Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Cameras
I got a digital camera for Christmas, I figutred out how to work the camera easily and I installed the software and plugged the usb cable into the computer and connected it to the camera but when I went to get pictures off my camera it said that it couldn't detect a connection and to retry and I have installed and uninstalled the software like 5 times and plugged and unplugged the usb cable and it still wont work...does anyone have any advice for how I can get this to work...I currently have the software and everything unplugged and uninstalled and as for the camera itself it laying across my room in the floor because I got so aggervaited with it that I'm tempted to throw it away.
restart and then reinstall, then see what it says, also when you plug your camera in to your usb port, and are ready to download, make sure your camera is on.
i espically made sure the camera was on and my computer restarted twice while it was downloading....the book that came with it said something about when you plug in the usb and connect it to the camera a window will pop up ro download pictures from the camera but it never did... it kept saying cannot detect camera
What kind of camera is it?
it's a Canon PowerShot A410
have u tried using different usb ports...my camera used to do that...then i just tried a different usb port and it said camera detected.
I havent yet but then again it's still laying across my room...lol...I'm going to try to fight with it again today and see what happens.
aight...good luck
thankx... i'm hoping it works...
Don't know much about those cameras but just try different things.

Check the box that it came in and make sure that it is compatible with the Windows that you have.
Alternate USB ports.
Try turning on the camera and keeping it plugging in while you are installing.
I tried everything and it wont work...I'm just going to take the laptop with me over the weekend and try to see if someone can figure it out.....geesh this camera is more trouble than it's worth!
I hear that.

Sorry about your luck and that I can't help, I've just never had that problem.
it sucks...
Sure does.
I have a kodak easyshare and to download pictures it has to be turned OFF....strange I know.
What kind of EasyShare?

I have an EasyShare CD40 and mine doesn't...

I turn my on and hit the Share button and it loads it to my computer..
I have the DX6490 and daughter has the C3310....both are turned off when downloading pics to puter.
YAY! I finally got it...I tried once again on the laptop (which is what I use all the time) and on the downstairs computer and finally on my crappy desktop thats in my room and it finally worked on the desktop so yay!