Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region All "A" Classic
Monday April 12th

Jackson City vs. Leslie County Time - TBA

Cordia vs. Buckhorn 5:30 pm

Wolfe County vs. Lee County 6:00 pm

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../spec_5668
I don't think this is the complete All "A" schedule is it? Isn't Hazard in it?
fanatic11 Wrote:I don't think this is the complete All "A" schedule is it? Isn't Hazard in it?

that's what is on the KHSAA, Hazard don't have there baseball schedule up on the school's website.

ill look from the teams that participated in it last year and see if there in it this year and make the changes if need be
April 13th

Jenkins vs. Riverside/Owsley County (@ Cordia) 6:00 pm
Who will win the all a?
I'd go with Hazard to win it again. They have won it over the past few seasons and even went on to the Final 8 at Applebees a couple of seasons ago. The 14th All A has almost been owned by Hazard since they began having it. Lee Co. won it one season.
Hazard wins it!!!!
Hazard
I say Hazard wins it. I just don't see anybody else in the 14th All A competing with them.
why isn't Estill ever in this??? are we to big of a school or something???
Strikeout King Wrote:why isn't Estill ever in this??? are we to big of a school or something???

Yea thats what it is. All A is for the single A schools only.
fanatic11 Wrote:Yea thats what it is. All A is for the single A schools only.

what is the Single A and what does it stand for or anything???
Strikeout King Wrote:what is the Single A and what does it stand for or anything???

It is a rank given to schools to classify them based on the number of students such as A, AA, and AAA. Some sports use them in tournament time like football, but others don't, like baseball and basketball. The All A is a tournament for the smaller schools that are classified as 1A. I hope this explains it better.
fanatic11 Wrote:It is a rank given to schools to classify them based on the number of students such as A, AA, and AAA. Some sports use them in tournament time like football, but others don't, like baseball and basketball. The All A is a tournament for the smaller schools that are classified as 1A. I hope this explains it better.

All A classes are completely different than the classes for sports that are recognized by the KHSAA. They use numbers of students, but different criteria than KHSAA. All A has no connections with KHSAA. Maybe someone else can provide the exact enrollment allowed to be a member of All A.
For all A class you don't have to count freshman in your enrollment. For example if you have 600 students (not an All A class) and 150 freshman you would be counted as having an enrollment of 450 students.
This is a general question. Maybe should have made a new thread. On another board somebody said baseball has new system this year with Sweet Sixteen and smaller schools competing against larger schools. I thought they already competed against larger schools. I remember Hazard playing Tates Creek in Final Four. I know there is an All A tournament during season but I thought you competed to go to region,sectional and state and at sectional it is best of 3 series so with new format is it just no sectional and 16 teams play single elimination or a series.
This years all A will be an exciting one to watch, all these teams are pretty evenly matched, This will be great baseball.
They have been before but maybe Hazard isn't in All A. They lists game on April 10,also on 12th and 2 on 17th with no mention of All A. I guess they decided not to be in it.