Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Interesting random information!!
In the early 1990s, a scientific model for spinal-cord injury was created. It is composed of taking an animal, normally a rat, and laying it on its belly. The back is shaved, and a laminectomy is performed. Basically, this is a procedure where the bone from a short length of the back of the spine is removed, exposing the spinal cord. Then, a 10-gram rod is suspended above the spinal cord at a height of either 12.5, 25, or 50 millimeters and it is then dropped.

This drop results in a contusion on the rat's spinal column resulting in paralyzed muscles and blocked sensations. The location and severity of the damage depends on the site of the block and the height of the drop, resulting in the behaviorial changes being reproducable.

Hydrogen Fluoride (or Hydrofluoric acid) is quite dangerous because it doesn't burn or feel painful in any way when you first get it on your skin, thus making people prone to ignore it and not bother washing it off. But after a certain period of time it soaks down into the skin and leaves disgusting, horrible, disfiguring, and (I think) eventually very painful acid burns.
[size=9]Posted 21 Jan 2005 01:48 am:

A Hummingbird is lighter than a penny.
Holding a dead battery over a flame can get some extra juice out of it, not much but good for small emergencies.
If you have a small hole in your radiator, crack, and put an egg white/yolk into the top and let the engine run. The leak will soon stop and you have a temporary fix!
If you were to be on the ergosphere of a rotating black hole, the gravity would be so strong that you would actually see the back of your own head looking straight ahead

The word 'Banana' contains 3 different letters.
In India it's commonly believed that drinking urine has numerous health benifits.
I have 2 warer bottles sitting next to my bed :lol:

Posted Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:42 pm:

Oh wait....i thought that it just said random...didn't think that it had to be interesting....
Beef Wrote:I have 2 warer bottles sitting next to my bed :lol:

Posted Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:42 pm:

Oh wait....i thought that it just said random...didn't think that it had to be interesting....

LOL!! Thats a good idea though, Ill add interest to it.."water bottles" :lol:
Shew....can't type....:?
Once again beef is trying to type touching things lol
streethoopz Wrote:If you were to be on the ergosphere of a rotating black hole, the gravity would be so strong that you would actually see the back of your own head looking straight ahead

The word 'Banana' contains 3 different letters.

Thats freaky!
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Once again beef is trying to type touching things lol
HEY!!!! keep that between us....
Beef Wrote:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Once again beef is trying to type touching things lol
HEY!!!! keep that between us....

Hahah..... Cap_PDT_0: PDT_003
Contrary to popular belief. Cantaloupes DO have legs. I have a bottle of Aquafina on my desk. I like penguins. So Co.

There are two footballs in my window. Color of this pen is r-r-r-r-blue.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Contrary to popular belief. Cantaloupes DO have legs. I have a bottle of Aquafina on my desk. I like penguins. So Co.

There are two footballs in my window. Color of this pen is r-r-r-r-blue.

:lol: :lol:
The lead pencil was originally invented to counter nuclear warheads during the Cold War.

Yes, Im a liar.
Elmars Glue can be used as face cleaner.
peanut butter cleans scratched CD`s.
Kool-aid can clean your drains.
Orange juice conditions your skin. lot of things i bet you guys didnt know.
Hip-hop Box Wrote:Elmars Glue can be used as face cleaner.
peanut butter cleans scratched CD`s.
Kool-aid can clean your drains.
Orange juice conditions your skin. lot of things i bet you guys didnt know.

Interesting stuff!! I might think twice before I give my boys draino to drink again..oops i mean kool aid.. Now thats scary :oops:
Yea,Coke can clean out your tube. that sum strong pop.