Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 #1 PG Marquis Teague commits to Kentucky
theVILLE Wrote:His teams have also had a line of getting caught up in recruiting violations as well

Aslan Wrote:Cal's had a shady past, it hard to trust him.

theVILLE Wrote:Actually For some reason every team CAl coaches he leaves them in trouble or some kind of recruiting violation! That is a fact!

Aslan Wrote:No matter how you look at it, Cal has a shady past and a final four banner taken away from Memphis and UMASS. Will the same happen to UK? I hope not, but there's a chance.

I see here a big bunch of rhetoric, but no real facts.

Let's see, Calipari's teams having recruting violations and having final fours stripped because of it. Really? Where? All I see were two instances of the NCAA voiding games because of an ineligible player, but no mention of recruiting violations.

At UMass, Camby took money from an agent during the season, at which point he was no longer an amateur and thus UMass' run to the Final Four was nullified for using a player later deemed to be ineligible. Not exactly Calipari's fault, and I would love for someone to tell me how he could have prevented this from happening, short of monitoring Camby's whereabouts 24/7.

At Memphis, Rose had his college entrance test voided by the testing service after the season was over, for allegedly having someone else take the test for him. The NCAA retroactively ruled him ineligible, which voided all of Memphis' victories that year including the Final Four trip. Once again not Calipari's fault, and I would love for someone to tell me how he could have prevented this one, short of volunteering to proctor the exam room Rose was in himself.

Once again, as has been mentioned earlier on this thread, Calipari has NEVER been implicated by the NCAA for any wrongdoing. Is he a saint, no, but I don't think he does things any differently than any other big-time college coaches, including Pitino, Roy Williams, Coach K, Bill Self, or whoever.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
2011 #1 PG Marquis Teague commits to Kentucky - by More Cowbell - 04-26-2010, 04:35 PM