Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kentucky
92.50%
Cornell
7.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(1) Kentucky vs. (12) Cornell - Sweet 16- Thursday 9:57 PM
EKUAlum05 Wrote:UT's victories over Kentucky and Kansas trump anything Wisconsin has done so far. Tennessee may very well go to the Final 4.
yes they posible could, now with even better chance since Kansas is @ the house, i would take Tn over the Badgers anyday..
I guess we're going to be playing in basically a road game, of the 22'000 tickets sold, only 2'000 were sold to UK
UK better be ready to play D we know our 1 and 2 will but we need miller or who ever else is on the floor hopefully liggins to shut them down. i would say the biggest thing UK needed to work on for this team is when to and when not to switch on screens which they have been really good at as of lately. offensively we'll do what we do go big! and if we're hitting from behind the arc UK wins 20+ again
This cornell team can lite it up from anywhere on the court! UK will struggle for a while in the game, they could pull one of there game winners again but i just done see it happening! I like cornell in this game
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
I just do not see the glamor with the media picking up on the Cornell, Big Red. I do not think that they can hang within 10 points of us. Our bigs are too athletic for them and should wear them down after 10-15 minutes. I do expect a close game in the first half but for UK to blow the hinges off the door in the second. I am going to say UK but 20,
UK 85
Cornell 65

Bledsoe-14
Wall-18
Cousins-14
Patterson-13
Miller-9

Bench-17

Should be a good game.
I say Cats by 15,92-77.
GO BIG BLUE
theVILLE Wrote:This cornell team can lite it up from anywhere on the court! UK will struggle for a while in the game, they could pull one of there game winners again but i just done see it happening! I like cornell in this game

I respect your opionion, but how many times are you going to keep repeating the same thing on this thread? I think Cornell is a very good and dangerous team, but if UK plays like they did the first 2 games, the win fairly easily.
I dont think this will be the game the media is hyping it up to be.. I believe UK rolls on to the elite 8 with a 20 or more point win.
theVILLE Wrote:UK has more talent than anyone in the land...i have never denied that! Its there consistency! They sometimes remind of the motto i use for louisville, "there like a box of chocoaltes, u never know what your going to get" However that is much more true with louisville and uk nearly always finds a way to win! I think they will struggle this game..I disagree with you on the tennessee and wisconsin part, wisconsin is a heck of a team and could beat anyone! They have great shooters and play great D and rebound! I have not been impressed with UT all season..

u should be impressed with ut they put it to kansas and they were short handed at the time
theVILLE Wrote::eyeroll:

lol i do get carried a way with the ! dont I!
BUt back to the subject...Cornell is one of they best i have saw all year at shooting! UK's Biggest struggle has been defending the "3"...However the other weakness that they have had was shooting the "3" and they are doing good now! So far in the tourney they havent faced a great 3 point shooting team or atleast the caliber cornell is...The cats may win this game but it will be close...I say cornell in nail bighter though

are you seriously kidding me? dude really, get over it. louisville sucks. dont hate on kentucky cuz your cards will watch this game from the good ol' couch. cornell wont even think of giving uk a close game. wall and co. by at least 20+.
Cornell can shoot, based on their stats, they can definitely shoot.

But it's one thing to shoot well when a 5'10 guard from Princeton is guarding you. It will be completely different to have a 6'4 John Wall guarding you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I cant wait untill gametime.

Cats - 102

Big Red- 81
ComfortEagle Wrote:Cornell can shoot, based on their stats, they can definitely shoot.

But it's one thing to shoot well when a 5'10 guard from Princeton is guarding you. It will be completely different to have a 6'4 John Wall guarding you.

They lit up one of the best defensive teams in the nation. They scored 31 more points than Wisconsin usually gives up.
It will be a herd of Cats dominating Cornell
I think UK struggles early in this game but pulling away in the 2nd half....

UK-92
Cornell-75
greenstuff22 Wrote:are you seriously kidding me? dude really, get over it. louisville sucks. dont hate on kentucky cuz your cards will watch this game from the good ol' couch. cornell wont even think of giving uk a close game. wall and co. by at least 20+.

you are exactly right, louisville will be watching this game from home....am i suppose to be ashamed of that??I promise cornell is planning on giving uk all they want...dont hate on me because i didnt worship uk or pick them to win everygame they play!:popcorn:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Who are some of you going to root for next after UK thumps Cornell?
Let me guess Duke or Tenn. if either survives to advance.
UK's the only team to hit the 100 points mark in a single game in the tournament.
charliez Wrote:Who are some of you going to root for next after UK thumps Cornell?
Let me guess Duke or Tenn. if either survives to advance.
UK's the only team to hit the 100 points mark in a single game in the tournament.

Against ETSU:Clap:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
uk by 10 if wall comes to play
If Cornell plays 4 guards and a center; the center defends Cuz and I predict Patterson has a big night and makes this game fairly easy win.
You know what's funny? There is already a ****load of UK fans there.