Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"PROGRAM" OF the Decade?
Who would you choose as the PROGRAM of the deacade?? (not the team as the other thread i started) The PROGRAM who has been consistently great this past decade
according to ESPN, here is their top 5 of the decade

1. North Carolina
2 national titles, 4 Final Fours, 5 Elite Eights, 5 ACC regular-season titles (3 outright)

2. Kansas
1 national title, 3 Final Fours, 282 wins (No. 2 nationally), 7 Big 12 regular-season titles (4 outright)

T3. Florida
2 national titles, 3 title-game appearances, 261 wins (No. 5 nationally)

T3. Michigan State
1 national title, 4 Final Fours, 5 Elite Eights, 3 Big Ten regular-season titles (1 outright)

5. Duke
1 national title, 2 Final Fours, 2 Elite Eights, 291 wins (No. 1 nationally), 7 ACC tourney titles
Unc.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Unc.

as much as I hate to say it. I agree
UNC without a doubt.

I'd probably take Florida over Kansas for 2nd.

UCLA may have an argument also to make a top 5 list, without looking at their results.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:UNC without a doubt.

I'd probably take Florida over Kansas for 2nd.

UCLA may have an argument also to make a top 5 list, without looking at their results.

Florida has won 2 titles and not been back to the tourney since??
Surprised that UConn is not on that list. I really think that UNC was far and away the best program, and followed close by Michigan St. After the back-to-back championships for Flordia, they have not even been close to an elite team, I take that into account. UNC really enjoyed that last decade, but now the 10's will be UK's with Cal at the helm!! Back to the top baby.
Unc
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Surprised that UConn is not on that list. I really think that UNC was far and away the best program, and followed close by Michigan St. After the back-to-back championships for Flordia, they have not even been close to an elite team, I take that into account. UNC really enjoyed that last decade, but now the 10's will be UK's with Cal at the helm!! Back to the top baby.

Think I read, that UCONN, just barley missed the top 5, that they would come in at 6th place..
here;s the link

[ame]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4783700[/ame]
UNC
Mich St
KU
UCLA
UCONN
I like the ESPN list.
Thanks!! I thought that Uconn would be up there. I really appreciate the link.
Aslan Wrote:UNC
Mich St
KU
UCLA
UCONN

You have to include Duke, they have the most wins of the decade and they play in the ACC which has seen such players as Hansbrough, Chris Paul, and others.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You have to include Duke, they have the most wins of the decade and they play in the ACC which has seen such players as Hansbrough, Chris Paul, and others.

Good points. The more I think about it I'd put them ahead of UCONN and Mich St.
It's hard to rank these teams. They've all been very successful.
Aslan Wrote:Good points. The more I think about it I'd put them ahead of UCONN and Mich St.
It's hard to rank these teams. They've all been very successful.

Very true.
Im not a UNC fan but i have to agree on them being the best program of the decade
I would probably say
UNC
KU
Mich St
Duke
Florida
Uconn
Unc