Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 #1 PG Marquis Teague commits to Kentucky
outdoorsman43 Wrote:A few things to realize:

- Don't you think the NCAA is watching Coach Cal like a hawk because of his "past"?

- If you're one of the top players in your class and Cal offers you, why would you not want to go to UK (especially if you're a point guard)?

- I can see scandals at Memphis and UMass (those two were absolute no-name schools before Cal got there), but not UK. Cal has everything he needs here to recruit under the strict guidelines of the NCAA.

- The violations that have been on Cal's watch were both because of this William "World Wide Wes" Wesley character. I don't know if Cal still associates with him, if he has anything to do with the recruits UK is getting, or whatever and we may never know. But what we do know is that World Wide Wes paid Camby when he was at UMass and that Derrick Rose took his ACT in Detroit (where Wesley lives) and Wes obviously had something to do with that. You really can't blame Cal for his "past" in my opinion (Pat Forde).

- Gilchrist had been talking about wanting to play under Coach Cal at Memphis since he was 13.

- Teague is a point guard.

- Brandon Knight is a point guard.

- Cal just has a "knack" at getting recruits, players, fans, or whoever he wants to buy into what he wants to do and believe in it.

That's a weak excuse. Cmon man.
Messages In This Thread
2011 #1 PG Marquis Teague commits to Kentucky - by Aslan - 04-23-2010, 12:23 AM