Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky: Players Leaving/Recruiting Discussion
Forgot about Liggins leaving.
Real Badman Wrote:Forgot about Liggins leaving.

Where's Liggins going?

BTW, Doron Lamb said this evening that he was told directly from Calipari that Bledsoe and Orton are gone.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:CJ Leslie says that he thinks all 5 freshman (other than Hood) are entering the draft.

I find it hard to believe, but that's what he's being told.

5 freshmen? Hood was the 5th freshmen. Cousins, Bledsoe, Wall, Orton, and Hood.
PC_You_Know Wrote:5 freshmen? Hood was the 5th freshmen. Cousins, Bledsoe, Wall, Orton, and Hood.

I don't know why I said 5 freshman, meant to just say that Leslie expect 5 to enter the draft, being: Wall, Cousins, Patterson, Bledsoe, and Orton.
I believe that Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe and Orton leave.

IMO its a hunch, but I think Patrick Patterson is gonna come back.

In this turn of events, I belive that Knight, Lamb and Lelie commit. Giving UK within the top 3 class, if not the top class in the country.

the roster would look like this

PG Brandon Knight
SG Doron Lamb
SF Darius Miller
SF CJ Leslie
PF Patrick Patterson
----------
DeAndre Liggins
Darnell Dodson
Enes Kantar
Luke Cothron
Stacey Poole JR
Jon Hood
Josh Harrleson

Theyre is still another scholarship available. This could go to Selby if he wanted it, maybe a player that Cal could get to commit from another school. or maybe a kid from KY that a scholarship falls to at the last moment.
i really dont see orton leaving. he got too much playing time with too much to work on. i live in alabama and one of the guys i play ball with grew up with bledsoe and he already said that his goal is to make it to his junior year.
I see a lot of them going, but I really like believing that Orton and Bledsoe stay but who knows. I have heard from good sources that the recruiting class of 2011 is going to be a good one... Also did you guys hear about us getting the No. 9 guy signed already? The turkish guy, he's a beast, and a beast that can shoot.
Turkish guy = Enes Kanter.. And he has already committed to UK.

Other prospects include...

Brandon Knight
Luke Cothron
Josh Selby
CJ Leslie (Played with John Wall)
Ballers Wrote:Turkish guy = Enes Kanter.. And he has already committed to UK.

Other prospects include...

Brandon Knight
Luke Cothron
Josh Selby
CJ Leslie (Played with John Wall)

Terrence Jones is also another big recruit that UK is after.

Also, CJ Leslie took back what he said about the coaches telling him that 5 players are entering the draft. What he meant was that he believes 5 will, based on what he saw.

Confusing, I know.
RUMOR all around the net is, We are returning 4 players!! Dodson is declaring for the draft according to draft express, who say Demarcus Cousins told them... If this is true, then wow. Could be a bunch of lies, but we will find out soon enough.
People, calm down.

Doron Lamb said Coach Cal told him "the whole freshmen class is leaving and there will be nine spots available."

This quote is from the Catspause.com.
UPDATE on Daniel Orton situation. He has released this statement:"I have not declared for the NBA Draft. I'm currently weighing my options and will make a decision prior to the deadline."-- Sounds like a family crisis coming for the Orton family
The rumors are piling up that Darnell Dodson won't be back with the team next year.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:The rumors are piling up that Darnell Dodson won't be back with the team next year.

Dodson will not be drafted. Im sure he may test the waters but will be back.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:The rumors are piling up that Darnell Dodson won't be back with the team next year.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

As for Orton, he is going to test the waters but no hire an agent, so if it doesn't look good for him then he can come back. Smart move in my opinion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Daniel Orton situation. He has released this statement:"I have not declared for the NBA Draft. I'm currently weighing my options and will make a decision prior to the deadline."-- Sounds like a family crisis coming for the Orton family

But then comes a story from Larry Vaught in which Orton’s dad says that Daniel was dropping out of school and moving to California to train for the draft. He then makes some other quotes that are…well, not all that “team-oriented”:
“if Daniel has a good workout, he might be a top five pick…If he had played more, he would have made DeMarcus look bad”
Ouch. So what have we learned? Nothing…except that Larry Orton has an extremely high opinion of his son.
With all this these future NBA players, this question is not, "why didn't they win it all", but, how did anyone come within 20 of this group?
He ll, just recruit a whole new team. From the sound of things, you're going to have to. Everyone is either going to the NBA or going to transfer. This is crazy.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:He ll, just recruit a whole new team. From the sound of things, you're going to have to. Everyone is either going to the NBA or going to transfer. This is crazy.

Who said anyone was transferring?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I go to sleep and wake up about 20 mins ago and it seems like all **** has broken loose between Orton's fathers comments, Dodson entering the draft, etc.

I'm not sure what is going on, but if we have 6 guys enter the draft leaving: Miller, Liggins, Harrellson, and Hood, then I'm not a fan of it.

We will never win a championship this way!
alfus21 Wrote:Who said anyone was transferring?

The #4 post on this thread.
I wish cousins and wall and pp would stay JUST 1 more year!!!!!
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:The #4 post on this thread.

Matt Jones of KSR tweeted, "Orton situation is nuts. As for Dodson, IF he ends up not coming back, it isnt because of the NBA Draft, even if that is what is said"

Also according to WKYT, Jon Hood will not be transferring.
WKYT reports that Jon Hood is not transferring. The only of the 3 rumors of today that ended up not being true.
Orton just tweeted:

"I would like for anyone to disregard anything that you might have heard my father say he was taken the wrong way in his interview."
This issue in all this isn't the players or their families, the issue is the media.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Orton just tweeted:

"I would like for anyone to disregard anything that you might have heard my father say he was taken the wrong way in his interview."

So what's the situation? Is he still going to test the waters?
Aslan Wrote:So what's the situation? Is he still going to test the waters?

Yes orton is going to test the waters. But his father has gone off the deep end.
Aslan Wrote:With all this these future NBA players, this question is not, "why didn't they win it all", but, how did anyone come within 20 of this group?

Lol!!:biggrin: A true Kentucky fan!

Sorry to "burst everyone's bubble," but we'll never know what will happen until we get closer to the NBA draft. I've heard rumors that range from most of the team coming back to most of the team leaving.

This is a pretty interesting topic to talk about, though. This topic could possibly be the difference between Kentucky having a rebuilding year or national championship year.
Ok, now do not hold me to this, but from many sources and what i've heard, wall wants to come back, and will come back along with cousins.

Now Due to that, bledsoe is going to be entering the draft, because he doesnt want to play behind wall again for another year, same with orton he doesnt want to sit behind cousins another year, this is why those 2 are so eager to enter the draft.

With P-pat, its still undecided, more than likely nba bound, because hes graduating this year.

Now for next year, look to see Knight playing with wall in the backcourt and a completely different lineup. It's going to be madly crazy.

Now please do not hold me to any of this, cuz these boys are teenagers and we all know how teenagers are, they can change there minds like this, we will just have to wait this out and see how things play out for UK, and these young guys.