Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK offers Jarrod Polson a "preferred walk-on" spot
Finally, reports are that UK offer Jarrod Polson of West Jessamine a “preferred walk-on” spot after his last pickup games with the team. Polson gives the team a good guard to play against, and a shooter, something that was hard to replicate in practice last year. Below is a compilation highlight video of the kid his Senior season…definitely worth a watch:

Link
Welcome aboard Jarrod..Assuming he accepts
I don't think he turns that down...
Every Kentucky boy, that isn't an All-American with all sorts of D-1 choices, dreams of playing at UK. I think he accepts it and plays sparingly at the beginning of the season but could actually come in and hit a few shots by the end.
Congrats to him either way!
Congrats Jarrod! Welcome to BBN...
Jarrod is on a College Visit To Liberty Right Now
Does he have any other offers?
Seems I read earlier he would accept a walk-on role.
I wonder if he can get an academic scholly to UK next year. I think that it is a good pick up for Cal and makes even more of a connection with the state.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Liberty is the only D1 college that has offered him from my understanding.
How fitting would it be, Elisha Justice, and Polson go at it both dropping 30+ in the Sweet 16, and both now accepting walk on spots to UK and UofL....How weird is it that Elisha Justice played for a blue team in HS, and will play for a Red team in college. Jarrod Polson played for a red team in HS, and might play for a blue team in college.

I said all along though , despite what Trinity and Holmes folk think, Polson was the second best senior in KY. He deserves a chance to earn his time at UK. Cal has seriously trying to add some shooting ability after that performance in the Elite 8...from slashers Bledsoe and Wall...to shooters like Knight, Lamb and Polson.
Polson hasn't accepted the walk-on offer yet folks, he just recently received an offer from Liberty, and that may be one to hard to turn down.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Polson hasn't accepted the walk-on offer yet folks, he just recently received an offer from Liberty, and that may be one to hard to turn down.

Yeah, I know where youre coming , paid college is aweful pretty.

but think about it, this kid Went to West Jess. If hes got a good arm, he can throw and hit rupp with a rock. Did you see that first game of the sweet 16...theyre were so many West Jess fans there, it was hard to get a decent seat.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Yeah, I know where youre coming , paid college is aweful pretty.

but think about it, this kid Went to West Jess. If hes got a good arm, he can throw and hit rupp with a rock. Did you see that first game of the sweet 16...theyre were so many West Jess fans there, it was hard to get a decent seat.

Polson is a big-time UK fan.

He lives in Nicholasville and you're right, it's probably only 20 mins away from Lexington, if that. But a full-scholarship will be tough for him to turn down.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised either way though.
Is it not true that Polson is a Governor Scholar? That being said, he receives a full scholly to any college in KY, right? So, he doesn't need an athletic scholarship when he has an academic scholarship.... His college is paid for any which way he decides to go
SportzAnimal Wrote:Is it not true that Polson is a Governor Scholar? That being said, he receives a full scholly to any college in KY, right? So, he doesn't need an athletic scholarship when he has an academic scholarship.... His college is paid for any which way he decides to go

I think that is perfect. I am sure that he will have the academic scholly to offset the walkon position.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Iceboxx Wrote:How fitting would it be, Elisha Justice, and Polson go at it both dropping 30+ in the Sweet 16, and both now accepting walk on spots to UK and UofL....How weird is it that Elisha Justice played for a blue team in HS, and will play for a Red team in college. Jarrod Polson played for a red team in HS, and might play for a blue team in college.

I said all along though , despite what Trinity and Holmes folk think, Polson was the second best senior in KY. He deserves a chance to earn his time at UK. Cal has seriously trying to add some shooting ability after that performance in the Elite 8...from slashers Bledsoe and Wall...to shooters like Knight, Lamb and Polson.

Knight dosen't shoot the ball well at all, don't know that much about Lamb's outside shooting abilities. I think the jury is still out on both these players as shooters.
congrats young man
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
kyrifle Wrote:Knight dosen't shoot the ball well at all, don't know that much about Lamb's outside shooting abilities. I think the jury is still out on both these players as shooters.

What???

Knight shot 40% (97-240) from 3 this past season at Pine Crest.

If that's not good, then I simply do not know what is, especially for someone who attempts 240 of them.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What???

Knight shot 40% (97-240) from 3 this past season at Pine Crest.

If that's not good, then I simply do not know what is, especially for someone who attempts 240 of them.

I don't care what he shot in high school games this season, but the two all star games I saw him in he couldn't hit a bull in the but with a bass fiddle. He shot terrible in the McDonalds game against much lesser competition he'll face in the SEC. He'll have to prove he can shoot before I jump on his band wagon. He's a point guard, so I don't look for many three's from him. Just get the ball where it needs to be and he'll be fine.
hes a great player
Congrats on the offer, and hopefully he accepts. That being said he doesnt look a day older than 13 in those videos.
kyrifle Wrote:I don't care what he shot in high school games this season, but the two all star games I saw him in he couldn't hit a bull in the but with a bass fiddle. He shot terrible in the McDonalds game against much lesser competition he'll face in the SEC. He'll have to prove he can shoot before I jump on his band wagon. He's a point guard, so I don't look for many three's from him. Just get the ball where it needs to be and he'll be fine.

So you dont care what he shot during the regular season but u base his skills on 2 games? WHAT?
kyrifle Wrote:I don't care what he shot in high school games this season, but the two all star games I saw him in he couldn't hit a bull in the but with a bass fiddle. He shot terrible in the McDonalds game against much lesser competition he'll face in the SEC. He'll have to prove he can shoot before I jump on his band wagon. He's a point guard, so I don't look for many three's from him. Just get the ball where it needs to be and he'll be fine.

You make no sense...im laughing at what you write.

You base your opinion on both Lamb, and Knight on what you saw at really one game the entire season....and also...you believe the Mcdonads ALL AMERICAN game, and The Jordan Brand ALL AMERICAN game have lesser competition than the SEC.....LMFAO>

The SEC is the second worst major confrece theyre is....I Love UK but come on....the sec is not good at basketball.

I would take

Knight-UK
Selby -KU
Harrison Barnes - UNC
Terrance Jones -???
Jared Sullinger. - OSU

VS.

The best 5 in the SEC next season.

Which will be

Knight-UK
Scotty Hopson-UT
Murphey Holloway-OLE Miss
Trey Thompins-UGA
Tobias Harris-UT

Sorry dude, im taking the Mcdonalds ALL Americans in that game. Lamb is a shooter, that what he does....Knight is not Wall...hes a passer and shooter
Ooh. The Knight vs Knight matchup in that game would be intriguing..... lol
The Iceboxx Wrote:You make no sense...im laughing at what you write.

You base your opinion on both Lamb, and Knight on what you saw at really one game the entire season....and also...you believe the Mcdonads ALL AMERICAN game, and The Jordan Brand ALL AMERICAN game have lesser competition than the SEC.....LMFAO>

The SEC is the second worst major confrece theyre is....I Love UK but come on....the sec is not good at basketball.

I would take

Knight-UK
Selby -KU
Harrison Barnes - UNC
Terrance Jones -???
Jared Sullinger. - OSU

VS.

The best 5 in the SEC next season.

Which will be

Knight-UK
Scotty Hopson-UT
Murphey Holloway-OLE Miss
Trey Thompins-UGA
Tobias Harris-UT

Sorry dude, im taking the Mcdonalds ALL Americans in that game. Lamb is a shooter, that what he does....Knight is not Wall...hes a passer and shooter

LYFAO all you want DUDE, if you think the 2 all star games Knight played in has the competition of the SEC you're living in a bubble. I hope Knight brings an offensive presence to UK that hasn't been seen since Rex Chapman. I don't think his shooting ability in high school will transfer to the college game. I hope it would, but that's a lot to ask for an incoming freshman with a lot of hype to do that well. I'm a UK fan and have been since 1958 and want only the best for this program. When I see some people on this site that think they know everything about this game and how every player UK signs is going to be the best player ever it makes me wonder just how good at evaluating talent some people are. Just because someone dosen't agree with everything that is said on here dosen't make them less a UK fan than anyone else.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:So you dont care what he shot during the regular season but u base his skills on 2 games? WHAT?

WHAT? If you think for one minute that this kid is going to take over a college game in the SEC like he did in high school you're going to have a long and frustrating upcoming season. Let's just hope he has a good season and gets the ball to where it needs to be and the team wins the game.
kyrifle.....lol u sound like you know nothing about basketball
the#1Balla Wrote:kyrifle.....lol u sound like you know nothing about basketball

I was wrong once, I think it was 75 or some where in there.
awesome
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]