Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky: Players Leaving/Recruiting Discussion
I figured I'd start a thread that would be all about UK's players that are leaving, committed players, recruit targets, etc.

Here's some news on UK recruits:

- Josh Selby is still looking to visit UK in the next couple of weeks. He is said to announce his decision on April 17th at the Nike Hoops Summit.
- Brandon Knight told Rivals.com he isn't favoring Kentucky or any other school at this point. He is said to announce his decision on April 14th.
- A new NCAA rule may help UK commit, Enes Kanter be eligible this coming season.
Coach Calipari said today on a radio show that he would like to add 5-6 players to the roster next season.

- Per Jody Demling's Twitter

As for who I believe is gone: Wall, Cousins, Patterson.

Those 3 are all possibly lottery picks.
NBADraft.net has Bledsoe at #12. I truly believe if he thinks he is a top 15 pick, he is gone as well. Though this site, which has been pretty accurate over the past few years, does not have Orton listed, their are other sites that have him as a potential 25-40 pick. Would a First Round potential pick be enough to lure him away? I sure hope not. He needs more seasoning and a potential top 15 after his sopohomore year could certainly be in his sights.

Bottom-line, Wall, Cousins and PPat are gone. If Cal is saying 5-6 scholarships, then he is not sure about Bledsoe. If Bledsoe leaves, that is the 6th scholarship that would open up. If Bledsoe stays, then I'm not sure if we have a 6th scholarship to offer.
Stardust Wrote:NBADraft.net has Bledsoe at #12. I truly believe if he thinks he is a top 15 pick, he is gone as well. Though this site, which has been pretty accurate over the past few years, does not have Orton listed, their are other sites that have him as a potential 25-40 pick. Would a First Round potential pick be enough to lure him away? I sure hope not. He needs more seasoning and a potential top 15 after his sopohomore year could certainly be in his sights.

Bottom-line, Wall, Cousins and PPat are gone. If Cal is saying 5-6 scholarships, then he is not sure about Bledsoe. If Bledsoe leaves, that is the 6th scholarship that would open up. If Bledsoe stays, then I'm not sure if we have a 6th scholarship to offer.

There is talk of Jon Hood transferring.
If Wall, Cousins and Patterson go, then add Krebs, Harris and Stevenson and that makes 6 available.
Evan Daniels of Scout.com tweet:

When asked if he knew how many of UK's players were going pro, C.J. Leslie answered, "I think of five of their players will."
^ That's not good as far as the current wildcats go. That will more than likely mean 1)Wall 2)Cousins 3)Patterson 4)Bledsoe 5)Orton
Did i miss something with this orton deal? did he go off or something lol?
I spoke to a player from UK and what I heard that Bledsoe is going pro. and Orton wants to but not sure where he will draft at. I've not heard Hood leaving U.K. and Wall, Cousins, PPat are gone. With them and the seniors gone. Thats a big gap to fill. Wonder if its all true. LOL. If so...then Cal has a huge job in front of him. But I'm sure he will do a great job. Go Cats:Thumbs:
I do think that Orton stays. I know that scouts like his size and potential, but he has yet to really prove anything in college.

Bledsoe is hard to figure out though, as I've heard his family has a financial situation in Alabama. And coach Cal supposedly told the ones thinking about entering the draft that if you're going for money, then don't go. But it has been reported that the Pistons and Raptors like Bledsoe.

So its most certainly going to be a wait-and-see process.
Shew some people on here are having a hard time figuring this out on here.

Unless Wall, Patterson, or Cousins decide to stay, 6 scholarships are open

1. John Wall
2. Patrick Patterson
3. Demarcus Cousins
4. Perry Stevenson
5. Ramon Harris
6. Mark Krebs

So Leslie thinks Bledsoe and Orton are gone? If so, UK is gonna have a big rebuilding year in '10-'11.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Shew some people on here are having a hard time figuring this out on here.

Unless Wall, Patterson, or Cousins decide to stay, 6 scholarships are open

1. John Wall
2. Patrick Patterson
3. Demarcus Cousins
4. Perry Stevenson
5. Ramon Harris
6. Mark Krebs

So Leslie thinks Bledsoe and Orton are gone? If so, UK is gonna have a big rebuilding year in '10-'11.

So if those are for sure gone that leaves:
(* signifies rumors of leaving)

1. Darius Miller
2. DeAndre Liggins
3. Josh Harrelson
4. Darnell Dodson
*5. Eric Bledsoe
*6. Daniel Orton
*7. John Hood
Dodson
PC_You_Know Wrote:Dodson
Thanks.
lwc Wrote:So if those are for sure gone that leaves:
(* signifies rumors of leaving)

1. Darius Miller
2. DeAndre Liggins
3. Josh Harrelson
*4. John Hood
*5. Eric Bledsoe
*6. Daniel Orton
7. Darnell Dodson

Wow! I never looked at it from this perspective. If ALL the players leave for whatever reason (draft, transfer, etc.) that are thinking about leaving then we might be in quite a predicament. :yikes:
Darius Miller has also been rumored of transferring to Xavier, I don't know why he would go, but it's on the rumor mill.
^ That doesn't hardly make any sense at all. I'm not shooting the messenger here or anything but why in the world would he have any reason to leave?? He started for the Kentucky team that has many future pro's and contributed greatly. I think he stays. Especially since he is from Kentucky and has been a fan his whole life. He is living out his dream as of right now.
Darius Miller was in the Seaton Center yesterday with Krebs, Harrellson, and Cousins playing pick-up ball. Plus, as FF 8-0 eluded to above, he starts and contributed to a lot of our success this season.

There is no reason for him to decide to leave.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if Dodson decided to transfer.
Dodson, Nor miller are going anywhere.
I could see why Dodson would want to transfer out but I'm sure going through the process of transferring AGAIN would be just too much stress and complication to go through. If he would work in the offseason on perfecting that 3 point shot then I'm sure everyone knows he would come in handy sometime next year.
These players are expected to announce their decisions on these dates:

Brandon Knight - April 14th
Josh Selby - April 17th
C.J. Leslie - A few days after April 17th
Doron Lamb - Right around April 17th
outdoorsman43 Wrote:These players are expected to announce their decisions on these dates:

Brandon Knight - April 14th
Josh Selby - April 17th
C.J. Leslie - A few days after April 17th
Doron Lamb - Right around April 17th

Is this a normal time for recruits to commit? It seems like this years freshmen took FOREVER!
Jody Demling, recruiting guru for the Courier Journal, chatted with all of the recruits at the McDonald's All American Game and found some interesting news.

The biggest news from the interviews seems to be each of the five UK targets have been told five underclassmen are leaving for UK. Raleigh (N.C.) forward C.J. Leslie - a former teammate of UK freshman John Wall - actually corrected me when I asked him a question about guys leaving and said, "No, five are going." I had asked how much of an impact it would have on his decision if three or four guys declared for the NBA Draft.

Another player told laughed when a group was asking him about guys leaving Kentucky and later said he was told "Wall, Pat, Bledsoe, Cousins and Orton are all gone." So that's the assumption that the best of the best high school players left undecided are going by.

Oak Hill's Doron Lamb said "who goes and who comes back" will have a major impact on what school he decides to attend and Terrence Jones said he's "watching everything" and then will try and process all the information when Oregon hires a coach.

Florida standout guard Brandon Knight (photo) slipped up and used the word "we" when asked a UK question by WKYT's Steve Moss in an interview. But I spent a lot of time with Knight and he said over and over again that who comes or goes won't have an impact on his final decision.

Knight said he has "not made a final decision," despite all the rumors that he has already made a verbal commitment to the UK staff.

If all 5 leave would it be possible to get Knight, Selby, Jones, Leslie, and Lamb? Add on Poole and Kanter and you have another #1 recruiting class, maybe even better than last year's class. I really didn't think Selby would be a Cat if Knight came, but there is chatter they could be playing in the same backcourt at Kentucky next year. What a wild recruiting season it will be!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nationofblue.com/recruits-bei...bound-736/
lwc Wrote:Is this a normal time for recruits to commit? It seems like this years freshmen took FOREVER!

The final signing period takes place sometime in the coming weeks. (I believe)

I expect those who do decide to jump to the NBA draft to announce something next week, if not this week.
To me Orton isn't no where near ready as far as talent. He fouls too much, and still hasn't played enough PT to me to say whether he is ready.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
News has broken today that it's reported from a UK recruit that team representatives have told them that 5 underclassmen are leaving for the NBA. Which means all 4 freshmen and Patterson are leaving, and leaves us with 8 available scholarships. Brandon Knight referred to UK as us in an interview today. So that's a positive sign. Josh Selby also stated that he and Knight could co-exist in the same backcourt at UK, but went on to say Kansas is like a second home. Which 8 do you see us getting?

1. Stacey Poole
2. Enes Kanter
3. Brandon Knight
4. CJ Leslie
5. Doran Lamb
6. Terrance Jones
7. Terrance Ross
8. ????

I think the first four are locks, and I have no idea who #8 would be. Could it really be Selby or Corey Joseph? I'd already wrote both of them off. Only time will tell. What do you all think?
WOW, a article on yahoo sports have Bledso being the 2nd PG taking in the draft!
It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Selby. It seems Kansas is the leader, but not by much. Its interesting that now he's starting to mention Tennessee again, after decommitting and pretty much dropping UT from his list. Hopefully Tobias Harris can do some persuading while the McDonald's All-American activities are going on. I don't really expect him to come to UT, but with high school kids, you never know.
CJ Leslie says that he thinks all 5 freshman (other than Hood) are entering the draft.

I find it hard to believe, but that's what he's being told.
^ All recruits are being told that five players will enter the NBA Draft that aren't named Harris, Krebs, or Stevenson.