Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Rankings, with 1 day left in the season.
With Perry beating Letcher, then Powell beating Hazard, then Hazard beating Letcher, and then Leslie beating Hazard all this week, it looks like the tourney is going to be a great one. I see it:
1. Perry - other than the 1 run loss to Knott, they are clearly the favorites
2. Letcher - 1st place in their district
3. Knott - playing well and could draw Perry if they don't beat Letcher in Districts
4. Powell - playing really well right now
5. Estill - could pull the upset of Powell in the District
6. Wolfe - great young team
7. Hazard - very up and down year
8. Breathitt - still very young.

This should be the 8 in the region. Will definitely be very interesting. Can't wait until next week.:Thumbs:
D1Recruiter Wrote:With Perry beating Letcher, then Powell beating Hazard, then Hazard beating Letcher, and then Leslie beating Hazard all this week, it looks like the tourney is going to be a great one. I see it:
3. Knott - playing well and could draw Perry if they don't beat Letcher in Districts

This should be the 8 in the region. Will definitely be very interesting. Can't wait until next week.:Thumbs:

should be a great tourney....

as for Estill and Powell, it can go either way, Estill beat Powell (@ Estill) 14-3, Powell beat Estill (@ Powell) 12-2
D1Recruiter Wrote:With Perry beating Letcher, then Powell beating Hazard, then Hazard beating Letcher, and then Leslie beating Hazard all this week, it looks like the tourney is going to be a great one. I see it:

Leslie should definetly be 6 or higher.. They 10 run ruled Wolfe twice and Hazard once. Also beat Breathitt both times they played. This list is a little messed up, dont ya think?
MaN oF Steel Wrote:Leslie should definetly be 6 or higher.. They 10 run ruled Wolfe twice and Hazard once. Also beat Breathitt both times they played. This list is a little messed up, dont ya think?

true but they wont even make it past pcc
Thats what i was thinking. Realistically they wont make it to the region tourney therefor making them a non factor in the region.
PCC is the favorite, LCC,Powell, KCC, HHS, Estill,LC, Wolfe, all are teams that could suprise.
Unless Elliott, Menifee, and Owsley get sponsor's exemptions to play in the 14th Regional tournament (yes, I realize Elliott and Menifee are not in the 14th), I don't look for Wolfe to make a run. They will probably beat Jackson City by a score of around 38-14 tonight with Creech having 7 hits in 6 at-bats, but they will lose tomorrow night to Breathitt pitting them against a winner in the regional tournament.

On an aside, the only winner/loser that teams in the 14th want to play in their first round regional draw is from the 55th district.
MaN oF Steel Wrote:Leslie should definetly be 6 or higher.. They 10 run ruled Wolfe twice and Hazard once. Also beat Breathitt both times they played. This list is a little messed up, dont ya think?

I agree they could be in the top 6 in the region OVERALL, but I was just making predictions on who should be in the regional tourney. Not saying they couldn't upset Perry in the districts, but they would have to play really well. Leslie has a good group of guys. I'm sure they could be upsets in the 56th and possibly Leslie in the 54th, but other than that, they others are set in stone for the tourney.
1. Perry
2. Powell
3. Letcher
4. Estill
5. Knott
6. Hazard
7. Breathitt
8. Wolfe

My opinion on the rankings of teams who I predict will make the regional tourney. Leslie and Lee are the only two other possibilities to make the tourney.