Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Co. Central 60 Sheldon Clark 54 (15th Region Tourn.)
Just wondering if anyone has a score? I heard there was an upset but I haven't heard any details.
Pike Central won by 7 can remember the score...Fields simply outcoached Rice...Thompson ended with 11 I think (9 in the first half), Harris 29 (21 in the second half I think)...Booth 31 (20 in the second i think)...I dont think SC had any other girl in double figures
60-54
Can we get some stats?

Points/
Foul shots....etc....

Heard Pike shot more free throws int he 4th quarter than both teams combined the rest of the game.
Yes, Carla Booth played the whole game, and, yes, Pike Central was still able to win.
I wanna see stats !
Thanks for the info. Congrats to Holly and Hannah and the rest of the Lady Hawks!!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Can we get some stats?

Points/
Foul shots....etc....

Heard Pike shot more free throws int he 4th quarter than both teams combined the rest of the game.

Alright I want to stop this whole foul shot debate really quick before this all begins...Yes Pike Central shot more they were 23 of 29...However, Sheldon Clark began fouling in the front court very early in the second half...Fouls were even mid ways through the 4th...both teams ended the game in the double bonus...
on another note Sheldon Clark were at the line SEVERAL times for 2 shots after being fouled on the shot and missed the front end (Booth missing at least 4)
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Alright I want to stop this whole foul shot debate really quick before this all begins...Yes Pike Central shot more they were 23 of 29...However, Sheldon Clark began fouling in the front court very early in the second half...Fouls were even mid ways through the 4th...both teams ended the game in the double bonus...

Just wanna see them. Who said it was going to be a debate. Wanted to see if sheldon clark missing free throws caused them problems.
They shout 69% as a team and that causes problems.

but since u think its going to be an issue maybe there was...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:on another note Sheldon Clark were at the line SEVERAL times for 2 shots after being fouled on the shot and missed the front end (Booth missing at least 4)

The one girl from pike shot 16 free throws in a row? Harris Maybe?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Just wanna see them. Who said it was going to be a debate. Wanted to see if sheldon clark missing free throws caused them problems.

but since u think its going to be an issue maybe there was...

I've been around this site ALOT longer than you WC23 and this junk always comes up honestly Pike Central simply won because they were the better team TONIGHT...Not to say they are the better team overall because those Lady Cards have ALOT of talent. However, it showed tonight if you can take Newsome and Harless out of the equation Booth cant do it all on her own...Take away her role players and you win the game if you can make your shots, slow the game down, and use your guards to get in the lane
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The one girl from pike shot 16 free throws in a row? Harris Maybe?

ok fair enough to bad 90 percent of the 4th she kept possesion at the top of the key with two girls on here going for steals rather than the trap...Watch the game its on right now in the 3rd
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:ok fair enough to bad 90 percent of the 4th she kept possesion at the top of the key with two girls on here going for steals rather than the trap...Watch the game its on right now in the 3rd

Man im not saying anyone cheated or was hosed. I just want to see how the players did. Being a booth fan i wanted to see her stats. Foul shots is something i else i wanted to see. Hearing the guys on the radio talking about antsy fouls got me interested.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Man im not saying anyone cheated or was hosed. I just want to see how the players did. Being a booth fan i wanted to see her stats. Foul shots is something i else i wanted to see. Hearing the guys on the radio talking about antsy fouls got me interested.

well im getting you the info right now as far as the 4th quarter went just an FYI with 4:18 Pike Central had 8 fouls SC had 6...With about 2:30 to go in the 4th down 5 Sheldon Clark has begun to jump Harris and Thompson
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:well im getting you the info right now as far as the 4th quarter went just an FYI with 4:18 Pike Central had 8 fouls SC had 6...With about 2:30 to go in the 4th down 5 Sheldon Clark has begun to jump Harris and Thompson

Looked like a trap to me. SC looks like they are sleep walking. I think they got beat on the boards on nearly every trip in the 3rd. What were the shooting percentages for both teams? SC missed several wide open shots so far on the replay. Hard to win if you miss and don't rebound. PCC can flat shoot the free ones!
15thregionslamabamma Wrote:i've been around this site alot longer than you wc23 and this junk always comes up honestly pike central simply won because they were the better team tonight...not to say they are the better team overall because those lady cards have alot of talent. However, it showed tonight if you can take newsome and harless out of the equation booth cant do it all on her own...take away her role players and you win the game if you can make your shots, slow the game down, and use your guards to get in the lane

sc was just out played tonight good win for pike central
Pike Central just wanted to win this one more , great game
after the 2:30 mark Pike Central went 10-14 from the free throw line and had one turnover with 40 sec left and up by 5

in that time SC went 4-11 from the field
1-5 from behind the arch
and 5-8 from the freethrow line
Nice win pc
Missed there total freethrows couldnt catch it but Booth had 31
next player had 9 after that it was 6 here and 3 there
SC had 8 turnovers in the game

Harris 28 14-7 FT
Thompson 12 points
Clark 7 pts 2 3s
Murphy 8 pts 8 rebs
Coleman 5
9 turnovers
got out rebounded 25-21
doublebubble Wrote:Looked like a trap to me. SC looks like they are sleep walking. I think they got beat on the boards on nearly every trip in the 3rd. What were the shooting percentages for both teams? SC missed several wide open shots so far on the replay. Hard to win if you miss and don't rebound. PCC can flat shoot the free ones!

I meant to put jump trap
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:after the 2:30 mark Pike Central went 10-14 from the free throw line and had one turnover with 40 sec left and up by 5

in that time SC went 4-11 from the field
1-5 from behind the arch
and 5-8 from the freethrow line

You gotta put it in the hole. SC didn't - PC did. SC was up two to start the fourth. They were put in a position to win but PC made the shots and got rebounds at critical times. The whole game reminded me of tubbyball - eghh!
Anyway congrads to the cards on a good season. 20-6 and 1st distrct championship in 10 years (didn't realize it had been that long)
Pike Central just plain outplayed SC tonite, Sc was down and made the decision to foul and not a bad one IF PC misses but they didn't. Hannah Thompson had huge game big rebounds in the forth and ball control, along with Harris. Great wins for PC and SV tonite.
The gameplan by Fields tonight was great. In a pregame interview, he said they had a great gameplan, but they just had to execute it. Harris did not shoot 16 free throws in a row. Someone needs to get their stats straight. Tempo was huge. PC controlled it for the most part. They took the break and pushed when it was there, and if it wasn't they set up in the half court and ran offense, making SC play a lot of D, and took their opportunities when they arose. Hannah Thompson was a beast on the boards and Holly Harris will go down as one of the best, but really undrappreciated, guards to play in this region in a long time. Booth was magnificent and kept her team in it, but she really got no help the second half.
Great game plan by Coach. Came out with a chaser on Newsome from the tip of the ball to the last horn. Newsome hit 6 three pointers on us last game so coach respected her game and limited her shots. Newsome went 4 for 4 but didn't get any more open looks. Forced Booth to put up a lot of shots and everybody stood and watched. Great job Lady Hawks, and Great game plan Coach Fields. Bring home the Championship Holly. We love our Lady Hawks..
Not sure what the perctntages were but Booth was 10 for 27 form the field.
Big props to PC. I was told by a few people that their team had progressed more than any other team in the area and it was evident. No secret that the big lights and hype were to much for the younger(and older) SC players. Carla Booth proved that she is in a league of her own. Just wish the way she played tonight would have been allowed all season. She is simply unguardable for anyone around here but 1 player cant do it all.
I was very impressed by the PC guards as I thought they would miss from the stripe late but they didnt...That was really impressive for a group of girls. The no foul call in the 3rd when Booth was tackled from behind basically was crazy. Other than that I thought the officials done an excellent job in this game.
You cannot discount the experience that Harris and Thompson bring having been around a lot of great players and on some very good teams. They never did get rattled against some tremendous pressure that SC put on them late. The real difference in this game, IMO, was the ineffectiveness of anyone for SC offensively, other than Booth, in the second half. A lot of that had to do with great overall team D by PC.
Congrats PC