Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Baseball 06'.......Who do u think will start and where
"Fuzzy5118" Wrote:Who do I think will start and where?

Catcher-Cory Adams
1st-Andrew Brown
2nd-Jonathon Miller/Travis Ison
3rd-JD VanHoose
SS-Daniel Pugh
LF-Kyle Sublett/Cory Humphries
CF-Cory Humphries/Shane Grimm
RF-Kevin Williams

There's a ton of talent on this team, so much so, that everyone has to know his place, understand about waiting one's turn, and sometimes having to sit the bench for the good of the team. I doubt you'll hear much bellyaching because everyone has great respect for one another, has played together as All-Stars, or have played together on winning LL teams as they've grown up. Everyone pretty much knows what is what and knows they'll get their turn when it's time. It's up to them to deliver and they know @ Paintsville if you can't deliver there's always someone waiting right there, ready to do some delivering of their own:thumb: !

Don't think you'll see Subby in the outfield, he's not been working out there. Although he can, toward the end of last season Brown was worked in the outfield quite often. Right here is what I believe it will look more like but of course I could be totally wrong.

C-Kevin Williams
1B-Kyle Sublett
2B-Travis Ison
SS-Daniel Pugh
3B-J.D. Vanhoose
LF-Andrew Brown
CF-Corey Humphrey
RF-Shane Grimm

I think you could see Josh Watkins behind the plate some or in RF especially when Grimm pitches. Corey Adams could catch Grimm which would send Williams back to the outfield. Anyone know if Cantrell is playing you could see him behind the plate or in the outfield. The pitching staff isn't very deep right now. Grimm, Watkins, and Vanhoose are the only 3 I can think of that's had pitching experience since they were 12 years old. Hopefully with the help of Tucker, Walt Grace and Craig Ratliff the Tigers can build on what could be a decent staff.
Now MOJO, you know I posted that and went back to read it later on and realized I had confused Brown and Sublett. I agree there will be different configurations depending upon who is pitching, but let us not forget that not just anybody can play the outfield. The outfield is a nice place to see new capable faces break into the lineup. Aren't you excited about the season? I can't wait to get to a Baseball game! This season is gonna be so much fun! You know football and baseball are my two fav sports with BASEBALL being my most fav sport!
Coach Howard and Staff have already started practice, Im told. I cant wait to see what happens. Lots of talent on both ends. GO COACH HOWARD...
From what I witnessed over at the field yesterday, there are many boys out for the team, there are new coaching faces, and there looks to be a lot of instruction going on. I'd say there's a few basketball players wishing they were there! I can't wait to see those boys joining their team, but understand they have a committment to fulfill. Yesterday's practice lasted well over 2 hours, most didn't seem to want to leave when it was over, and all the parents, who were there, seemed to be enjoying themselves! This year has begun on a great foot!Go mighty Tigers!
"Fuzzy5118" Wrote:Who do I think will start and where?

Catcher-Cory Adams
1st-Andrew Brown
2nd-Jonathon Miller/Travis Ison
3rd-JD VanHoose
SS-Daniel Pugh
LF-Kyle Sublett/Cory Humphries
CF-Cory Humphries/Shane Grimm
RF-Kevin Williams

There's a ton of talent on this team, so much so, that everyone has to know his place, understand about waiting one's turn, and sometimes having to sit the bench for the good of the team. I doubt you'll hear much bellyaching because everyone has great respect for one another, has played together as All-Stars, or have played together on winning LL teams as they've grown up. Everyone pretty much knows what is what and knows they'll get their turn when it's time. It's up to them to deliver and they know @ Paintsville if you can't deliver there's always someone waiting right there, ready to do some delivering of their own:thumb: !

I agree with your comments about the talent and the respect, but I would change the lineup just a bit...
Catcher..Kevin Williams (I think Corey Adams is a year away from this position full time, he needs to square up his hips more or he's going to give up a lot of pass balls)
!st base..Kyle Sublett, I think you want his experience there
2nd..Travis Ison, he has better foot movement than Jonathon right now
3rd..JD Vanhoose
SS..Daniel Pugh
outfield is a toss up right now I think, Coach Howard and his staff have 6 or 7 who easily fill these 3 positions

and please don't get me wrong I am not dogging either young man I mentioned above, just an observation from a baseball nut is all, they are both going to be tremendous ball players for Coach Howard and his staff this season don't ever doubt that, along with all the others.

GO PAINTSVILLE!!!!!!!!!
Hey BW, I know what you're saying! I am just so excited to even be talking about this stuff! Most of the suporters are champing at the bit to get this thing going! I can't wait til the boys from basketball are finally with us!

Go Paintsville!
I think this will be the tigers lineup for the upcoming season...

Corey Humphrey-CF
Travis Ison-LF
Daniel Pugh-SS
Andrew Brown-1B
Kevin Williams-RF
JD Vanhoose-3B
Kyle Sublett-DH
Shane Grimm-Pitching
Jonathan Miller-2B

With Corey Adams Catching

The Pitchers this year will be Grimm, Vanhoose, Pugh, Watkins and Miller
That's one configuration, but let's not overlook Ison, heck, let's not overlook ANYONE! We're gonna need all the quality pitchers we can field! I can't wait to see all the team together and working toward a State Championship! It certainly would have been good if Humphrey had been a catcher!
"BULLRUSH" Wrote:I think this will be the tigers lineup for the upcoming season...

Corey Humphrey-CF
Travis Ison-LF
Daniel Pugh-SS
Andrew Brown-1B
Kevin Williams-RF
JD Vanhoose-3B
Kyle Sublett-DH
Shane Grimm-Pitching
Jonathan Miller-2B

With Corey Adams Catching

The Pitchers this year will be Grimm, Vanhoose, Pugh, Watkins and Miller
Looks like a good lineup to me....GO TIGERS!:wenumber1
"SnakE" Wrote:From what I witnessed over at the field yesterday, there are many boys out for the team, there are new coaching faces, and there looks to be a lot of instruction going on. I'd say there's a few basketball players wishing they were there! I can't wait to see those boys joining their team, but understand they have a committment to fulfill. Yesterday's practice lasted well over 2 hours, most didn't seem to want to leave when it was over, and all the parents, who were there, seemed to be enjoying themselves! This year has begun on a great foot!Go mighty Tigers!
Where were you watching practice from??? Did I talk to you??? LOL...just trying to figure out who you are...as you have puzzled me several times from posts!!!
It's sad for me to read posts that are supposed to be in reference to a school's sport or team, but instead someone must try to start trouble by saying things about people who they later name that can cause serious problems.

I have read many of the posts and I agree with some comments as well as disagree with a few. I wish the Paintsville Tigers' baseball team and coaching staff all of the luck in the world.

One thing I must comment on is the way that Bob Lyons was singled out. I understand that everyone isn't going to agree with the way he coaches but that is a part of life. The man is a highly intelligent man who has a deep passion for the game of baseball and would do nothing to cause problems or hurt for the players. Bob Lyons is there because of this love for the game as well as his deep knowledge of the sport. He isn't there to further his son's baseball career, his son can do that on his own. Mr. Lyons is there because he was chosen as an assistant coach. Love him or hate him, you should respect him because he is a part of the Tiger team, not because he acts accordingly to the way you think he should.

Best of luck to the players and the coaches. Everyone is a Tiger and that should never be questioned or forgotten just because of your lack of understanding of someone and their methods, the present situation, or outright jealousy.

Coaches are there for the players. Bob Lyons is no exception!!
GO PAINTSVILLE!!!!!!:mad:
Well spoken. From what I have seen, Coach Lyons is very knowledgeable of the sport and can convey it to the boys. If I'm not mistaken, he has been involved with baseball since he was a young boy. You should respect all the coaches...love 'em or hate 'em...that's what they deserve. Between coaches Howard, Crace, Lyons and Hale....what a wealth of knowledge you have there!!!!!

Good Luck Baseball Tigers!!!! I know you're gonna have a great season!!! :Cheerlead

"Envy~Me~Always" Wrote:It's sad for me to read posts that are supposed to be in reference to a school's sport or team, but instead someone must try to start trouble by saying things about people who they later name that can cause serious problems.

I have read many of the posts and I agree with some comments as well as disagree with a few. I wish the Paintsville Tigers' baseball team and coaching staff all of the luck in the world.

One thing I must comment on is the way that Bob Lyons was singled out. I understand that everyone isn't going to agree with the way he coaches but that is a part of life. The man is a highly intelligent man who has a deep passion for the game of baseball and would do nothing to cause problems or hurt for the players. Bob Lyons is there because of this love for the game as well as his deep knowledge of the sport. He isn't there to further his son's baseball career, his son can do that on his own. Mr. Lyons is there because he was chosen as an assistant coach. Love him or hate him, you should respect him because he is a part of the Tiger team, not because he acts accordingly to the way you think he should.

Best of luck to the players and the coaches. Everyone is a Tiger and that should never be questioned or forgotten just because of your lack of understanding of someone and their methods, the present situation, or outright jealousy.

"Envy~Me~Always" Wrote:It's sad for me to read posts that are supposed to be in reference to a school's sport or team, but instead someone must try to start trouble by saying things about people who they later name that can cause serious problems.

Now...I agree with just about everything you have posted, but now....Highly intelligent??? Let's not stretch it too far!!!:big grin:
Bob does know baseball!! He is a fantastic organizer and loves the game and coaching it! I know I have had my differences with him in the past, but it has nothing to do with him coaching. Actually, my son told me that Coach Lyons has been doing a great job this year!!! And that was without me asking anything, he just gave me his thoughts!!! He said all the coaches are great!!!
Congrats Tuckr!!! You seem to have put together a great staff!!
Tucker Howard, Bob Lyons, Walt Crace, Shoes Hale, and Craig Ratliff!!! All great guys to have on staff!:thumb:
I think Paintsville has a very good shot at winning the region. Most people don't realize what they return. They will be better than last years team!
"BULLRUSH" Wrote:I think Paintsville has a very good shot at winning the region. Most people don't realize what they return. They will be better than last years team!

Hmmm.....don't know about all that now. Pitching staff is awfully weak to compare to last year's team. In the field and at the plate I can see where you're coming from but on the mound last year's team was probably better. But I hope I'm wrong and suprised.
"MOJO" Wrote:Hmmm.....don't know about all that now. Pitching staff is awfully weak to compare to last year's team. In the field and at the plate I can see where you're coming from but on the mound last year's team was probably better. But I hope I'm wrong and suprised.
BTW, last years pitching staff was dominate against JKC in the Dist. but other than that....less than impressive. I feel if this years staff can have control and hit spots, they might be just as effective, maybe more!!!
Will Paintsville be the best team in the 15th region this year?
I JUST CANT GET OVER BOB TRYING TO TELL PEOPLE THAT HE PLAYED D1 BALL AT MICHIGAN STATE THAT IS HILARIOS. BOB YOU ARE PATHETIC. AND YOUR SON HAS TO BE THE SLOWEST KID ON THE TEAM. IF THE BALL IS HIT TO HIS LEFT OR RIGHT HE CANT GET IT THAT IS HILARIOUS:lol:

You know I have no idea who you are nor do I even remotely care to know who you are, but you were obviously raised with no manners whatsoever to even bring up a child's name in such a manner. It is quite obvious that you have a major problem with this Lyons man, but what is even worse is you're willing to stoop to such immature, childish rantings and mud slinging to bring his son into the mix.

I can't help but wonder if you were at one point in an "illustrious sports career" the bench warmer, who wore your cheek prints into the pine hoping to get in and be in the spotlight, and who never reached that "fame" that was so needed and craved for, so therefore you resort to name calling of young men and women(in other threads) who work their bottoms off to get where they are and deserve every accolade they have received.

I'd like to know if you've ever played sports, what are your percentages in fielding/rbi's/hits/walks/ or if you've got stats in basketball or football, or are you simply a parent/sibling of another child hoping to keep the sh** pot stirred ...but then I wouldn't believe anything you'd have to say on the subject simply due to the way you spit your venom on here toward a young man who I'm sure has never done anything to you, unless of course you're not really from Paintsville and he's pinned someone's ears back playing baseball that you know*lol*,...its sad to see how someone can take their hatred out on a young man simply for who his parent is.

You're a coward to hide behind a name on a sports forum and spew nasty ugly remarks about children and their parents and then I"m sure you speak to them in public when you see them as if you're the best of friends. You know there's an old saying....its one thing to be stupid but it's sure another thing to let everyone else know it....and you're doing a jimdandy job of letting everyone else know it with your postings.
"blackwidow" Wrote:You know I have no idea who you are nor do I even remotely care to know who you are, but you were obviously raised with no manners whatsoever to even bring up a child's name in such a manner. It is quite obvious that you have a major problem with this Lyons man, but what is even worse is you're willing to stoop to such immature, childish rantings and mud slinging to bring his son into the mix.

I can't help but wonder if you were at one point in an "illustrious sports career" the bench warmer, who wore your cheek prints into the pine hoping to get in and be in the spotlight, and who never reached that "fame" that was so needed and craved for, so therefore you resort to name calling of young men and women(in other threads) who work their bottoms off to get where they are and deserve every accolade they have received.

I'd like to know if you've ever played sports, what are your percentages in fielding/rbi's/hits/walks/ or if you've got stats in basketball or football, or are you simply a parent/sibling of another child hoping to keep the sh** pot stirred ...but then I wouldn't believe anything you'd have to say on the subject simply due to the way you spit your venom on here toward a young man who I'm sure has never done anything to you, unless of course you're not really from Paintsville and he's pinned someone's ears back playing baseball that you know*lol*,...its sad to see how someone can take their hatred out on a young man simply for who his parent is.

You're a coward to hide behind a name on a sports forum and spew nasty ugly remarks about children and their parents and then I"m sure you speak to them in public when you see them as if you're the best of friends. You know there's an old saying....its one thing to be stupid but it's sure another thing to let everyone else know it....and you're doing a jimdandy job of letting everyone else know it with your postings.

Well said!
Blackwidow-- a round of applause for you.
Thank you BW.
"WOW" Wrote:Blackwidow-- a round of applause for you.

:Cheerlead Yes....a standing ovation for you!!!! :mad:
This one has ran its course and now strayed from it.

COLSED!