Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALL 16th Region Team
With the season coming to an end last week, who is your 2010 all 16th region team?
G- Chelsea Dietrich- Ashland
G - Kaylyn Emmons- Fleming County
G- Natasha Kissinger- Rowan County
F- Jessica Marshall- East Carter
F- Adriana Neely-Rowan County

POY- Kristin Perry- West Carter
The Iceboxx Wrote:G- Chelsea Dietrich- Ashland
G - Kaylyn Emmons- Fleming County
G- Natasha Kissinger- Rowan County
F- Jessica Marshall- East Carter
F- Adriana Neely-Rowan County

POY- Kristin Perry- West Carter

I can't see Neely from Rowan making it over Katelyn Conner from Ashland.
The reason that I posted that is because I've honestly only seen Conner play once this season, and it was against Rowan co. She really didn't play well at all, and got in bad foul trouble and couldn't have finished with no more than 6-8 points. In the same game Neely went for a double-double, and Rowan won the game. This is soley what I'm going off of though.

I guess we will find out wed. Though as they will square off as MSU
You can't judge a players ability on one game. Take a look at her stats. Connor averages 16ppg and 11rpg. Granted she stuggled in that game and fouled out early in the fourth quarter. How many points and rebounds did Neely get while Connor was out of the game???? Connor should be POY imo. Perry is a junior and if she continues to improve could easily be POY next season. Good luck to all teams in the 16th. Whoever wins I hope they represent us well in Bowling Green. GO KITTENS!!!!!!!!!!
I believe the most well rounded players for boys and girls in the 16th are both juniors (knipp and Perry) but after last night I can't see her getting POY honors either. Someone from Rowan or Ashland will probably be POY depending who wins the game tomorrow night.
Skip Pass Wrote:I can't see Neely from Rowan making it over Katelyn Conner from Ashland.
She is no way ahead of Kayla Parsley from Russell either!!!
I was at the game last night, Neely had 19 points, 13 steals and 8 rebounds. Rowan also beat Russell by a combined score of nearly 75+ points in there three matchups.

Parsely is a good player but she isn't as good as Neely, Conner , Perry or Marshall from east. Saying she is the fifth best post player in the region would be accurate IMO
[quote=The Iceboxx]I was at the game last night, Neely had 19 points, 13 steals and 8 rebounds. Rowan also beat Russell by a combined score of nearly 75+ points in there three matchups.

Parsely is a good player but she isn't as good as Neely, Conner , Perry or Marshall from east. Saying she is the fifth best post player in the region would be accurate IMO[/QUOTE

Her stats are for the year better than Neely and Perry!
The Iceboxx Wrote:I was at the game last night, Neely had 19 points, 13 steals and 8 rebounds. Rowan also beat Russell by a combined score of nearly 75+ points in there three matchups.

Parsely is a good player but she isn't as good as Neely, Conner , Perry or Marshall from east. Saying she is the fifth best post player in the region would be accurate IMO

Parsley 24 pts 15 rebs 2 blocks guess you didnt see that last night.
POY will probably be decided by the region championship game. Since WC won't be there I doubt it will go to Perry. It will depend alot on who wins the Ashland/Rowan game. If Ashland makes it to the finals is will probably go to Connors. If Rowan makes it to the finals it could go to Kissinger.
3-ball Wrote:[quote=The Iceboxx]I was at the game last night, Neely had 19 points, 13 steals and 8 rebounds. Rowan also beat Russell by a combined score of nearly 75+ points in there three matchups.

Parsely is a good player but she isn't as good as Neely, Conner , Perry or Marshall from east. Saying she is the fifth best post player in the region would be accurate IMO[/QUOTE

Her stats are for the year better than Neely and Perry!

Part of that is because she plays on a bad team. She scored 8 of her points last night after the jv team was put in to prevent further mugging.

And the ashland paper had Neely for 10 rebounds.
FWIW, I'd probably take Ferguson from Elliott at the point.
kissinger or conner
I guess for the debating from myself and others on who I thought were the best 5 in the region is kinna a draw.

For People saying Conner is the best post player around. She was in foul trouble again and seriously didnt much again vs Rowan Co. I belive she has 2 points and probably 5-7 rebounds

As I stated That Neely is better, Well she really played rough on offense and couldnt get anything to fall. I think she finished with 3 points and 15 rebounds.

IMO Neely outperformed Parsley on Monday, and Conner tonight. Rowan co. finished the season a combined 5-0 against Russell and Ashland as well.
The Iceboxx Wrote:I guess for the debating from myself and others on who I thought were the best 5 in the region is kinna a draw.

For People saying Conner is the best post player around. She was in foul trouble again and seriously didnt much again vs Rowan Co. I belive she has 2 points and probably 5-7 rebounds

As I stated That Neely is better, Well she really played rough on offense and couldnt get anything to fall. I think she finished with 3 points and 15 rebounds.

IMO Neely outperformed Parsley on Monday, and Conner tonight. Rowan co. finished the season a combined 5-0 against Russell and Ashland as well.
No question Rowan is the better team by far. Just stating that individual stats Parsley's are way better. How do you get she out played Parsley on Monday. Parsley's stats were better than Neely's. Maybe I'm just a prejudiced GP but the stats speak for themselves.
Great thing about this forum is we can all state our opinions and they dont really mean anything anyway! Just opinions and everyone has one, right or wrong except HD28 who is always wrong (Just Kidding):lmao:
Granted Connor had a rough game against Rowan, but when a team rides you like a day at Keenland and you get no calls thats what happens. Neely is an ok player, she had 3 points and 15 rebounds, but Connor only played 18 minutes how many points/rebounds did she have while Connor was on the bench? Just asking??????
She never had any points while she was out according to the paper she was 0-11 from the field and 1-4 from the line.
kittennation Wrote:Granted Connor had a rough game against Rowan, but when a team rides you like a day at Keenland and you get no calls thats what happens. Neely is an ok player, she had 3 points and 15 rebounds, but Connor only played 18 minutes how many points/rebounds did she have while Connor was on the bench? Just asking??????

Here we go with that "mean old referees" theory. She has a tough time against athletic posts. Her footspeed isn't good enough. And, she tries to block every shot. From where I sat, she committed about 9 fouls and got called for 5. Connor has had 1 game against Rowan in 3 years, and it was last year at Ashland's "historic Alumni Gym", which ought to be condemned BTW.
3-ball Wrote:Great thing about this forum is we can all state our opinions and they dont really mean anything anyway! Just opinions and everyone has one, right or wrong except HD28 who is always wrong (Just Kidding):lmao:

LOL! Not the first time I've heard that 3-ball! Like Bob Knight says, "Often wrong, but never in doubt"!!
I have no idea how many points she had in either matchup this season while Conner has been in the game. Really she didnt play a combined whole game if you combine her min. from last night and the regular season game. She fouled out both games against Rowan, and wasn't a factor at all against them either time.

The reason once again I said IMO that Neely is better than Conner, is that Ive seen Conner play twice this season, both times which were against Rowan.

The first game-
-Conner scores probably 5 points gets 5-7 rebounds, Constant Foul trouble.
-Neely gets a double double, but does get shot blocked a couple of times.
-Rowan Co wins.

The Regional Semi-Final
Conner scores 2 points and gets probably 4 rebounds, again constant foul trouble.
Neely can't hit the side of a barn. Hauls in 15 rebounds.
Rowan Co wins by 10
The Iceboxx Wrote:I have no idea how many points she had in either matchup this season while Conner has been in the game. Really she didnt play a combined whole game if you combine her min. from last night and the regular season game. She fouled out both games against Rowan, and wasn't a factor at all against them either time.

The reason once again I said IMO that Neely is better than Conner, is that Ive seen Conner play twice this season, both times which were against Rowan.

The first game-
-Conner scores probably 5 points gets 5-7 rebounds, Constant Foul trouble.
-Neely gets a double double, but does get shot blocked a couple of times.
-Rowan Co wins.

The Regional Semi-Final
Conner scores 2 points and gets probably 4 rebounds, again constant foul trouble.
Neely can't hit the side of a barn. Hauls in 15 rebounds.
Rowan Co wins by 10

You have your opinion and I have mine. Ashland lost and whats done is done. Bottom line is that both are great kids with bright futures. I hope Neely gets the oppurtunity to continue playing at the next level, because she has just began to show her potential.
Those are the reasons I would take Parsley over the others. She has been good for a double double more often than not. Some complain of muggings when they are the regions # 1 muggers, some speak about how good their team is , or about how really bad another team is. Well the fact is your team may end up being the best team in this traveling show of the 16th. But then you have to go to the real Big Top ! I don't guess I need to remind you , that has not gone well in the past, or even this year. Montgomery County, Tates Creek , and a few others outside the 16th have proven that. But, you are still the Biggest Midget in this Circus !
Teeumup Wrote:Those are the reasons I would take Parsley over the others. She has been good for a double double more often than not. Some complain of muggings when they are the regions # 1 muggers, some speak about how good their team is , or about how really bad another team is. Well the fact is your team may end up being the best team in this traveling show of the 16th. But then you have to go to the real Big Top ! I don't guess I need to remind you , that has not gone well in the past, or even this year. Montgomery County, Tates Creek , and a few others outside the 16th have proven that. But, you are still the Biggest Midget in this Circus !

The fact is some have the courage to get out and test themselves against the best, the others will settle for mediocrity.
HD28 Wrote:The fact is some have the courage to get out and test themselves against the best, the others will settle for mediocrity.

Thats exactly what I was thinking !! And how did that go for you ?
Teeumup Wrote:Thats exactly what I was thinking !! And how did that go for you ?

I think the better question is, "How's that going for your team"?
The team that matters now is waiting for you ! When they win ,( and I'll use a quote from a earlier post ), you may be named as a "bad team" !
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:theman:
At the end of the season the top 4 players this year have been Kissinger, Marshall, Connor and Perry. The fifth is a pick 'em: Emmons, Ferguson, Day, Dietrich, Burge, Parsley, etc.