Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EKU Scrimmage at Hazard's Daniel Field
Eastern KY University's football team will be doing a maroon/white scrimmage at Hazard's Daniel Field this Saturday, April 10 at 2 pm. Players will sign autographs and take pictures after the scrimmage for fans. Come out and support the Colonels and meet head coach Dean Hood. Admission will be $2. All elementary, flag, biddy league and high school teams are welcome to attend.
Great to see. I hope to be there. Go Colonels!!!!
This is awesome!!

Does anyone know why Hazard was chosen for the scrimmage, I know they have great facilities.

Why isnt EKU having this game at EKU?
EKU"s final spring game will be on April 25th at EKU. My guess is that this is a chance to get more exposure of their program to the area by having one of its scrimmages here in the mountains. EKU has been signing some mountain kids recently (Banks-LCC, Delpont and Fugate-HHS, Watkins-Corbin). By getting out into different areas of the state the Colonels will enhance their fan base as well. I see it as a win-win for all involved.
Great gesture for EKU to bring the program out into the region. I love seeing this kind of stuff go on. Hopefully UK would do something similar but I just do not see that happening.
There's some pictures here.... http://community.webshots.com/album/5772...qF?start=0
Thanks for the picks!! That is really cool.
Did Banks get to play? Is he playing safety?
Played on special teams and got several reps at safety as well. Defense looked very good
Why is EKU not in EKY?

What Geographics major decided to make Eastern Kentucky, 10 min south from the University of Kentucky?
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:There's some pictures here.... http://community.webshots.com/album/5772...qF?start=0

Thanks for sharing the pictures. They were awesome.:worthy:
The Iceboxx Wrote:Why is EKU not in EKY?

What Geographics major decided to make Eastern Kentucky, 10 min south from the University of Kentucky?

I think it was a UK Geography major more than likely. Who cares? EKU rules!!!!
My above statement was a joke. I like UK. My brother went there for 6 years. He almost graduated too. So if I offended any UK fans I apologize. It was a joke.