Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 #1 PG Marquis Teague commits to Kentucky
Teague chose Kentucky over the ville.....#2 player and #1 point guard in 2011 class:flame:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eerrpbv7rec"]YouTube- Marquis Teague Summer Mix: Top Guard in Class of 2011[/nomedia]
No surprise here...Yes id love to have Teague at louisville but with the success that cal has had with PG's....I find it no surprise....this is possible 5 PG's in the 4 years in the 1st round....Congrats...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
This really just topped my day off though lol....but can teague still decommit?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Yes!
Best news of the week. GO CATS
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruitin...id=5125695
Here is alink for Teague and his relations with Coach Cal! He simply chose Uk cause Cals production with PG's...I dont blame him....If i were #1 PG i would go to Cal...Not really but i dont blame him...Cal has that ability to link with the young players and lure them into playing for him...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Great day to be a Wildcat but the Cards will be alright in the long run.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
People have no clue how big of a blow this is to Pitino. Until the whole 4-6 month period where Pitino "mysteriously vanished" last year Teague was all but certain to be a Cardinal. Ironically, that time period was the same time UK hired Calipari, Pitino lost Tyler overseas, and Fab Melo went from a Louisville lock to a Syracuse commit.

People can say what they want, but there is absolutely no denying that Pitino's transgressions off the court and the fallout that ensued didn't ultimately become an ends to a mean and start this downward spiral.

Instead of UL having Tyler and Melo on their way next year, and potentially the best recruiting class in school history the following, now UL is coming off a disappointment of a season, losing their best player to the draft unexpectedly, have a marginal class at best coming in, and next year's class has now lost it's center piece and their 5* Center in a week's time.
Kentucky is where kids want to go, and Louisville is little brother
IMO i think Cal needs to work on next year. Work on 2011-2012 during freetime in the season. Quit talking to Gilchrest or Teague and start visiting Jones, Leslie, and Ross.
My boss made a prediction today that in 3 years you would not be able to watch uk basketball they would be in such a scandal...i dont know about all that but i really think something is up here though
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
^ By this point I really don't see why Coach Cal would have to break any rules to get recruits. I mean, he has had such a long line of talent now, he should just be able to line em all up and pick which ones he wants. He can't help it if the players accept something from someone that he does not know about...he can't be held responsible and therefore shouldn't.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:^ By this point I really don't see why Coach Cal would have to break any rules to get recruits. I mean, he has had such a long line of talent now, he should just be able to line em all up and pick which ones he wants. He can't help it if the players accept something from someone that he does not know about...he can't be held responsible and therefore shouldn't.

His teams have also had a line of getting caught up in recruiting violations as well
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:My boss made a prediction today that in 3 years you would not be able to watch uk basketball they would be in such a scandal...i dont know about all that but i really think something is up here though

A few things to realize:

- Don't you think the NCAA is watching Coach Cal like a hawk because of his "past"?

- If you're one of the top players in your class and Cal offers you, why would you not want to go to UK (especially if you're a point guard)?

- I can see scandals at Memphis and UMass (those two were absolute no-name schools before Cal got there), but not UK. Cal has everything he needs here to recruit under the strict guidelines of the NCAA.

- The violations that have been on Cal's watch were both because of this William "World Wide Wes" Wesley character. I don't know if Cal still associates with him, if he has anything to do with the recruits UK is getting, or whatever and we may never know. But what we do know is that World Wide Wes paid Camby when he was at UMass and that Derrick Rose took his ACT in Detroit (where Wesley lives) and Wes obviously had something to do with that. You really can't blame Cal for his "past" in my opinion (Pat Forde).

- Gilchrist had been talking about wanting to play under Coach Cal at Memphis since he was 13.

- Teague is a point guard.

- Brandon Knight is a point guard.

- Cal just has a "knack" at getting recruits, players, fans, or whoever he wants to buy into what he wants to do and believe in it.
Things are already going on in Lexington, just has not came out yet, like Eric B. I saw on two other sites that his going pro has something to do with his ACT SCORES,and it would be come ouy very soon.
ballcrazy Wrote:Things are already going on in Lexington, just has not came out yet, like Eric B. I saw on two other sites that his going pro has something to do with his ACT SCORES,and it would be come ouy very soon.

heard the same thing about he and bledsoe froma reliable source
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
ballcrazy Wrote:Things are already going on in Lexington, just has not came out yet, like Eric B. I saw on two other sites that his going pro has something to do with his ACT SCORES,and it would be come ouy very soon.

His going pro has everything to do with being the 2nd point guard going in the draft. Can you say LOTTERY PICK?:worthy:The Wildcat fans thank you Eric for a great year.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:A few things to realize:

- Don't you think the NCAA is watching Coach Cal like a hawk because of his "past"?

- If you're one of the top players in your class and Cal offers you, why would you not want to go to UK (especially if you're a point guard)?

- I can see scandals at Memphis and UMass (those two were absolute no-name schools before Cal got there), but not UK. Cal has everything he needs here to recruit under the strict guidelines of the NCAA.

- The violations that have been on Cal's watch were both because of this William "World Wide Wes" Wesley character. I don't know if Cal still associates with him, if he has anything to do with the recruits UK is getting, or whatever and we may never know. But what we do know is that World Wide Wes paid Camby when he was at UMass and that Derrick Rose took his ACT in Detroit (where Wesley lives) and Wes obviously had something to do with that. You really can't blame Cal for his "past" in my opinion (Pat Forde).

- Gilchrist had been talking about wanting to play under Coach Cal at Memphis since he was 13.

- Cal just has a "knack" at getting recruits, players, fans, or whoever he wants to buy into what he wants to do and believe in it.

:Thumbs::notworthy:
I could not agree more with this entire post. Cal doesn't need nor want to break the rules at UK. I doubt, as ODM 43 pointed out, that any of the violations were his fault anyways. Cal has everything he needs...he won't break the rules.
Cal's had a shady past, it hard to trust him.

That's a weak excuse. Cmon man.
^ Why is that weak? Cal, at the beginning of his tenure at those two schools, probably had to do everything in his power just to get any decent ball player to consider those schools. At UK, he has a top D-1 school with a rich history and a very promising future with a whole set a commitments from great ball players. Evey future recruit should realize that there are hardly any negatives when coming to UK...We are top of the line.
^Just because he was at programs that were not of the quality that UK is does not give him the right to cheat. So every coach that's not at a traditional power should cheat to get to the top? I'm just saying, that's a weak excuse for the recruiting violations.
You guys know that duke and north carolina's coach roy williams have commited violations but nothing was ever made of it because the NCAA plays favorites.

cough - Eddie Sutton - cough

:please::zzz:
Ville,

You do know Pitino hired Teague's former coach as an assistant?

You do know that the driving force behind why UL scheduled a game in Indianapolis was Teague?

I have to do this about every 6 months for you...so please try to keep up. But here is your link that you always need to refer back to:

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/05/24/sports...gewanted=1

Once again the question that you never address:

"Between Calipari and Pitino only one coach has had NCAA infractions for recruiting directly against him and not just his players individual actions. Which coach is it?"

You don't have sources.... end of story.
theVILLE Wrote:heard the same thing about he and bledsoe froma reliable source

Name your source's affiliation?

This is nothing but a shear rumor.

"I have a reliable source that says the reason Samuels declared for the Draft is because Pitino had an affair with his girlfriend and got her pregnant"

Every bit as founded as your claim and at the same time every bit as false.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Ville,

You do know Pitino hired Teague's former coach as an assistant?

You do know that the driving force behind why UL scheduled a game in Indianapolis was Teague?

I have to do this about every 6 months for you...so please try to keep up. But here is your link that you always need to refer back to:

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/05/24/sports...gewanted=1

Once again the question that you never address:

"Between Calipari and Pitino only one coach has had NCAA infractions for recruiting directly against him and not just his players individual actions. Which coach is it?"

You don't have sources.... end of story.

Actually For some reason every team CAl coaches he leaves them in trouble or some kind of recruiting violation! That is a fact!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Name your source's affiliation?

This is nothing but a shear rumor.

"I have a reliable source that says the reason Samuels declared for the Draft is because Pitino had an affair with his girlfriend and got her pregnant"

Every bit as founded as your claim and at the same time every bit as false.

It is a rumor but it become true and from the sources i heard this from it is most likely true
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You guys know that duke and north carolina's coach roy williams have commited violations but nothing was ever made of it because the NCAA plays favorites.

plays favorites? really...I think if favorites are played toward anybody Uk and kansas has to be thrown in there with them
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote::please::zzz:

What does Eddie Sutton have to do with John Calipari?