Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Rumor) Cody Varney no longer on Shelby Valley's baseball team!
Just heard that Cody Varney is no longer on the SV Baseball team. Can anyone else confirm this? If true, this is not good for the already struggling SV baseball program.
Hustle Wrote:Just heard that Cody Varney is no longer on the SV Baseball team. Can anyone else confirm this? If true, this is not good for the already struggling SV baseball program.

as far as i know this is true
YES he quit after trying to fight one of his team mates in the dug out......
Really, where did you get that information? I heard he was taking up for a team mate !!!
No matter why he quit. This is the end of Shelby valleys season. It just keeps getting worst.
Pikeville might beat them by 20+ in the district tourney now
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Pikeville might beat them by 20+ in the district tourney now

Pikeville will win by as many as they want
I heard he was trying to tell the coach how to run the team and trying to stir trouble when it was none of his business. Of course he is a good athlete, but his mouth and attitude over run his athleticism every time. I hate that he isn't playing his senior year, but the team can't get much worse. Good luck to him and the rest of the boys at valley!
allsports4 Wrote:I heard he was trying to tell the coach how to run the team and trying to stir trouble when it was none of his business. Of course he is a good athlete, but his mouth and attitude over run his athleticism every time. I hate that he isn't playing his senior year, but the team can't get much worse. Good luck to him and the rest of the boys at valley!

Someone needs to run the team becaze the coach sure cant.
wasnt he looking at a baseball scholarship?
Mr.cold Wrote:Someone needs to run the team becaze the coach sure cant.

Truer words have never been spoken. Tyler Ratliff is an absolute joke of a coach, and I would say he has lost this team, but you have to have their respect in the first place to lose a team. SV is an absolute joke and you can tell Coach Ratliff thanks for that next time you see him. I know I sure will! Ol' F.D. Johnson deserves some credit for this mess too by keeping him as the coach.
Coach Ratliff is a really good coach, at least he cared enough about the team to take the job when F.D. Johnson couldn't find anybody else to take it.....Some of the boys have improved since last year. Just because they have lost a lot of games doesn't make the coach bad..or any one player bad....he can't go out there and play for them......there are some people on the team who give up after the 3rd inning...and then you have players that give 110% through the whole thing.....then you have some that just quit the team...or don't care enough about the game becasue it isn't basketball....
BLUEGRASS HEARTBEAT Wrote:Coach Ratliff is a really good coach, at least he cared enough about the team to take the job when F.D. Johnson couldn't find anybody else to take it.....Some of the boys have improved since last year. Just because they have lost a lot of games doesn't make the coach bad..or any one player bad....he can't go out there and play for them......there are some people on the team who give up after the 3rd inning...and then you have players that give 110% through the whole thing.....then you have some that just quit the team...or don't care enough about the game becasue it isn't basketball....

A really good coach based on what?

They could have dug up somebody else besides him. He don't even have anything to do with the school!

Its up to the coach to keep his team under control, and it is his fault that he gets no respect. He shows no authority and any knowledge of baseball, so it is very difficult for the players to look up to him at all.
well obviously u have no idea what u are talking about Confusedhh:
i have never tried to run the team. never once did i tell coach what to do or anything. Coach was jumping on a player when he had no idea what happened..so i took up for jake (the one he was jumping onto)...he told me i could sit on the bench with the other two boys....all i was tryin to do is fill him in on what happened considering he was the third base coach and seen nothing that went on...he told me to sit with them....
But im working now making money and i still have about 6 scholarships to choose from so im not in too bad of shape...including a baseball to uva wise...good luck to the team though. ill still be supporting u all in every sport.!!!Especially baseball!!!

allsports4 Wrote:I heard he was trying to tell the coach how to run the team and trying to stir trouble when it was none of his business. Of course he is a good athlete, but his mouth and attitude over run his athleticism every time. I hate that he isn't playing his senior year, but the team can't get much worse. Good luck to him and the rest of the boys at valley!
cody-varney Wrote:well obviously u have no idea what u are talking about Confusedhh:
i have never tried to run the team. never once did i tell coach what to do or anything. Coach was jumping on a player when he had no idea what happened..so i took up for jake (the one he was jumping onto)...he told me i could sit on the bench with the other two boys....all i was tryin to do is fill him in on what happened considering he was the third base coach and seen nothing that went on...he told me to sit with them....
But im working now making money and i still have about 6 scholarships to choose from so im not in too bad of shape...including a baseball to uva wise...good luck to the team though. ill still be supporting u all in every sport.!!!Especially baseball!!!

Thanks for getting on here and clearing it up for everyone and good luck on what ever you pick to do
I'm sure the team misses your presence........Good Luck Cody!
your welcome..i went and toured uva wise today for baseball (where id really like to go)....they dont give athletic scholarships...but they said that i could walk on and maybe get near 2500 the next cpl years if i stuck with it....but idk what to do im in a bind...
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Is this Cody?

[Image: http://inlinethumb34.webshots.com/18657/...500Q85.jpg]

yep that would be him
Strikeout King Wrote:yep that would be him

Thanks. I talked to his dad when they played here in Hazard and he seemed like a real nice guy.