Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Power Hitter in the 15th Region
Michaela Howard of Magoffin Co. is the best power hitter in the region. She hit 6 homeruns last year and shoud double that performance this season.
6 homers is alot in softball I don't think I even seen 6 hit in the 4 years I played lol
She hit one at Paintsville, 2 in one game vs Betsy Layne, 2 in one game vs South Floyd and one in the regional tournament vs belfry. She is one of the top players in the 15th region.
Was the ones she hit against Betsy Layne at Betsy Layne because that field is one of te smallest I have played on.
Yes they were, she put both balls on top of the rock cliff. The one she hit against belfry was off pitcher Kelly Hale and it was to dead center field.
Michaela Howard is awesome im predicting at least 10 homers from her this year
Michaela Howard from what I have saw is an excellent power hitter and one hell of a short stop... i see her going on a free ride to school for he abilities on the softball field not basketball...
I agree 100%, Softball is Michaela's ticket.
howard from magoffin is the best in the 15th
michaela is the best
howard sounds pretty good
You all ahve know clue what you are talking about! How many homeruns did they hit against SV, Pikeville, and East Ridge. They play the worst teams and face horrible pitching. They wouldnt touch the ball up North. You all need to get out and watch some softball.
"snoop" Wrote:You all ahve know clue what you are talking about! How many homeruns did they hit against SV, Pikeville, and East Ridge. They play the worst teams and face horrible pitching. They wouldnt touch the ball up North. You all need to get out and watch some softball.

I AGREE
"champ321" Wrote:I AGREE

Also...Brittany Chapman-Belfry best all round hitter in 15th...great pitching at Pikeville, SV and ER. You won't see many dinggers against them.
Quote:Orginally posted by snoop

You all ahve know clue what you are talking about! How many homeruns did they hit against SV, Pikeville, and East Ridge. They play the worst teams and face horrible pitching. They wouldnt touch the ball up North. You all need to get out and watch some softball.

Ok I wouldnt say that I have been to many softball games last year and I have NEVER seen a better power hitter than Michaela
what about emily colvin, the best all around player in the 15th region, she might not hit that many homeruns but she is a power hitter.
Great point snoop untill she can even hit Bentley, Yates or Gooch. Then we can talk.
"sportsguy" Wrote:Great point snoop untill she can even hit Bentley, Yates or Gooch. Then we can talk.

That's why I'll take Chapman...hit all three well last year. Two ground rule doubles off Bentley in regional. Colvin is an excellent player, is Pikeville's catcher back? Bentley is a very good all round player. I also like the 3b from SV, the catcher from Phelps, JC 2b...nice gloves & the way Pikeville's pitcher keeps the ball down.
Yes Pikeville's catcher back. They lost second base, first base, center and right field. they will be good. ER lost third, first, left, and center. Sv lost their second baseman and second. No one else has a chance to win the 15th. Belfry would have to place 4th just because they understand the game of softball.
"snoop" Wrote:Yes Pikeville's catcher back. They lost second base, first base, center and right field. they will be good. ER lost third, first, left, and center. Sv lost their second baseman and second. No one else has a chance to win the 15th. Belfry would have to place 4th just because they understand the game of softball.

Very good catcher. I guess ER's pitcher (Yates?) is back. Same top three...either one could get knocked out first game of the district or win the region. Seeding will be the key again.
Michaela howard, from MC. From the last i checked m.howard's batting average was .528 an she had 6 homeruns. To me i think she is the best powerhitter in the 15th region.
During the regional tourney, mc was down 2pts with 2 ppl on base in the last inning of the game, m.howard had 2 strikes an hit the next one pitched to her over center field, an got 2 runs in, including herself. Not the best?
What game in the region was this?
"All_Sport#1" Wrote:Ok I wouldnt say that I have been to many softball games last year and I have NEVER seen a better power hitter than Michaela
Yeah I would have to say that she is pretty dominate!
"LoveThatCourt" Wrote:What game in the region was this?

This game was against magoffin, and belfry
I have only seen one homerun in my softball career and it was at Perry CO. Central . We were crushing them and some girl just decides to hammer one out of the park, you could actually hear it hit the ground. Needless to say they still lost by mercy rule!
"fleabitten" Wrote:Michaela howard, from MC. From the last i checked m.howard's batting average was .528 an she had 6 homeruns. To me i think she is the best powerhitter in the 15th region.
During the regional tourney, mc was down 2pts with 2 ppl on base in the last inning of the game, m.howard had 2 strikes an hit the next one pitched to her over center field, an got 2 runs in, including herself. Not the best?

The game was tied 2-2 going into the 8th inning when Michaela hit a 3 run homer off Kelly Hale of Belfry who was a great and hard throwing pitcher. Magoffin lost the game 6-5 but it was still one of the best games I've ever seen. Michaela has to be one of the top power hitters in the region.
#23 from sc look good no homers yet but she is just a 9th grader
"schssoftball" Wrote:#23 from sc look good no homers yet but she is just a 9th grader
we may see one this year hope so:rock:
In my opinion, Michaela is the bast power hitter in the Region. She has such a smooth swing that it looks like she is barely making an effort until she makes contact! The scary thing about Michaela is that last year was her first on the team as she had set out her Freshman year with a knee injury. I only look for her to improve this year and have double digit homeruns!
brittney schaeffer from lawrence county is one of the top hitters in the state.she has taken several ncaa official visits to major d1 programs and rumor has it she is close to signing.