Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(19) Tennessee 74 - (2) Kentucky 65
Final

Ref's Were Horrible
Pathetic
Ref's were the absolute worst I have ever seen in a college basketball game! What bothers me though is that CBS will NEVER show a questionable call. All they will show is the good result for the other team.
Like I said in the updates, congrats UT, your refs helped you beat the #1 and 2 teams at home, too bad you will still exit the NCAA tournament in the 1st or second round.
I for one have never seen a game called this bad since i played for my elementary school. This game was ridiculous in the final minutes. The refs in no way was going to let kentucky catch any breaks. Weather it was miller getting hacked to death on the out of bounds play. Or walls offensive foul? It just wasnt going to happen. I for one see why TN beats teams at home.
I agree with the ref's making a difference in this game.
Strikeout King Wrote:Final

Ref's Were Horrible

Never defeated, always cheated!
We showed tremendous heart coming back. Road games are always tough, and the refs sure as **** didnt help. It is what it is.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I agree with the ref's making a difference in this game.

If the refs didnt make a difference in the UL@WV game noway did they here...:Thumbs:
theVILLE Wrote:[/COLOR]

Like Louisville...please don't start your crap in here. You plan on making it to the NIT this year or just staying home since you can't make the NCAA?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I for one have never seen a game called this bad since i played for my elementary school. This game was ridiculous in the final minutes. The refs in no way was going to let kentucky catch any breaks. Weather it was miller getting hacked to death on the out of bounds play. Or walls offensive foul? It just wasnt going to happen. I for one see why TN beats teams at home.

There was several no call fouls on Tenn. in the first half as well.

If you even watched this game and think the refs did not give UT most of the calls then you need to go see an optometrist.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I for one have never seen a game called this bad since i played for my elementary school. This game was ridiculous in the final minutes. The refs in no way was going to let kentucky catch any breaks. Weather it was miller getting hacked to death on the out of bounds play. Or walls offensive foul? It just wasnt going to happen. I for one see why TN beats teams at home.

I agree with miller getting hacked and at the start of the game some really bad no calls! But i agree with the Wall charge...He did...But no doubt had this been at rupp with some home cooking for the cats they would have pulled it out:biggrin:

I agreed with you on that game in every way i defended you. But if you can set here and act like this game was fair any any aspect than you my friend have no knowledge of basketball and are as biased any other person.
fanatic11 Wrote:If you even watched this game and think the refs did not give UT most of the calls then you need to go see an optometrist.

I agree it was some bad calls...Just giving you a hard time...But you guys have dis agreed with me about teh UL@WV game! That was alot worse
Sad to see the Cats lose.........actually I LOVE IT.
theVILLE Wrote:I agree with miller getting hacked and at the start of the game some really bad no calls! But i agree with the Wall charge...He did...But no doubt had this been at rupp with some home cooking for the cats they would have pulled it out:biggrin:

No thats a horrible call. He was jumping forward at wall its ridiculous. So many games this year in football and basketball had the refs altered games.
The refs didn't lose the game for Kentucky. The awful shooting and defense did.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I agreed with you on that game in every way i defended you. But if you can set here and act like this game was fair any any aspect than you my friend have no knowledge of basketball and are as biased any other person.

I kno i appreciate that...I was just giving you all a hard time...They was alot of bad calls called on UK and some no calls that wasnt called...I do think that in the middle of the game like from Halftime to the 8 minute mark it was a decent called game...Miller got hacked to death, Cuz got killed inside, Wall did mange to get alot of his calls....At the end the chrge on wall, thats one that could go either way nad most def will go to the home team!
theVILLE Wrote:I kno i appreciate that...I was just giving you all a hard time...They was alot of bad calls called on UK and some no calls that wasnt called...I do think that in the middle of the game like from Halftime to the 8 minute mark it was a decent called game...Miller got hacked to death, Cuz got killed inside, Wall did mange to get alot of his calls....At the end the chrge on wall, thats one that could go either way nad most def will go to the home team!

Which was very surprising.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:No thats a horrible call. He was jumping forward at wall its ridiculous. So many games this year in football and basketball had the refs altered games.

Could have went either way i think...if i were ref i would called a block, but it will always go to the home team..Uk has got some calls on the road this season in there favor but not today!
triplemaniaman Wrote:Sad to see the Cats lose.........actually I LOVE IT.

lol that made your day too!:Clap:
So wonder how I knew what the topic was going to be after this cornfield called game would be with everyone who posts honestly.
The refs were horrible but so was Kentucky's first half defense. Calipari did not have them ready to play today and they deserved to lose.
I agree I thought some calls/non calls were very bad. But give UT credit they played with more heart, determination and swagger in this one than our cats. UT came to fight from the opening tap till the final buzzer. We only showed up to play the last 6 minutes of this game. We got beat to the basket most of the game. UT had a great game plan and more importantly they executed today. Our shooting was horrible, we had some bad shot attempts at crucial points in the game and we did not get the ball to the block enough. I know Walls needs breaks but why at the 5 minute mark when UK was starting a run and Wall seemed to be taking over the game with only a 4 point lead for UT. I thought that slowed his momentum down. Also give UT and Pearl credit for all the pregame activities starting last night to get their fan base fired up and ready.

One thing I really like int his game was UK's fight when they went down 19 and UT fans were very loud. Way to fight back to make a game of it and not give up.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Like Louisville...please don't start your crap in here. You plan on making it to the NIT this year or just staying home since you can't make the NCAA?

OK whatever man! I said uk got some bad calls today! maybe you didnt see that...Thats what i was told after the UL@WV game when UL got cheated badly...However UK has got there fair share of call in there favor this season AT RUPP and on the road...Well there sure didnt today though..When the game was called fairly from the halftime to the 8 minute mark UK killed UT
Tenn. seemed to know that they were going to get by with hacking everyone & they played accordingly.
Glad to see the good ole kentucky boy in Hopson play great and show why is a greeat player!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The refs were horrible but so was Kentucky's first half defense. Calipari did not have them ready to play today and they deserved to lose.

I agree. I put this one on Calipari and UK's horrible (and I mean pitiful) shooting in the first half before I put it on the refs.

John Wall created this come back with two and-one baskets and some transition game to tie it up at 65. In the end, UK just didn't have enough gas in the tank to finish it out. It all starts with the defense in the first half, especially early when we were in a 18-4 hole with nine minutes into the game.

Poor coaching preparation but was followed up by a good halftime adjustment. The thing is, that big of an adjustment wouldn't have had to have been made if the defense was better prepared.

Not to worry though UK fans, we're 27-2 (12-2 in the SEC). This is by no means a "bad" loss.