Poll: Who will LBJ be playing for next season (2010/11)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cleveland Cavaliers
16.67%
Chicago Bulls
33.33%
New Jersey Nets
8.33%
New York Knicks
41.67%
Other
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will Lebron James be playing for in 10/11?
Which team will Lebron James be playing for next season?

Cleveland: You have the same team and LBJ is staying close to home.

Chicago: You have Derrick Rose and several others who are good role players and LBJ would make the Bulls a serious title contender immediately.

New Jersey: With the Nets you could wind up playing with John Wall and build something special in NJ, but it would likely take a few years to become a serious contender.

New York: Cap room is there, but currently the Knicks have no more than a few role players on their team.

Miami and LA Clippers have shots at Lebron, but those destinations are unlikely.
Bulls - i hope
I know there saying Chicago on ESPN but I don't believe he would want to play in Jordan's shadow for several years. If he can't handle the pressure in Cleveland then he definitely couldn't in Chi-town. Not to mention him and Noah don't get along to well.
I think he stays, but they completely change the roster because this team can't win in the playoffs.
If he goes anyway, imo New York. Biggest city in the states, 2nd in the world. He wants to be a billionaire. I would imagine there more opportunities there than anywhere to accomplish that.
Aslan Wrote:I know there saying Chicago on ESPN but I don't believe he would want to play in Jordan's shadow for several years. If he can't handle the pressure in Cleveland then he definitely couldn't in Chi-town. Not to mention him and Noah don't get along to well.
I think he stays, but they completely change the roster because this team can't win in the playoffs.
If he goes anyway, imo New York. Biggest city in the states, 2nd in the world. He wants to be a billionaire. I would imagine there more opportunities there than anywhere to accomplish that.

Ditto. I believe he will go to New York... It was so funny last night when Boston fans started screaming New York Knicks.. hahah
IMO he will go to New York because it is New York City (the city that doesn't sleep).
By his interviews doesnt seem like he is to commited to the Cavs, so I am going to say New York, the tradition is there, the fans love LBJ, endorsement deals would go through the roof. Knicks will be his next home
Cavs
Bulls i hope but i see him in knicks jersey
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
President Obama Thinks LeBron Would Look Good In A Bulls Uniform

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/ne...id=5189274
If he doesnt stick at Clevland, then I would say the Nets
New York
Henry Abbott, TrueHoop: I think he'll go wherever he thinks he can win the most championships as soon as possible. The two most important kinds of teammates he can have are a good big man and a good point guard.
Miami and New York have neither, but either could pair him with another free agent (or two). Chicago has Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah, and New Jersey might be able to provide John Wall and Brook Lopez, so those are interesting options.

But nobody can deliver a knockout roster immediately, so the Cavaliers stay in the hunt.

J.A. Adande, ESPN.com: He might take the tour around the league because he likes the attention, but it's hard to see a better situation for him than Chicago, where he could have a potential Hall of Fame sidekick in Derrick Rose and plenty of supporting cast members such as Joakim Noah.
At times in Chicago's first-round series versus the Cavaliers, the only thing keeping the Bulls from winning was LeBron. Imagine if he joined them.

Chris Broussard, ESPN The Magazine:
LeBron will visit Chicago (45 percent chance he lands there), New York (18 percent chance) and possibly other places. He'll soul-search about whether he can win titles in Cleveland, where they don't have a ton of roster flexibility. He'll consult other free agents about playing in New York and Chicago. At end of the day, I think he chooses Chicago.

John Hollinger, ESPN.com: He'll soak up all the attention and do the full tour. But at the end of the day I think he's going to try to rig it so he, Wade and Bosh end up on same team, or at least two of them. Right now, that's most plausible in Miami.

Chris Sheridan, ESPN.com: Between now and July 1, the pendulum will swing hard in various directions, and it'll swing harder after that. But when it comes time for the sales pitches to begin, my money is on Mr. Smooth, Pat Riley.

I also wouldn't be shocked if LeBron, Wade and a third free agent all took four-year deals with three-year opt-outs, which means the next Summer of LeBron could come as soon as 2013.

Marc Stein, ESPN.com: I never would have imagined seeing the stay-in-Cleveland numbers so low in mid-May, but I still see staying with the Cavs as the most likely LeBron scenario. It's just not going to be that easy for him to walk away from Dan Gilbert's spare-no-expense ownership -- which might well result in the hiring of John Calipari before the Bulls get him -- and the latest episode of sports torture for the fans in LeBron's backyard … torture with his name on it.

But he's definitely going to take a long look at all the options, even with those Ohio ties, so allow me to spotlight one team in addition to the rising LeBron-to-Chicago speculation, Pat Riley/Dwyane Wade in Miami and the usual New York chatter: New Jersey. If the Nets get John Wall in the lottery to go with new owner Mikhail Prokhorov's riches, LeBron has to listen. Has to.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/...bron-james
Henry Abbott - Chicago Bulls - 40 %

J.A Adande - Chicago Bulls - 36 %

Cris Broussard - Chicago Bulls - 37 %

John Hollinger - Miami Heat - 15 %

Chris Sheridan - Miami Heat - 10 %

Marc Stein - New Jersey Nets - 60%

Henry Abbott - Truehoop

J.A Adande - ESPN.com

Chris Broussard - ESPN The Magazine

John Hollinger - ESPN.com

Chris Sheridan - ESPN.com

Marc Stein - ESPN.com

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/...bron-james

It wasn't supposed to be this way. With the addition of Shaquille O'Neal, the Cleveland Cavaliers were supposed to be unstoppable this postseason. LeBron James was supposed to score the winning basket in Cleveland's championship run and be carried out on the shoulders of his loving city. He was supposed to re-sign in Cleveland with a smile and a flourish.

Things didn't quite work out that way, of course. The Boston Celtics sent LeBron and his teammates packing and now it is unclear if James will re-sign with the team, particularly after the torrent of boos that rained down on him in Cleveland during Game Five. Sonny Vaccaro, the man who signed Michael Jordan to his first sneaker deal and once the biggest name in amateur basketball, has been friends with James and he's saying that LeBron will be splitting town, according to ESPN.

"If he chooses to leave, and I believe he will, he has the pick of the litter of where he can go," said Vaccaro. "In my opinion, the (Chicago) Bulls are the perfect fit."

Vaccaro also mentioned the Los Angeles Clippers as a possible destination.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/...nba,241031