is an elite point guard.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Downey is one of the best PG's in the SEC, but not the nation. For me to say he is one of the best in the nation (I believe he has the potential), he would have to get his teammates involved and make them better while taking better shots and still scoring like he does.

If he can go for the rest of the SEC play including tourney and avg 5 assists (cause he doesnt have the team that the other PG's HAVE) and avg 22+ points a game, and shoot 45% or better??? I kinda agree here Downey has the potential but he cant avg the assists that WALL and Lucas does! So theVILLE if this happens i will say that but not until then
Cats are a 16 point favorite,I take that,Cats by 16.
uk by 6+ dawny never going to have a game like he did last time
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Downey is one of the best PG's in the SEC, but not the nation. For me to say he is one of the best in the nation (I believe he has the potential), he would have to get his teammates involved and make them better while taking better shots and still scoring like he does.

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Overrated Wrote:Keep the game close, Have about 6-8 assist..Drop around 25 and shoot around 40% not 19%..Have 2 or 3 boards..and a few steals.

well he had 5 assists dropped 26 and shot 36% and had 4 rebopunds and 2 steals????