Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name what you think gives a kid playing time over you.
"Grammaton Cleric Preston" Wrote:I tell you what I have seen. A large group of Never was's and What if's. Most of what i have read here is a lot of sour grapes by people who didn't have the heart, soul, or desire to go that extra step to work hard, they had rather play in deserted gyms and parking lots saying if I had kissed butt I would have been a "star" when in fact most are just black holes that suck up the light on ballteams.
Some play some practice and all get to cry to their friends about how they are treated.
Coach's make changes when they need to when they become impressed with the effort made in practice begins to pay off during the game , unfortuantly most dont see it or appreciate it becasue they either QUIT or are finally told to quit wasting everyones time.

Do I agree with all the moves coachs make no but when I played I went to practice kept my mouth shut and busted my ass to improve and make my "Team"' better and that should be everyone goal!!

I think this is one if the best post I have read on this site
MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!! Money is the root of all evil and is most of the time the basis for which players get to play more than others, that and a noticable last name. It happens at alot of schools, even the little schools. Talent should rule over money any day of the week. TALENT and HEART to play the game the way it should be played, win or lose.
It could all come down to how Mommy and Daddy voted at many places.Confusedhithappe
"LazerMan" Wrote:Have you seen them play this year???? Surely not. ITS HOW HE LETS THEM PLAY THE GAME..... DUH:boo:
I have seen them play this year more than once...Do I smell sour grapes???
What about when the coach tells you you have the heart, a great attitude, and you work hard. But the reason you got cut is becuase you are too short, aren't fast enough, and can't jump high enough, when you are 6'1, run a 40 in 4.7, and have a 36 inch vertical?

Then you see the 5'9, pudge running down the court sucking wind, leaving school and buying drugs.....
no b/c that is politics and if you r better than them you should be playin more than they r.....
"crazytaxidriver" Wrote:What about when the coach tells you you have the heart, a great attitude, and you work hard. But the reason you got cut is becuase you are too short, aren't fast enough, and can't jump high enough, when you are 6'1, run a 40 in 4.7, and have a 36 inch vertical?

Then you see the 5'9, pudge running down the court sucking wind, leaving school and buying drugs.....

which coach would do a kid that way? Hope it wasn't you or I would be ****ed if my coach wopuld have done me that way...:omg:
"Jiggsaw" Wrote:which coach would do a kid that way? Hope it wasn't you or I would be ****ed if my coach wopuld have done me that way...:omg:

I'll just say I was there when it did happen..
i think the best 5 should play no matter what
Some ppl are better coming off the bench
well i think a freshman at sf is alot better than one of our starting 5 but just b/c he is a freshman he hardly ever sees playing time in a varsity game...but when he is in he shows the coach what he has... he can hustle, guard, and shoot!!
"Grammaton Cleric Preston" Wrote:I tell you what I have seen. A large group of Never was's and What if's. Most of what i have read here is a lot of sour grapes by people who didn't have the heart, soul, or desire to go that extra step to work hard, they had rather play in deserted gyms and parking lots saying if I had kissed butt I would have been a "star" when in fact most are just black holes that suck up the light on ballteams.
Some play some practice and all get to cry to their friends about how they are treated.
Coach's make changes when they need to when they become impressed with the effort made in practice begins to pay off during the game , unfortuantly most dont see it or appreciate it becasue they either QUIT or are finally told to quit wasting everyones time.

Do I agree with all the moves coachs make no but when I played I went to practice kept my mouth shut and busted my ass to improve and make my "Team"' better and that should be everyone goal!!

BEST POST EVER!!!....I agree...if u want playing time...EARN IT
GTC seems to be very popular on this thread.
"hangontight" Wrote:well i think a freshman at sf is alot better than one of our starting 5 but just b/c he is a freshman he hardly ever sees playing time in a varsity game...but when he is in he shows the coach what he has... he can hustle, guard, and shoot!!

I will assume you mean the Adams boy since our other "great freshman" left for P-burg. What about other freshmans on the team. You now have one starting JV and yet he isnt even allowed to dress for Varsity, why is that? I dont think sf has boy wonders in their freshmen but they do have good players that know the game and enjoy it. Some get treated special for some reason, can show their temper, get upset, slam into the seats when taken out but yet this freshman that plays Varsity gets nothing said to him? Do the coachs play favorites? I also know the other freshman that has been starting JV doesnt get any praise. He may not make a lot of points but he can block, steal, make great passes and never get a nice word said to him about a game. I would love to see a freshman game and see how these boys play as a team, unfortunatly I have only seen the Varsity and JV play. I do know there are boys on Varsity that never get in the game but I guess some of that is who they know or their lack of ability on the court and if that is the case then why is the other freshman starting JV and not playing Varsity, he must have something so why shouldnt he be allowed to sit there and watch the Varsity with the others that dont get any playing time? The one freshman on the Varsity only sees playing time if the team is up in scoring and it is the 4th quarter. I just dont understand the rules these coaches go by in selecting their players. Could someone explain this to me? One of the parents at the last game for JV said that this "new" freshman that starts JV, mentioned that their son said this boy works hard in practice, can outrun most of the Varsity and yet he gets no pats on the back...why?? I will admit i have seen several players for SF act like they dont even care if their at the game. What has happened to team spirit and for selecting players that want to be there?
Sorry I posted a lot of questions but I have so many that need to be answered. It would be nice to have someone that knows what they are talking about from SF answer these question for me. Maybe even a coach?:help: