Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats happening with the Paintsville program?
:redboxer:A coach attacks a parent tonight at the game. During last years season an assistant tried to fight with a player who now attends college also at a game. Does this surprise anyone but me ? I thought all of the previous posts about the team over the last few years was just jealousy but now the true colors are coming out. I think their needs to be a clean sweep from top to bottom. Bring in someone who has no relation ties to the team. :please:
UncleFester Wrote::redboxer:A coach attacks a parent tonight at the game. During last years season an assistant tried to fight with a player who now attends college also at a game. Does this surprise anyone but me ? I thought all of the previous posts about the team over the last few years was just jealousy but now the true colors are coming out. I think their needs to be a clean sweep from top to bottom. Bring in someone who has no relation ties to the team. :please:

You know what...there is one thing that is right about your name.....and that is "FESTER"!

"We have no such problem with the Paintsville program...."
[ame="http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?p=997837#post997837"]Coaches' Attitudes - Kentucky Sports Forum - BlueGrassRivals[/ame]

If you don't know the whole story or have anything to do with the program....be quiet!

I didn't see a thing. But, from what I have heard.....I love them ALL....BUT, I would be in jail tonight!

Do I agree with everything coach does...nope. Would he agree with everything I would do as a coach.....NOPE! WHY....cause we are human! DID this loss bother me...yes! Did this loss bother every single person there tonight, including coach...YES!

Tonight's ordeal....we just need to move on and get ready for the post season. Cause that is what this is all about!
Like I have always said...As a coach...do what you feel in your heart and live and die by it! That way you have no-one to blame but yourself if you fail. BUT, you know that you did it your way.

GO TIGERS! You boys are great and I LOVE you ALL! Time to look straight ahead and play for the LOVE OF THE GAME !!!!!!!!

SHUT them ALL UP!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
someone close this there no right for this to be an thread
Emotions can get the best of all of us at times.
OffTheHook Wrote:You know what...there is one thing that is right about your name.....and that is "FESTER"!

"We have no such problem with the Paintsville program...."
Coaches' Attitudes - Kentucky Sports Forum - BlueGrassRivals

If you don't know the whole story or have anything to do with the program....be quiet!

I didn't see a thing. But, from what I have heard
.....I love them ALL....BUT, I would be in jail tonight!

Do I agree with everything coach does...nope. Would he agree with everything I would do as a coach.....NOPE! WHY....cause we are human! DID this loss bother me...yes! Did this loss bother every single person there tonight, including coach...YES!

Tonight's ordeal....we just need to move on and get ready for the post season. Cause that is what this is all about!
Like I have always said...As a coach...do what you feel in your heart and live and die by it! That way you have no-one to blame but yourself if you fail. BUT, you know that you did it your way.

GO TIGERS! You boys are great and I LOVE you ALL! Time to look straight ahead and play for the LOVE OF THE GAME !!!!!!!!

SHUT them ALL UP!!!!

That the pot calling the kettle black......:please:
Can some one just tell us what happened then? The story I heard was from a kid on the team. He said the kid pitching met his pitch count like 120 and was pulled. Said Paintsville was up like 6-1 when the kid was pulled. Then after the game he said the kids dad was upset about them pulling his son. End result Paintsville ended up getting beat. Honestly, had Paintsville held on for the win this would have probably never been an issue.
Again, I was not there and did not witness anything. If someone could please clear the air and tell us what happened it would be great. I would like to know and would specifically like to hear it from some one who was in attendance.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Emotions can get the best of all of us at times.

should coaches not have thicker skins than parents, if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen. :dontthink
Yes, but at the same time Parents need to remember that they are simply that, PARENTS. Regardless of if they do or do not like a coach's decision what they think really doesn't matter. Im sure every parent would be ticked, if all the coach's began showing up at their work and telling them everything they are doing wrong and tried to tell them how to do their job. Coaching in high school sports is a job. there comes a point in time when enough is enough. Sounds like Tucker had heard all he was going to hear.
UncleFester Wrote:That the pot calling the kettle black......:please:

LOL...Buddy you are the one getting on here and talking about the Kids and coaches, in every sport, in just about everything you post.
All someone has to do is look at all your post and they can see that.

This thread needs closed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:Can some one just tell us what happened then? The story I heard was from a kid on the team. He said the kid pitching met his pitch count like 120 and was pulled. Said Paintsville was up like 6-1 when the kid was pulled. Then after the game he said the kids dad was upset about them pulling his son. End result Paintsville ended up getting beat. Honestly, had Paintsville held on for the win this would have probably never been an issue.
Again, I was not there and did not witness anything. If someone could please clear the air and tell us what happened it would be great. I would like to know and would specifically like to hear it from some one who was in attendance.

That's not the case. His dad was right next to me and agreed when his son was pulled. He knew he was tired and needed to be pulled. So that's not the case what so ever.
I can't tell you what happened though. I was in my vehicle on the phone with a buddy of mine, who's newborn son is in the hospital and I was checking on him. By the time I got out of the vehicle, what ever had happened was all over. So I have no clue as to what happened. Just hear say.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Its sad that high school kids have to see this kind of behavior. The coach's need to coach, the parent's need to cheer and the coach's need to keep them selves separated from the parent before, after, and during ball games. The coach needs to stay on the field, the parents in the stands, then after games the kids and parents need to leave.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:Yes, but at the same time Parents need to remember that they are simply that, PARENTS. Regardless of if they do or do not like a coach's decision what they think really doesn't matter. Im sure every parent would be ticked, if all the coach's began showing up at their work and telling them everything they are doing wrong and tried to tell them how to do their job. Coaching in high school sports is a job. there comes a point in time when enough is enough. Sounds like Tucker had heard all he was going to hear.

so the message relayed to kids here is if you disagree with someone, punch them in the mouth.
No that absolutely is not the message. A coach and parent really should never interact before or after a ball game. What I am saying is that is seems like every since Tucker has been there its been nothing but trouble. I meant that this must have just been the straw that broke the camels back and he just couldn't take it anymore.
I AM NOT AGREEING WITH THE BEHAVIOR LET ME MAKE THAT KNOWN. It was not professional and not the example I would want my kids to see or be around.
UncleFester Wrote:so the message relayed to kids here is if you disagree with someone, punch them in the mouth.
I believe all he's saying is it's always good to put "yourself in someone else's shoes"...... coaching is a lot harder than what it looks, i'm glad i don't have to make some of the decisions they make..... violence should never occur between coaches and parents, but parents need to realize they've got the kids best interest at heart, some parents need to remember that....i'm not condoning what happened, its just sad to see....maybe if you put yourself in that coaches shoes you may have a little more compassion, that's my opinion though...
People should never go on hearsay. If you honestly weren't there and didn't see it or hear it, then don't keep talking about it. You will hear a different story from everyone you talk to. It is going to get so blown out of proportion, that you won't know really what happened. This thread and other ones are making the situation worse than it is.
[quote=OffTheHook]

I didn't see a thing. But, from what I have heard.....I love them ALL....BUT, I would be in jail tonight!

QUOTE]

wow! i overlooked this remark, nice to see another coach knows how to conduct himself as well.TongueoliceLig
this needs to be closed, no good or the truth will come from this thread.
Is there someone out there that can really tell everybody what happened? I was not there and I just want to know the truth. If they cant or wont put it in the thread maybe they can send me a pm with what really happened. Thanks in advance.
I would also like a Message to be told what happened... I have heard 5000 different things.
As a parent of 4 student athletes that play 9 different sports from college on down I have seen just about everything. My experience is that most physical altercations come about because of underlying circumstances. Usually after it is all sorted out if somebody {game official, coach, parent, school administrator, etc.] would have communicated better the issue could have been resolved. Sometimes fans, short for fanatics, parents, coaches place way to much emphasis on "the game" and not developing the whole individual of which "the game" is just a very small part.
I watched the whole thing and any man would have done what Tucker did. It wasn't professional, it made the program look bad, and it hurt alot of people but we are all human im just glad he gets a second chance.
Bottom line here is to the people who say the thread needs to be closed that it is none of our business I don't understand that point because when it happens in public it becomes the publics business. As far as passing judgement I can't say who's fault it was because I don't even know who was involved. But the fact of the matter is The parents and the coaches involved should know better. After this how can the people involved say anything to their kids about fighting when they them selves fought in front of god and everyone. If you have a problem with someone especially in front of kids you need to talk about it instead of throwing fists. Shame on anyone involved in this kind of behavior. In my Opinion which by the way matters to no one, any coach who would throw a punch at anyone in front of kids at a ball game should at least be suspended for a few games if not fired and the parent should be banned.
JCHS05 Wrote:Bottom line here is to the people who say the thread needs to be closed that it is none of our business I don't understand that point because when it happens in public it becomes the publics business. As far as passing judgement I can't say who's fault it was because I don't even know who was involved. But the fact of the matter is The parents and the coaches involved should know better. After this how can the people involved say anything to their kids about fighting when they them selves fought in front of god and everyone. If you have a problem with someone especially in front of kids you need to talk about it instead of throwing fists. Shame on anyone involved in this kind of behavior. In my Opinion which by the way matters to no one, any coach who would throw a punch at anyone in front of kids at a ball game should at least be suspended for a few games if not fired and the parent should be banned.
He got a two week suspension.
Is that it?
UncleFester Wrote:[quote=OffTheHook]

QUOTE]

wow! i overlooked this remark, nice to see another coach knows how to conduct himself as well.TongueoliceLig

Brother, I am NOT a COACH! And apparently you were there and know me. I am just going off hear say about what happened and the guy it happened to is one of my really good friends. And I DON"T care who you are!
I stick by what I said. If you don't believe me...get in my wife's face at the next game, whether she is right or not, And see what happens. If you don't believe that...ask the last guy that showed up on my property with the wrong attitude.
It's people like you that like to hide behind screen names and stir the pot and then sit back and watch like a coward. Coach Howard, Kinner or Ratliff, people like you will never be happy. Cause you would do the same thing to the next guy that would come in.
I am done with you. You aren't worth any more time. Trust me...I had FIVE different people ask if I knew who you were tonight, and the same thing came out of their mouth. "Who ever it is, is a worthless piece of crap." :flush:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:[quote=UncleFester]

Brother, I am NOT a COACH! And apparently you were there and know me. I am just going off hear say about what happened and the guy it happened to is one of my really good friends. And I DON"T care who you are!
I stick by what I said. If you don't believe me...get in my wife's face at the next game, whether she is right or not, And see what happens. If you don't believe that...ask the last guy that showed up on my property with the wrong attitude.
It's people like you that like to hide behind screen names and stir the pot and then sit back and watch like a coward. Coach Howard, Kinner or Ratliff, people like you will never be happy. Cause you would do the same thing to the next guy that would come in.
I am done with you. You aren't worth any more time. Trust me...I had FIVE different people ask if I knew who you were tonight, and the same thing came out of their mouth. "Who ever it is, is a worthless piece of crap." :flush:

Amen brother.
OffTheHook Wrote:[quote=UncleFester]

I heard about that. LMAO
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]