FIFA World Cup 2010 (Discussion)
Group A:
Team MP W D L GF GA Pts
South Africa 1 0 1 0 1 1 1
Mexico 1 0 1 0 1 1 1
Uruguay 1 0 1 0 0 0 1
France1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1
Final
I watched a little bit of the game. By what I saw, England looked like a much better team.
I did not see a minute of the game. I wish the US well, but not sure how much I will see.
I watched the Whole game and we had several chances to win it.
Hopefully we can make some noise this year. Ya gotta believe.
How funny would it be if we ended up beating the rest of the world at their sport.
This was more so a victory for the US, coming back to tie the match up after conceiding a goal in the first 4 min of the match. I can tell you as someone who has played various levels of soccer when you conciede a goal that early its def. hard to come back from. The US looked very sluggish in the first half of the match but pulled things together in the second half. One thing that I noticed which is a concern was their inability to keep defensive shape and they were getting stretched all over the field and were tracking alot. It seemed in the first half that they were man marking and in the second half Bradley switched the system up to better suite for the way that team from across the pond was playing. Another note to take away from this game is that England SHOULD have been playing down a man early in the first half after the tackle that was placed on Howard. That should not be tolerated by any offical the player had no play on the ball and went in studs up which should be an immediate red card but the ref missed it and Howard played through it which showed great Heart, Athletism and Reselance
Do you think France is the best team in this group?
A very nice game for the United States tying a much favored team.
US and England should move on the round of 16 as top 2 in our pool but
be ready for Algeria and Slovenia and be sure to win those games.
Group B: GP W D L GS GL GD PTS

South Korea 1 1 0 0 2 0 2 3

Argentina 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3

Nigeria 1 0 0 0 0 1 -1 0

Greece 1 0 0 0 0 2 -2 0
LONDON -- The BBC is considering filtering out crowd noise from its World Cup broadcasts following a deluge of complaints about vuvuzelas.

By Tuesday morning, the BBC had received 545 complaints from viewers about the constant buzzing sound of the plastic horns used by fans at games in South Africa.

"We have already taken steps to minimize the noise and are continuing to monitor the situation," the BBC said in a statement. "If the vuvuzela continues to impact on audience enjoyment, we will look at what other options we can take to reduce the volume further."

The broadcaster is considering offering viewers the possibility of muting most ambient noise while maintaining game commentary through the "red button" digital service. Viewers would push the red button on their remote control to receive the quieter broadcast on a separate channel.

The BBC would offer the option in the next few days.

On Monday, FIFA president Sepp Blatter defended the vuvuzela, saying they would not be banned from stadiums.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/s...901&ver=us
The most annoying thing ever. The Bob and Tom show had a segment about this yesterday morning Lol.
The second game for USA in the world cup competition.

Their final game is June 23, 2010 at 10:00 AM ET against Algeria.
Terrible call to keep us from winning. but at least it wasn't a loss.
Team USA got hosed, but they aren't out of it yet.

They need to beat Algeria or they're coming home.
England has to be very disappointed with their play.

They were one of the favorite to win the World Cup and now they may not even make it out of their group.

Team USA is actually in a pretty good spot after being hosed in the Slovenia game, because all they need to do is get points. A win would definitely get them into the round of 16 and a tie could possibly be enough to get them in, but England would have to lose.
Group Standings

Group A
Uruguay - 7 pts
Mexico - 4 pts

South Africa - 4 pt
France - 1 pt

Group B
Argentina - 6 pts
South Korea - 3 pts
Greece - 3 pts
Nigeria - 0 pts

Group C
USA - 5 pts
England - 5 pts

Slovenia - 4 pts
Algeria - 1 pt

Group D
Ghana - 4 pts
Germany - 3 pts
Serbia - 3 pts
Australia - 1 pt

Group E
Netherlands - 6 pts
Japan - 3 pts
Denmark - 3 pts
Cameroon - 0 pts

Group F
Paraguay - 4 pts
Italy - 2 pts
New Zealand - 2 pts
Slovakia - 1 pt

Group G
Brazil - 6 pts
Portugal - 4 pts
Ivory Coast - 1 pt
North Korea - 0 pts

Group H
Chile - 6 pts
Spain - 3 pts
Switzerland - 3 pts
Honduras - 0 pts

Bold= has advanced
It'll be interesting to watch United States and England play their next game.
Both USA & England advance onto the field of 16, after each won 1-0 against their group opponents.
Wow I about had a heart attack during the match today. DC is going crazy right now the bars are full and life is great today in the nations capital thanks to a sublime pass and thankful finish by Landon Donovan. Onto the Round of 16 where the US will play the 2nd place team out of group D.
Landon Donovan is a legend!!!
I think we can handle the Germans we have proven we will absolutely fight for everything we get. I love the hustle these boys keep putting out on the field.
This is my 1st year watching the World Cup, I must say its pretty good. Loved playing it, just never did watch it, hopefully USA keeps on rolling!!

I see USA beating Ghana Saturday and then meeting up with Uruguay later!

But I see Arg
With the way things have played out USA has a very legit shot at making it through to the semi finals but in soccer anything can happen.
Italy's 3-2 loss to Slovakia earlier today will send the defending champions home after the group stages, Slovakia (4 pts) and Paraguay (5 pts) advance to the 16 team knockout stage. Only six matches remain in the group stages, knockout stage begins on saturday at 10 am with Urguay vs Korea in Port Elizabeth on ESPN. Following the first match will be USA vs Ghana in Rustenburg match set to air on ABC beginning at 2:30 ET.