Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Annul Jeff Ford Classic @ Mullins
Mullins is hosting the first annul Jeff Ford Classic, a 16 team tournament from Nov. 13 to Nov. to Nov. 19. We are wanting this to be a season kickoff show case of the best talent in Eastern Kentucky. The first round will be held on Sat. Nov. 13th with games starting at 10 in the morning and the last game playing at 8:30 that night. Round two will be played on Monday and Tuesday. The final four will play Thursday night with the championship and consolation game being held on Friday, Nov. 19. We do promise to put county teams as far apart in the tournament bracket as we can so you do not play a team you will see during the regular season unless you both play your way into later rounds. We are currently working to get sponsorship for this tournament to have shirts made and if we are capable, programs as well. If you have any questions or would like to be part of this tournament, email me at [email]mikeslone88@yahoo.com[/email] or send me a private message on here.

Elkhorn has already stated they wanted to play and I have schools such as AB Combs, Hazard, Cowan and June Buchanan. Would like to have Betsy Layne, Virgie and Johnson Central be apart of this as well as any other teams that might want to be part of this.
Jeff Ford was my high school baseball coach and jr high science teacher. He was a great guy and everyone had a lot of respect for him. He will be missed.
Will this be an A team or B team tournament?
This will be A team, spoke with Jerry Scott of the Double X radio station and Channel 5 and the championship game may also be televised.
Whitesburg is interested. Sent you a PM.
Sounds like a good idea just need to get it all to come together!