Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 2011
what do u guys think?
shep should be back and throwing like a pro
great pitching crew and great hitters returning..
lc might have a good season but i still see PIKEVILLE being on top. Shepard does not scare PHS one bit
well as i recall shepard shut out pikeville in the region last year right?
Last year when these kids were sophomores primarily, Chandler did shut them out. However these same kids will be seniors. As I recall LC loses 5 starters this year and Pikeville only lost two. Hope Chandler comes alway back but the State tourney experience will help when he takes the mound against them next year. Also I think you would have to admit that Pikevilles Defense and Offense are head and shoulders above LC's. Also Cecil kind of stopped the Dawgs this year.
Commanche Wrote:Last year when these kids were sophomores primarily, Chandler did shut them out. However these same kids will be seniors. As I recall LC loses 5 starters this year and Pikeville only lost two. Hope Chandler comes alway back but the State tourney experience will help when he takes the mound against them next year. Also I think you would have to admit that Pikevilles Defense and Offense are head and shoulders above LC's. Also Cecil kind of stopped the Dawgs this year.

As i recall the seniors of lc coming up had state tourney experience from freshman and sophmore year.. pikeville beating them in region was an upset not "head and shoulders" better. pikeville will be a good team but lcs pitching crew will be stronger than ever with 3 aces this year moore, burton and chandler. maybe pitching one of them would have been a difference in the pikeville game this year Confusedhh:

you lost 5 players but lc has and identical team except of 2 seniors from last year. but yet goes to show no matter what you do in previous years anything can happen. panthers wont have a shot to beat lc next year. so sorry......

so so sorrrrrry
LC_Dawgs Wrote:well as i recall shepard shut out pikeville in the region last year right?

SHUTOUT

:worthy: ZE PRODIGY
LC will be good next year and should win the District. It will be between them and pikeville for the region.
SolidOxygen Wrote:As i recall the seniors of lc coming up had state tourney experience from freshman and sophmore year.. pikeville beating them in region was an upset not "head and shoulders" better. pikeville will be a good team but lcs pitching crew will be stronger than ever with 3 aces this year moore, burton and chandler. maybe pitching one of them would have been a difference in the pikeville game this year Confusedhh:

you lost 5 players but lc has and identical team except of 2 seniors from last year. but yet goes to show no matter what you do in previous years anything can happen. panthers wont have a shot to beat lc next year. so sorry......

so so sorrrrrry

It doesnt matter who LC has to pitch. pikeville has the sticks, the bulldogs dont.

so so sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry
PIKEcountyFAN Wrote:It doesnt matter who LC has to pitch. pikeville has the sticks, the bulldogs dont.

so so sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry

hmm how many homeruns did chandler and tate have this year??
chandler had more than any pikville player and pikeville sure has the sticks from the looks at state they was only scoring 2 runs in the semifinals against butler.. wont matter they wont be able to hit off of one of lcs good pitchers...

:HitWall:
SolidOxygen Wrote:hmm how many homeruns did chandler and tate have this year??
chandler had more than any pikville player and pikeville sure has the sticks from the looks at state they was only scoring 2 runs in the semifinals against butler.. wont matter they wont be able to hit off of one of lcs good pitchers...

:HitWall:

Gavin Miller hit 9 this year, how many did Chan have. I think 9 and he played at Launch Park on a hill.

Good thing is you got only 330 days or so to stew over the loss. Hahahahahhahahahahhahahahaahahahahaahh. LMAO! :lmao::lmao::lmao:
I believe Chandler had 10.
Commanche Wrote:Gavin Miller hit 9 this year, how many did Chan have. I think 9 and he played at Launch Park on a hill.

Good thing is you got only 330 days or so to stew over the loss. Hahahahahhahahahahhahahahaahahahahaahh. LMAO! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

10 fyi.

hahahahaha who has had better record our senior class or yours??
cant stew over an upset, it happends, ... :Clap:
woo your so good............................
SolidOxygen Wrote:10 fyi.

hahahahaha who has had better record our senior class or yours??
cant stew over an upset, it happends, good choke in the state tourney though.. :Clap:
goodluck next year, you wont even make it to region. your terrible. :lmao:
3-2 is not a choke, you must be joking, right.

By the way we didnt choke in region like your almighty LC.

Wont make it to region, what a joke.

330 more days to stew my friend.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::HitWall:
You will be miserable by next year dealing with this tragedy! You might be able to get therapy for this kind of thing, just not for sure. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
LC did choke they got the best draw in the Region... It was laid out for them to make the 3 peat back to State...But the way i see it Pikeville made it the easy with no Semi-State that's crap. I totally dislike the new State tourney bracket

Pikeville should make it to Region every year in that tough district they are in..

Pikeville was the better team on that day they came out and flat raked... They can hit the fastball and everyone knew that...

1 more thing to mention that was the 1st time Pikeville had beat LC since they had been the 15th...
Because up until last year Pikeville was not good. After the 2006 team Pikeville went into a miserable stretch until midway 2009. So, Lawrence County had the benefit of having their best teams when Pikeville had their worst. Pikeville has shown some life since halfway through last season carrying into 2011. After 2011 however, if Pikeville doesn't bust their tails off with the JV, meaning they focus on baseball the rest of the way, because they are most all raw athletes with little baseball knowledge, they will experience seasons similar or worse than 2007-08.

But back to the thread topic. Lawrence County will be fine. They have a great program and good players. They will once again be in the main discussion come June in the 57th and 15th.
I think we should all just back off from this thread and let this guy keep talking to himself.

Pikeville WON the 15th and BEAT Lawrence on their way through. That is that.
SolidOxygen Wrote:we r still a better team, sorry . :flush:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::argue:
If...Then Wrote:I think we should all just back off from this thread and let this guy keep talking to himself.

Pikeville WON the 15th and BEAT Lawrence on their way through. That is that.

It is kinda like blowing smoke on a dying fire. I just got to keep his blood boiling till next May. Gonna be a long winter for the Oxygen Man.:lmao::flame:
better team is LC, they prooved it going to state 2 years outta the last 3 pikeville only once,Confusedhh:
SolidOxygen Wrote:better team is LC, they prooved it going to state 2 years outta the last 3 pikeville only once,Confusedhh:

Say it slow it doesnt hurt so bad "Pikeville 2010 15th Region Champs", Final Four Participant.

2008 and 2009 is history my friend. I will commend you for being so loyal. I just hate it will take so long to hill, somewhere around 325 days or so. Then Pikeville spanks your beloved Dawgs and sends them to the Dawghouse again.

Hope this fuels the fire. We dont want a CAKEWALK by the Dawgs next year like we had this year. Give us the competition we desire.

:flame::lmao:
This is the only warning to be issued in this thread.... Please stay on topic concerning NEXT year's LC team. This thread has nothing to do with Pikeville's outstanding run in the state tournament this year therefore, any post concerning that will be either edited or deleted. Please keep it on topic....

Good luck next year LC

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:This is the only warning to be issued in this thread.... Please stay on topic concerning NEXT year's LC team. This thread has nothing to do with Pikeville's outstanding run in the state tournament this year therefore, any post concerning that will be either edited or deleted. Please keep it on topic....

Good luck next year LC

Sorry Boss,

I just cant get the run out of my system. That said I think LC will be good next year and I expect them to be in the hunt for the Region title but I dont think it will be a cakewalk for them as some on here do.

Commanche
Pikeville should have a great shot of repeating next season. The only thing that gives the other teams an edge over Pikeville is their coach. Pikeville's coach will find some way to loose games, but the difference is these kids on Pikeville's team this season had a refuse to loose attitude and it paid off. If they can keep that up they should repeat. Lawrence County has to understand they can't just show up and expect to win anymore. Granted two years ago they could do that and they did, they mercied every team except one all the way through the district and region. Pikeville had them very rattled that year in the region as well, if you remember correctly? Lawrence County can win a lot of games in the 15th region just by showing up but its been proven that they are very capable of getting out coached and out played with the talent is on an even kill, and when the talent is even, i'll give the edge to whomever Lawrence is playing.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Pikeville should have a great shot of repeating next season. The only thing that gives the other teams an edge over Pikeville is their coach. Pikeville's coach will find some way to loose games, but the difference is these kids on Pikeville's team this season had a refuse to loose attitude and it paid off. If they can keep that up they should repeat. Lawrence County has to understand they can't just show up and expect to win anymore. Granted two years ago they could do that and they did, they mercied every team except one all the way through the district and region. Pikeville had them very rattled that year in the region as well, if you remember correctly? Lawrence County can win a lot of games in the 15th region just by showing up but its been proven that they are very capable of getting out coached and out played with the talent is on an even kill, and when the talent is even, i'll give the edge to whomever Lawrence is playing.
"Pikeville's coach will find some way to loose".For the record the Panthers had a very poor start with a strong finish in 2008. 2009 regional champs/final four. Yep sure sounds like weak coaching to me. "Edge to whomever Lawrence is playing"?????? "out coached"??? Wasn't it 08 they were in the state finals. Yep thats sounds like poor coaching too. Oh I know what you are thinking but Feltner has been on staff there for a long time.
Wow JRS!!!! This must have been an early a.m. post or you know someone looking for a coaching job at a first class program.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:"Pikeville's coach will find some way to loose".For the record the Panthers had a very poor start with a strong finish in 2008. 2009 regional champs/final four. Yep sure sounds like weak coaching to me. "Edge to whomever Lawrence is playing"?????? "out coached"??? Wasn't it 08 they were in the state finals. Yep thats sounds like poor coaching too. Oh I know what you are thinking but Feltner has been on staff there for a long time.
Wow JRS!!!! This must have been an early a.m. post or you know someone looking for a coaching job at a first class program.

I dont think he was the coach in 08? Anyway, I understand what you are saying and it will be a good game to watch between the two. I think Pikeville's coach and LC's coach are equally good at what they do, I didnt mean to make it sound that way.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I dont think he was the coach in 08? Anyway, I understand what you are saying and it will be a good game to watch between the two. I think Pikeville's coach and LC's coach are equally good at what they do, I didnt mean to make it sound that way.

Not the coach but a coach in 08. Remember the alledged brush with the ump at home I believe. It was in the PRP game and cost Feltner acouple of games the following season when he was the coach. You are right a game to watch.
PIKEcountyFAN Wrote:lc might have a good season but i still see PIKEVILLE being on top. Shepard does not scare PHS one bit

Shepherd is good enough to play D1 baseball at UK but not good enough to get a win against PHS?? :eyeroll: Wow, just wow!! This cracks me up :thatsfunn
Wildcats11 Wrote:Shepherd is good enough to play D1 baseball at UK but not good enough to get a win against PHS?? :eyeroll: Wow, just wow!! This cracks me up :thatsfunn
Here we go. You know what cracks me up? Your comprehension level. Seriously, I will give you two shiny nickels if you can show me where in the world he said Chandler was not good enough to win against Pikeville. Wow, just wow. How can someone fail to understand that not scared does not equal is not good enough to win against? I hope you take this with a smile and hit the books hard. At this level of reading comprehension, you may confuse other people into believing that someone made a stupid statement, when in all reality.... you did. :Thumbs: