Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AT&T to Take a 1 BILLION Dollar hit for Healthcare Reform Charges
Yes that's right. $1,000,000,000.00 just to cover the additional charges that healthcare reform will cost them. I used to work for AT&T and I can tell you they have one of the best healthcare plans of any company not only in America, but the entire world. People just do not understand what this is going to do to our country's industrial base. It's no wonder that every company that possibly can is moving their facilities over seas, or into Mexico. What will it take to wake these blundering idiots in Washington up?

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62P48W20100326
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yes that's right. $1,000,000,000.00 just to cover the additional charges that healthcare reform will cost them. I used to work for AT&T and I can tell you they have one of the best healthcare plans of any company not only in America, but the entire world. People just do not understand what this is going to do to our country's industrial base. It's no wonder that every company that possibly can is moving their facilities over seas, or into Mexico. What will it take to wake these blundering idiots in Washington up?

Obama's policies have probably already destroyed more private wealth in this country than Chavez has destroyed in his 12 years as president. Like Obama, Chavez promised to punish corporations and spread the wealth during his campaigns. Now, Chavez is begging for the big oil companies to reinvest in Venezuela. Obama is still in the demonizing the rich phase.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yes that's right. $1,000,000,000.00 just to cover the additional charges that healthcare reform will cost them. I used to work for AT&T and I can tell you they have one of the best healthcare plans of any company not only in America, but the entire world. People just do not understand what this is going to do to our country's industrial base. It's no wonder that every company that possibly can is moving their facilities over seas, or into Mexico. What will it take to wake these blundering idiots in Washington up?

It's a non-cash charge reflecting a tax break the company will not get under HCR. AT&T and other large companies received a 28% tax-free subsidy several years ago, now they have to back it down. To imply that HCR will cost AT&T $1 billion is quite an overstatement. But, I suppose stating it correctly wouldn't justify GIANT RED NUMBERS.
BillyB Wrote:It's a non-cash charge reflecting a tax break the company will not get under HCR. AT&T and other large companies received a 28% tax-free subsidy several years ago, now they have to back it down. To imply that HCR will cost AT&T $1 billion is quite an overstatement. But, I suppose stating it correctly wouldn't justify GIANT RED NUMBERS.

I know exactly what it says and understand it completely BillyBoy. Ask the retirees (you know, the Union boys) how it's a Big &%@*# ing deal for them!!!!

Great liberal post to justify it though!!!
BillyB Wrote:It's a non-cash charge reflecting a tax break the company will not get under HCR. AT&T and other large companies received a 28% tax-free subsidy several years ago, now they have to back it down. To imply that HCR will cost AT&T $1 billion is quite an overstatement. But, I suppose stating it correctly wouldn't justify GIANT RED NUMBERS.
The bottom line is that AT&T's costs will go up by $1 billion as the result of Obamacare. Somebody will have to pay for the increased costs. Just what we need to go with a projected long-term unemployment rate of nearly 10 percent.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Obama's policies have probably already destroyed more private wealth in this country than Chavez has destroyed in his 12 years as president. Like Obama, Chavez promised to punish corporations and spread the wealth during his campaigns. Now, Chavez is begging for the big oil companies to reinvest in Venezuela. Obama is still in the demonizing the rich phase.
Which brings up a good question.

Why would any sane American citizen ever buy the first drop of gasoline from a Citgo station?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The bottom line is that AT&T's costs will go up by $1 billion as the result of Obamacare. Somebody will have to pay for the increased costs. Just what we need to go with a projected long-term unemployment rate of nearly 10 percent.
Ah, just your every day Joe consumer, plus those AT&T retirees taking a hit as well. I believe you may have several family members that may be some of the those who will be taking that hit, Hoot?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Which brings up a good question.

Why would any sane American citizen ever buy the first drop of gasoline from a Citgo station?
I was guilty of buying a few drops from a 7-11 to get to another gas station a couple of times when I lived in Indiana. However, I did tell the manager that I would buy more gas if 7-11 stopped getting its gas from Citgo. 7-11 eventually gave in and they stopped buying their gas from Citgo. :biggrin:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I know exactly what it says and understand it completely BillyBoy. Ask the retirees (you know, the Union boys) how it's a Big &%@*# ing deal for them!!!!

Great liberal post to justify it though!!!

Now I see. The extremely negative impact of HCR must be why the unions supported it. :biggrin: No, wait I forgot, they're also foreign-born, liberal, socalist, marxists bent on destroying life as we know it in the USA. :please:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Ah, just your every day Joe consumer, plus those AT&T retirees taking a hit as well. I believe you may have several family members that may be some of the those who will be taking that hit, Hoot?
Yes, I believe that I do. $1 billion dollars will employ quite a few current workers as well. I will not be surprised to hear AT & T announce some permanent layoffs or an early retirement program.

AT & T has announced the biggest charge, but other companies have also announced similar charges, including 3M and John Deare. Robert Gibbs says that they are exaggerating their losses. I guess they can expect an extensive IRS audit soon.

Obama will not hesitate to put those 16,000+ new IRS agents to work when companies embarrass him by blaming losses on Obamacare. He has a legacy to defend.
BillyB Wrote:Now I see. The extremely negative impact of HCR must be why the unions supported it. :biggrin: No, wait I forgot, they're also foreign-born, liberal, socalist, marxists bent on destroying life as we know it in the USA. :please:
Unions supported it because their corrupt leaders were bribed with huge tax breaks on "Cadillac plans." Most union workers now work in the government sector and their ranks have swollen as people in the private sector line up for unemployment checks.
BillyB Wrote:Now I see. The extremely negative impact of HCR must be why the unions supported it. :biggrin: No, wait I forgot, they're also foreign-born, liberal, socalist, marxists bent on destroying life as we know it in the USA. :please:
And the same one that about 60% of Americans oppose. Is that the same one you're talking about?

I suspect it was one of the hidden details of the bill and/or one that their pee sized gimmee gimmee brains could not grasp one of the consequenses of.

How come you also dont want to bring up how they were exempted from the taxes either, by the annoited one's shady dark ally deals? Lets talk about that for awhile.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yes, I believe that I do. $1 billion dollars will employ quite a few current workers as well. I will not be surprised to hear AT & T announce some permanent layoffs or an early retirement program.

AT & T has announced the biggest charge, but other companies have also announced similar charges, including 3M and John Deare. Robert Gibbs says that they are exaggerating their losses. I guess they can expect an extensive IRS audit soon.

Obama will not hesitate to put those 16,000+ new IRS agents to work when companies embarrass him by blaming losses on Obamacare. He has a legacy to defend.
I guess ol' Robert singularly constitutes the entire 8% of the Obama administration that has a financial background. I think of him as Wonderboy!!!!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yes, I believe that I do. $1 billion dollars will employ quite a few current workers as well. I will not be surprised to hear AT & T announce some permanent layoffs or an early retirement program.

As to paraphase him, his entire presidency is riding on this Big #$%&* deal.:biggrin:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:As to paraphase him, his entire presidency is riding on this Big #$%&* deal.:biggrin:
Charles Krauthammer said it best. First there was the Fair Deal, then along came the New Deal, and now Obama has given us the Big #$%@&# Deal. Biden is a laugh a minute. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The bottom line is that AT&T's costs will go up by $1 billion as the result of Obamacare. Somebody will have to pay for the increased costs. Just what we need to go with a projected long-term unemployment rate of nearly 10 percent.

I'm afraid that AT&T, CAT, Deere's problems are just the beginning, you and I both know that these companies will try to maintain their profit margins even if that means passing it along to the consumers.

Mr.Kimball Wrote:Ah, just your every day Joe consumer, plus those AT&T retirees taking a hit as well. I believe you may have several family members that may be some of the those who will be taking that hit, Hoot?

Good Point, these companies will try to find ways to cover the cost, but eventually it will fall to the consumers.

The unions have dollar signs in their eyes, however within the next 10 years I wouldn't be surprised to see the unions turn their healthcare over to the government

I hope this bankrupts John Deere.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I hope this bankrupts John Deere.
What do you have against the people who work for John Deere?
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I hope this bankrupts John Deere.

Yeah Boy, let em go bankrupt so that the government can take care of the employees. Now that's some real fancy thinkin there.:eyeroll:
O.K. Billy Boy will it add to AT&T's cost of doing business or not? It really doesn't matter what the accounting term you use, cost still go up. CAT will move from Illinios within the next 10 years.
Mr. Kimball, YOU RULE!!!!
EOE Wrote:Mr. Kimball, YOU RULE!!!!

Thank you EOE!