3.) Pulaski County
4.) Southwestern
5.) Danville
6.) Boyle County
7.) West Jessamine
8.) Lincoln County
9.) East Jessamine
10.) Casey County

-- This is I think pre-season rankings. Mercer has 2 of the top 3 in players in Cinnamon & Lee.

I think when it is all said and done, if Bales develops any Pulaski County will win the region and might win the next 3.
I gave West the top spot simply because they won the region this year but your probably right on where you put them...I say they drop tremendously. And as for PC winning the region I just can't see that happening. Wayne is going to be alot better this year and so will Southwestern.
1. Wayne County
2. Mercer County
3. Danville
4. Southwestern
5. Lincoln County
6. Boyle County
7. Pulaski County
8. East Jessamine
9. West Jessamine
10. Rockcastle County

Danville is going to be better than people think next year. Well, they should be anyways. Between Jacody Taylor, Tevin Raines(injured this year) and Tryston Ford they have the talent to make it to Rupp Arena. Whether they can put it together and make it work on the court remains to be seen.

Wayne County has to be the favorite. They return most of their team intact and they gave West Jessamine their best game of the post season after Shelby Valley. I expect them to be a clear favorite to go to Rupp but McCreary proved that you still have to play the games.

Mercer County will present a good challenge. Much like Wayne they will field a senior dominated team that came a few missed layups away from beating West Jessamine and going to Rupp. Like Danville, they have the talent and the tools to make it to Rupp. Now can they put it together on the court at the right time?

The 45th District will be the toughest district in the region. Danville, Lincoln County and Boyle County will battle it out for the ever important District Tourney 1 seed. No one wants to be in the 2/3 seed game. All 3 teams are capable of being the 1 seed. It'll be a fun District to keep an eye on this upcoming year.
PurplePride92 Wrote:1. Wayne County
2. Mercer County
3. Danville
4. Southwestern
5. Lincoln County
6. Boyle County
7. Pulaski County
8. East Jessamine
9. West Jessamine
10. Rockcastle County

Danville is going to be better than people think next year. Well, they should be anyways. Between Jacody Taylor, Tevin Raines(injured this year) and Tryston Ford thy have the talent to make it to Rupp Arena. Whether they can put it together and make it work on the court remains to be seen.

Wayne County has to be the favorite. They return most of their team intact and they gave West Jessamine their best game of the post season after Shelby Valley. I expect them to be a clear favorite to go to Rupp but McCreary proved that you still have to play the games.

Mercer County will present a good challenge. Much like Wayne they will field a senior dominated team that came a few missed layups away from beating West Jessamine and going to Rupp. Like Danville, they have the talent and the tools to make it to Rupp. Now can they put it together on the court at the right time.

The 45th District will be the toughest district in the region. Danville, Lincoln County and Boyle County will battle it out for the ever important District Tourney 1 seed. No one wants to be in the 2/3 seed game. All 3 teams are capanle of being the 1 seed. It'll be a fun District to keep an eye on this upcoming year.

Excellent post my friend! I think you have hit the nail square on the head!

:Thumbs:
1) Wayne County
2) Mercer County
3) Danville
4) Southwestern
5) Pulaski County
6) Lincoln County
7) Boyle County
8) East Jessamine
9) Rockcastle County
10) McCreary Central
I just don't understand the Lincoln County stuff where they are a region contender.

They lose Cooper and Long and was a different team this year when Allison didn't play, especially at the end of the year. They return Edgington, Hill & Sharp, but I don't see where they are going to have much perimeter scoring, not enough to win the region.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:I just don't understand the Lincoln County stuff where they are a region contender.

They lose Cooper and Long and was a different team this year when Allison didn't play, especially at the end of the year. They return Edgington, Hill & Sharp, but I don't see where they are going to have much perimeter scoring, not enough to win the region.

I think your right on this, but I think you have to consider them a contender just out of respect. Remember this is just pre-season analysis and as the season begins and progresses we will see how they have been doing.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:I just don't understand the Lincoln County stuff where they are a region contender.

I am not saying that they will win region but they will be competitive and shouldn't be taken lightly at all. Chris Butler has a sweet stroke and teams will learn quickly to keep an eye on where he is at when he is on the court.
I think wayne, west jess, and pulaksi will be at the top of the region. i can see pulaski winning the region in a year or two
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I think wayne, west jess, and pulaksi will be at the top of the region. i can see pulaski winning the region in a year or two

What about West Jessamine makes you think they will be at the top of the region? What do you know that we don't? I can see East Jessamine being better than West and I know Mercer will be better than West.
PurplePride92 Wrote:What about West Jessamine makes you think they will be at the top of the region? What do you know that we don't? I can see East Jessamine being better than West and I know Mercer will be better than West.

True. Jarrod Polson was great. He made West Jessamine. Without him, I think, they drop considerably.
PurplePride92 Wrote:What about West Jessamine makes you think they will be at the top of the region? What do you know that we don't? I can see East Jessamine being better than West and I know Mercer will be better than West.

I think East and West will be equal this year. I don't see either team being tremendously better than the other like West has been in the past. I think Mercer will be exceptionally well and win that district.
mercer should win district & I agree that Pulaski will win a regional tournament at some point, if they get the Williams kid from McCreary which is rumored cause his mother works in Pulaski, they will make a run at state in 2013.

Read on another site that a 12th region coach is in the running at Dunbar, anyone know who this would be, Steve Adams, Damon Kelley, Chris O'Bryan, those are the only ones i can think of?
Platinum & Gold Wrote:mercer should win district & I agree that Pulaski will win a regional tournament at some point, if they get the Williams kid from McCreary which is rumored cause his mother works in Pulaski, they will make a run at state in 2013.

Read on another site that a 12th region coach is in the running at Dunbar, anyone know who this would be, Steve Adams, Damon Kelley, Chris O'Bryan, those are the only ones i can think of?

They are saying it will be an 11th region assistant coach taking the Dunbar job.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:mercer should win district & I agree that Pulaski will win a regional tournament at some point, if they get the Williams kid from McCreary which is rumored cause his mother works in Pulaski, they will make a run at state in 2013.

They have good players but I just don't think Gover has the know how to win the region championship.
I dont think any of em know what they are talking about.. I think it will be mark Starns get the job.

i think have just throw names out there. But my gues is Starns
Let's get this thing back on topic!
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Let's get this thing back on topic!

:Thumbs:
I'll do 2 districts, for now.

45th District
1) Danville
2) Lincoln County
3) Boyle County
4) Garrard County

46th District
1) Mercer County
2) East Jessamine
3) West Jessamine
4) Burgin

These are my predictions on these 2 districts. I will follow with the others later.
45th

Boyle County
Danville
Lincold County
Garrard County
KSD

46th
Mercer County
East Jessamine
West Jessamine
Burgin

47th
Pulaski County
Casey County
Somerset
Rockcastle County

48th
Wayne County
Southwestern
McCreary Central
Monticello
Platinum & Gold Wrote:45th

Boyle County
Danville
Lincold County
Garrard County
KSD

46th
Mercer County
East Jessamine
West Jessamine
Burgin

47th
Pulaski County
Casey County
Somerset
Rockcastle County

48th
Wayne County
Southwestern
McCreary Central
Monticello

The 48th district could go to Wayne County or Southwestern. Both are going to be alot better than last year.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:45th

Boyle County
Danville
Lincold County
Garrard County
KSD

46th
Mercer County
East Jessamine
West Jessamine
Burgin

47th
Pulaski County
Casey County
Somerset
Rockcastle County

48th
Wayne County
Southwestern
McCreary Central
Monticello

45th
Danville will compete for that region. I give the the pre season advantage.

46th - I like Mercer to win it.

47th will be close - X factor in that region is the rumors about Townsend. If he stays at Somerset i would put them second behind PC in that district. If he leaves move the Jumpers to 4th.

48th - I have SWHS ahead of WC right now for the one spot.
SportzAnimal Wrote::Thumbs:

HAHAHA I could care a less about if Kelley or O'Brien goes to Dunbar. I don't care for either one.
agree it could go to both, i gave edge to wayne county cause they made region this year, played the region champs just as tough as Mercer did in the finals.

McCreary also will be no push over, have Williams and Dixon back, but also add back the kid that will be a junior who tore hsi ACL at start of the year, name slips my mind right now. McCreary County Central will need to get some guard play though and i dont know where it will come from.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:agree it could go to both, i gave edge to wayne county cause they made region this year, played the region champs just as tough as Mercer did in the finals.

McCreary also will be no push over, have Williams and Dixon back, but also add back the kid that will be a junior who tore hsi ACL at start of the year, name slips my mind right now. McCreary County Central will need to get some guard play though and i dont know where it will come from.

I guess Dixon will be running the point this year or I assume anyway (we all know what assume means :blabbermo) I'll agree The Raiders will be no push over but I do look for them to be the 3 seed come February.
Was the Thacker(?) kid from Rockcastle a Sr this year or will he be back?
SportzAnimal Wrote:Was the Thacker(?) kid from Rockcastle a Sr this year or will he be back?

He is a senior.
47th District
1) Pulaski County
2) Casey County
3) Rockcastle County
4) Somerset

48th District
1) Wayne County
2) Southwestern
3) McCreary Central
4) Monticello