Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK: Who's coming back?
now since they didnt get there title does any of them come back and try again next year? if so who?and if they all come back which they probally dont ,what would that do to the incoming class?i know i put alot of (Ifs) but now the season is over we got alot of time to think about it..
We'll just have to see what happens in the coming months. Some people are certain there all gone, some ppl think they will return. Gotta play the waiting game.
Orton perhaps, maybe Bledsoe if were lucky.
i've heard that if Kentucky didn't win the championship, that they all would return because they wanna win a national championship. but nothing for certain. just have to wait and see. i hope they do.
Quote:Gotta play the waiting game.
agreed.I personally hope they all come back craving for a championship title next season...but i honestly dont see them coming back sadly.
I am probably 90%+ sure that Wall, Cousins and Patterson are gone.

I am 65% sure that Bledsoe is gone.

I believe that the only possible player to come back would be Orton.

I think if Bledsoe and Orton come back, UK could make another nice run.
Will they be back?

Wall: No
Cousins: No
Patterson: No
Bledsoe: No
Orton: Maybe

nbadraft.net's mock draft:

Wall: #1 pick
Cousins: #5 pick
Patterson: #8 pick
Bledsoe: #12 pick
Orton: not listed

Chad Ford of espn.com has Orton at 27 on his draft board.
Orton should come back. Bledsoe NEEDS to come back. Patterson, Cousins and Wall are history. Yeah the thought of coming back "to win a title" will pale in comparison when they get $40 million thrown at them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i say orton does! and maybe liggins
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
I am going to say that if they all did in fact stay, UK will go undefeated next year.

Mark it down and archive this post, if they stay.
Some again SOME folks were looking for them to go undefeated and national champions this season!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Super_Steeler36 Wrote:agreed.I personally hope they all come back craving for a championship title next season...but i honestly dont see them coming back sadly.

They really do not have a choice to come back when ridiculous amounts of money is there for them to take. As much as some of them might want to come back, you just can't say no to the jack!
Wall, Cousins, and PP are gone.
More than likely Bledsoe too.
I could see Orton staying another year.
Man I hope Cal gets Knight.
theVILLE Wrote:Some again SOME folks were looking for them to go undefeated and national champions this season!
Only fools were. Like I said earlier if anyone expected that at the first of the season then they were an idiot.
Coach Cal will be back, I can guarentee it!
Bledsoe and Orton will be back.
Wall, Cousins, Patterson, Bledsoe, and Orton are all gone. Dont get your hopes up. We will suck next year. How often do you get a freshmen class like that? Never!
Wall and Cousins - No brainer, they are gone.

Patterson and Bledsoe - They should think twice. Patterson stayed this year to improve his outside game and he showed more versatility but did not remove doubts. Bledoe could benefit from a year of playing the position that he will play in the NBA. He showed flashes of brilliance this season but his play was erratic.

Orton - Unless he wants to risk ending up in the development league or playing a year in Europe, he should stay and try to crack UK's starting lineup next season. Chances are an NBA team would draft him as a project because of his size and shot blocking ability but Orton has not improved his stock as an NBA prospect with his play this season.
We landed the plane a little after 1 a.m. and there's a few hundred people waiting at the airport for us. It means so much that our fans have that kind of appreciation for what this team did.

Thank you for showing up at the airport and commenting on Facebook*, through [email=Coach@coachcal.com]e-mail[/email], via Lexy (RIP, Jerry) and in other forums. We have the best fans ANYwhere. I hope you will keep showing your appreciation for what this group of young men accomplished.

Even without the Elite 8, this team made memories to last a life time. From Big Blue Madness to Cancun through UK2K and of course, with Hoops for Haiti, it has been a fun flight we shared in 2009-10.

I feel good being the coach at Kentucky.

* Facebook video is dark but the soundtrack is really something to listen to
-RTL-

http://www.coachcal.com/section/cal%27s-blog/1227

Facebook Video:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1384287417265
PP is gone for sure, there is no doubt about that..I'm not going to speculate about the other two, I don't want to jinx us, lol.

Bledsoe would be retarded if he left, Orton will stay as well.
theVILLE Wrote:i say orton does! and maybe liggins

Liggins is definitely coming back
sstack Wrote:They really do not have a choice to come back when ridiculous amounts of money is there for them to take. As much as some of them might want to come back, you just can't say no to the jack!

Patterson did....
RavenBoy Wrote:Wall, Cousins, Patterson, Bledsoe, and Orton are all gone. Dont get your hopes up. We will suck next year. How often do you get a freshmen class like that? Never!

If everybody leaves then there may be some drop off but a coach doesn't string together as many 30 win seasons as Coach Cal by letting a few players leaving destroy the next season. To say they will suck or even not be good is, to be honest, stupid.
Whatever is in there heart they will decide. We do have some great recruits coming in, but we do need experience?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
according to Coach Cal, Wall wants to stay.

Calipari had some interesting comments on John Wall. "He wants to stay," Calipari said. "We'll have to talk about it afterward."
If he wants to stay, don't talk him into going. Let him do what he wants to do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Amun-Ra Wrote:I am going to say that if they all did in fact stay, UK will go undefeated next year.

Mark it down and archive this post, if they stay.

i would agree with that if they got a consistant 3 point shooter..
cougarpride08 Wrote:If he wants to stay, don't talk him into going. Let him do what he wants to do.

It's really best that he goes. He's going to be the first pick in the draft. If he comes back, he'll risk getting injured, and it would cost him millions.
Aslan Wrote:It's really best that he goes. He's going to be the first pick in the draft. If he comes back, he'll risk getting injured, and it would cost him millions.

I'm sure that he has thought of that. I'm positive that people have told him that to his face. And I'm about 99% sure that he has heard that all over ESPN and from everyone who has an opinion. But he is a 19 year old KID. If he WANTS to stay then there must be a pretty good reason to pass up all of the money. Maybe he is having the time of his life at UK, maybe he has made some of the best friends he ever has on or off the team, maybe he has his eyes on a girl that he doesn't want to leave just yet. Everyone has to understand that he is still a teenager and more than likely has the mind of a teenager! Obviously the smart decision would be for him to go ahead and take the money. But the mind and the heart can tell you two different things at the same time. Let him make his own decision.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:I'm sure that he has thought of that. I'm positive that people have told him that to his face. And I'm about 99% sure that he has heard that all over ESPN and from everyone who has an opinion. But he is a 19 year old KID. If he WANTS to stay then there must be a pretty good reason to pass up all of the money. Maybe he is having the time of his life at UK, maybe he has made some of the best friends he ever has on or off the team, maybe he has his eyes on a girl that he doesn't want to leave just yet. Everyone has to understand that he is still a teenager and more than likely has the mind of a teenager! Obviously the smart decision would be for him to go ahead and take the money. But the mind and the heart can tell you two different things at the same time. Let him make his own decision.

Yeah, if he stays he could end up like Tebow and Bradford...getting hurt! Whatever he chooses, I will be happy. If he stays CATS will be even better. If he goes, UK's recruiting gets better. CATS win either way.