Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenkins beats LCC to win 4th consectutive 53rd district title
The Lady Cavs beat the Lady Cougars in dramatic fashion scoring the winning run in the bottom of the 7th for the 8-7win.
One of the better softball games I have seen in a while. With a luck of the draw there is a slight possibility they could face in the region finals. It will be tough with Estill and Breathitt both involved. Jenkins has their best shot ever of winning the region although I thought they were a little overconfident against LCC early in the game. After they woke up, they started playing ball. It is one of the better games I have seen LCC play all year. If they continue playing like they did against Jenkins, they will be hard to beat in regional tournament play. I hope the 53rd district wrestles the regional title away from Estill County this year.
I agree. LCC needs to take this game and use it for the region.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
At 30-5, Jenkins has a phenomenal record this year, just like they have had for the past several years.
But even with a losing record at 17-19 ( 7-0 in region), Estill County is still the team to beat. They haven't played anyone in the 14th region, with the exception of the required seeded games in the 56th, so there's really no way to measure how they will fare against Jenkins and the other powers in the region. But most of their losses have been to powerful Bluegrass area teams such as Lafayette, Dunbar, Henry Clay, Madison Central, Clark County, Montgomery County, LexCath, Woodford County, East Jessamine, etc,. Those are what many would call "quality" losses.
Records can be misleading, particularily in the case of Estill County. They haven't lost the 14th region championship since they joined in 2006 and there's a good possibility that won't change this year either.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:At 30-5, Jenkins has a phenomenal record this year, just like they have had for the past several years.
But even with a losing record at 17-19 ( 7-0 in region), Estill County is still the team to beat. They haven't played anyone in the 14th region, with the exception of the required seeded games in the 56th, so there's really no way to measure how they will fare against Jenkins and the other powers in the region. But most of their losses have been to powerful Bluegrass area teams such as Lafayette, Dunbar, Henry Clay, Madison Central, Clark County, Montgomery County, LexCath, Woodford County, East Jessamine, etc,. Those are what many would call "quality" losses.
Records can be misleading, particularily in the case of Estill County. They haven't lost the 14th region championship since they joined in 2006 and there's a good possibility that won't change this year either.

You are correct that records can be misleading but don't overlook the fact that the Lady Cavs have several quality wins outside the region as well. Estill and Jenkins are clearly the favorites going in to regional play. Also don't overlook Breathitt as a darkhorse. They are very capable of surprising some teams. It will be interseting to see how it plays out!
I always love to hear about the small schools beating the large schools. Good Job lady cavs
These girls are playing very well!!