Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kentucky
92.50%
Cornell
7.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(1) Kentucky vs. (12) Cornell - Sweet 16- Thursday 9:57 PM
Predictions/Thoughts?
UK by 15
what day will this be on
^Thursday.
Cornell was VERY impressive against Wisconsin. However, I still take the Big Blue to beat the Big Red Big Grin
Cornell has been playing some impressive ball, but so has UK... i really see this being a good game, but i think UK pulls it out.
Cornell has definetly been playing good ball and they've proven to be the dark horse in this years tournament....but i think if coach cal and the cats can keep the plane landed and not get cocky..they should beat cornell and win
both teams are playing their best ball right now. if they keep it up, it should be a great game thursday. if kentucky plays like they are though i dont think there is a team left that can beat them.
IMO ... Cornell is a bad matchup for us. The can shoot the ball as good as any team in the country, they are an outstanding rebounding team, and they play smart(something that we do not do all the time). If UK sticks together and have contributions from players such as Darius and Liggins, we will come out victorius.

CATS by 9
This will be a great game!!!! Cornell is a very good shooting team and also a rebounding team. The Cats will def. have to bring their A+ game...because Cornell will be ready and fired up.

This is a hard game to choose because I always have to go for the underdog...because I love UPSETS baby!!!!!

But...I am gonna have to go with my gut instinct on this one..........

Cats by 5.
On my bracket that i entered for money! I picked Cornell so I am going to stay by that! I knew everyone would have UK winning it so had to go with a cinderella! Cornell by 5! I dont know if UK can play another great game!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
My god you people are ridiculous...

Cornell beats two mediocre teams and you all are acting like they will come within 10 points of the best team in the country playing the best ball in the country. Come on now, I know anything can happen, but it's not going to. You can just see it in UK's body language, they know they're the best, they know they can win every game, and they know they're going to if they focus and play good basketball.

UK has persevered and overcome ALOT of obstacle's this season, Miami, Stanford, UNC, UCONN, Auburn, Vandy, and Miss St. twice...and we have nothing to lose. This team was in the **** NIT last year, it's not like it's they were on the edge of a championship last year and barely lost. They have lost twice, do you really think there is any way in **** John Wall & Co. are going to let Cornell, or any team for that matter, take all that away from them?

Not a chance.
I consider Wisconsin a great team
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Kentucky smashes the glass slipper Thursday. So long, Cornell. It was fun rooting for you until now. Cornell will play a solid first half, and UK pulls away and wins 84-67..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Kentucky smashes the glass slipper Thursday. So long, Cornell. It was fun rooting for you until now. Cornell will play a solid first half, and UK pulls away and wins 84-67..

You are so right. You people are scared to death. Reading all these post i felt like we was the underdog. We are the best team in the country and beating teams by 30 in the tournament. We are playing great. And cornell has not seen a man to man defense like Kentucky's.
I edited the title to include the date and start time, as stated by espn.com
The Cats by 10+
vundy33 Wrote:My god you people are ridiculous...

Cornell beats two mediocre teams and you all are acting like they will come within 10 points of the best team in the country playing the best ball in the country. Come on now, I know anything can happen, but it's not going to. You can just see it in UK's body language, they know they're the best, they know they can win every game, and they know they're going to if they focus and play good basketball.

UK has persevered and overcome ALOT of obstacle's this season, Miami, Stanford, UNC, UCONN, Auburn, Vandy, and Miss St. twice...and we have nothing to lose. This team was in the **** NIT last year, it's not like it's they were on the edge of a championship last year and barely lost. They have lost twice, do you really think there is any way in **** John Wall & Co. are going to let Cornell, or any team for that matter, take all that away from them?

Not a chance.
Neither Wisconsin nor Temple are mediocre teams and both teams are very good defensively. I hope you are right and UK will roll over Cornell but if the Cats take Cornell lightly, then they may go home disappointed. Cornell did not just beat Wisconsin and Temple, they dominated them and shot lights out both games (58.8% combined).

UK is a young team and they cannot afford to take a very good team lightly.
theVILLE Wrote:On my bracket that i entered for money! I picked Cornell so I am going to stay by that! I knew everyone would have UK winning it so had to go with a cinderella! Cornell by 5! I dont know if UK can play another great game!

!
We should roll in this one but if we play to their level it will be close. The last 2 games we played to our level if we keep playin to OUR level we rollf through the tourney with no one to stop us. with that in mind im sayin. we win by 20 if we show up to play or 5 if we arent ready.
:eyeroll:
Reanimate Wrote:!

lol i do get carried a way with the ! dont I!
BUt back to the subject...Cornell is one of they best i have saw all year at shooting! UK's Biggest struggle has been defending the "3"...However the other weakness that they have had was shooting the "3" and they are doing good now! So far in the tourney they havent faced a great 3 point shooting team or atleast the caliber cornell is...The cats may win this game but it will be close...I say cornell in nail bighter though
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:We should roll in this one but if we play to their level it will be close. The last 2 games we played to our level if we keep playin to OUR level we rollf through the tourney with no one to stop us. with that in mind im sayin. we win by 20 if we show up to play or 5 if we arent ready.

So showing up or not showing up UK wins this one???:eyeroll:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote::eyeroll:

lol i do get carried a way with the ! dont I!
BUt back to the subject...Cornell is one of they best i have saw all year at shooting! UK's Biggest struggle has been defending the "3"...However the other weakness that they have had was shooting the "3" and they are doing good now! So far in the tourney they havent faced a great 3 point shooting team or atleast the caliber cornell is...The cats may win this game but it will be close...I say cornell in nail bighter though

We had trouble defending the 3 early in the season. As of late. And late is what matters now. Ask Kansas. We are playing great defense and will have no problem with cornell.
cats by 12
Wildcatk23 Wrote:We had trouble defending the 3 early in the season. As of late. And late is what matters now. Ask Kansas. We are playing great defense and will have no problem with cornell.

SAme goes for UK...they beat a 16 seed ETSU and a 9 seed wake forest and suddenly there the best! At this point in the season they shoul be playing great, and are playing great, in fact i have to say the last two they have played better than anyone i have seen all season! But who hae they played???Cornell is a very dangerous team and very well could upset UK, and if you dont think that you need to watch them play!:yikes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Cornell by 15+...oh, my bad, I thought we were comparing ACT score averages!

If UK can get out and run, they win. If they get into a half court game, I think there will be an upset.
uk by 10
theVILLE Wrote:SAme goes for UK...they beat a 16 seed ETSU and a 9 seed wake forest and suddenly there the best! At this point in the season they shoul be playing great, and are playing great, in fact i have to say the last two they have played better than anyone i have seen all season! But who hae they played???Cornell is a very dangerous team and very well could upset UK, and if you dont think that you need to watch them play!:yikes:

Up until now this cornell team had only played syracuse, and seton hall. and lost to both of those team. You really think there going to beat kentucky? after beating TEMPLE and WISCONSIN?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Up until now this cornell team had only played syracuse, and seton hall. and lost to both of those team. You really think there going to beat kentucky? after beating TEMPLE and WISCONSIN?

Could happen! With there strength and UK's Weakness it could spell upset for UK
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
I mean i know that yale is a powerhouse but come on.
Ladies and Gentlemen, just for the record...Wisconsin was a GOOD team. They had many big wins. Temple, maybe not so much but Wisconsin was GOOD.