Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophomores that are going to make a big impact in 2010?
just wondering but what are some sophomores that you think will make a big impact next year
Chase Lafferty & Tyler O'Connor from Sheldon Clark are two sophomores that will step up and help the team in 2010.
Brandon Marsh from Greenup Co. Will be great. 4.5 forty and strong as an ox.
Shelby Caudill, Tyler Robinson and Dustin Haar of Grant County.
Are you talking about players that will BE Sophomores or players that are sophomores RIGHT NOW?

If it is current Sophomores, I will say Clark Rowe from Rockcastle.

If it is UPCOMING sophomores: Damien McDaniel and Boone Saylor from Rockcastle.
A very good question? Which are we talking about, sophomores now, or sophomores in September?
freshman that are going to be sophomores for the 2010 season
Sam Sergent of Letcher Central will be a factor.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Does Bell County, Middlesboro, Pineville, Corbin or Knox Central have any stud sophomores?
El Indio Wrote:Does Bell County, Middlesboro, Pineville, Corbin or Knox Central have any stud sophomores?

I seem to remember Collet from Bell County. I don't know if he was good, I just rememer the name.

Knox Central has one that can make a serious impact: Jeff Canady!

Corbin- I could certainly see Jewell making an impact. Maybe Vermillion or Mills as well, but probably not yet.

Rockcastle- Damien McDaniel and Eli Haddix could make an impact. They were very good for the freshmen team when they were 8th graders and at least one but I think both started for the JV team last year. Also, John Curtis Wilson is believed by some to be the shoe-in to start at QB for the Rockets, but don't hold me to it.
Boyle has some rising Soph's who might see some playing time but I don't really think you could consider them as being a "factor".
Jordan Olinger,Austin Johnson from Hazard
lwc Wrote:I seem to remember Collet from Bell County. I don't know if he was good, I just rememer the name.

Corbin- I could certainly see Jewell making an impact. Maybe Vermillion or Mills as well, but probably not yet.

Rockcastle- Damien McDaniel and Eli Haddix could make an impact. They were very good for the freshmen team when they were 8th graders and at least one but I think both started for the JV team last year. Also, John Curtis Wilson is believed by some to be the shoe-in to start at QB for the Rockets, but don't hold me to it.

Yeah #15Ryan Collett is gonna be a really good player for us. Very Quick and athletic. Showed Good signs last year as a freshman
Harlan County's Tucker Lewis will be a name heard over the PA and radio. Linebacker with great instinct and flow to the ball. Strength is obvious but his speed is an area primed for improvement. If he can get the wheels on he will be a hard train to stop.
Jeff Canady will be a huge part of the KC scheme this year. A possible all state player this year.
colin trammell from owen county had ton of playing time as a freshmen also from owen county that can make an impact is paul banks chris smith and adam hazlett
lwc Wrote:I seem to remember Collet from Bell County. I don't know if he was good, I just rememer the name.

Some sophomores from Corbin who will make an impact this year in addition to some of the above mentioned include TE/DE Jacob Metzger and lineman Cody Harp.
rebel 4 life Wrote:colin trammell from owen county had ton of playing time as a freshmen also from owen county that can make an impact is paul banks chris smith and adam hazlett

i believe that owen has the talent to go 6-4 or better but they need to utilize that talent through their offense to make it succesful and plus they have a some what difficult schedule so i guess we will have to see how it turns out
gchsfootballer Wrote:i believe that owen has the talent to go 6-4 or better but they need to utilize that talent through their offense to make it succesful and plus they have a some what difficult schedule so i guess we will have to see how it turns out

I agree but disagree, they play a hard schedule: State runner-up Desales, a Henry County team that nearly beat Central, very good Cal team, East Jessamine, decent Gallatin, Trimble and Carrol will stuggle idk about South Oldham, Grant County and Bourbon county.
Bryson Williams - Prestonsburg
Trent and Fugate from Breathitt.And Cox.
Polly from Bell County
Breathitt had 3 freshman that started last season and all 3 helped lead that team in the playoffs. Fugate and trent are still at breathitt the shouse kid went to pike central. I think all 3 players are going to key players for their team.
Caleb Bentley of LC
predicting 1000 yds rushing as a sophomore
Shew some ppl kill me theres no one on Greenups football team that runs a 4.5 forty lol Just because the head coach hand times it on a track doesnt mean its legit...If you run a 4.5 forty on a track u must add .2 to the time for it to be legit
Football Fool Wrote:Jeff Canady will be a huge part of the KC scheme this year. A possible all state player this year.

Couldnt have said it better myself. He broke the school record for recieving yards/td's in a season as fresh (maybe not both but im prety darn sure of it) in a primarily rushing offence. He also got wide reciever of the year award in their region, once again as a freshmen.
Tevin Slaughter @ Somerset will be a load.
Lex Cath-Kyle Bolin QB and Trey Mattingly DL ( dont know if he counts cuse he started every game last year)
thordog Wrote:Jordan Olinger,Austin Johnson from Hazard

Olinger, I swear that family should have their name on the field or something there. Every Olinger that plays is a big time player for them.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Tevin Slaughter @ Somerset will be a load.

Agreed, could be very dangerous especially in Coach Luc's defensive scheme. He's strong, he's fast, he's physical. I could see him being one of the top 3 defensive players in the state by the time he graduates. It will also be nice to see him and Derrick Jackson running the ball next season, talk about an intimidating backfield. Two big, fast, physical RB's to accent the passing game, scary! I think Slaughter and Jackson will fill in nicely for Otie Manning if they can stay healthy which unfortunately has been a BIG "if" for DJ.