Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wins the 15th 2011
SweetLemonade Wrote:agreed!

JC didn't even make it out of the Region Last season and LC got beat in the District Champ Game. So how can you agree and one of the teams wasn't even in the Regional Tourny?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I was told from one of the players that only Evans remains.Iam sure someone in Lc will step up to be a part of a winning program and help Coach. Good luck girls
The 57 will be tough with 5 of the top ten in the region in one dist. I pick jc 1st, lc second, pville third, mc fourth, and a very improve sc fifth.
JC best pitcher in 57 in Williams, strong young players coming up, looking to revenge early exit from dist. Tourney

LC coming off regional championship, 2nd best pitcher in horn, best jv team in region last year, best coaching staff in the region with 2 regional championship and runner up in the last three years.

Pville coming of dist. Championship, confidence high, lemaster and mills best one two punch on the mound, know they can do it now.

MC coming off a strong regular season, best leadoff hitter in dist. Darkhorse if they can finally put it to together at dist. time.

SC beat dist champs pville last year, will host dist. Tournament, getting better every year. Could beat mc or pville in 4 5 match in dist. tourney.
Pikeville played in the Region Title Game with one senior and one junior starting. I know we got a good draw, but still impressive don't you think?13 players return with extensive starting big game experience!We should do some damage these two years.
Lawrence County should win the region..They return a lot of good talent this year!!
They have good hitters and 3 good pitchers
Well it's that time of year again!

WOOO HOOO!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
JC has the talent if their attitudes dont ruin it for them. They usually end up beating themselves. Just cant seem to get their state of mind straight.
Coach9 Wrote:JC best pitcher in 57 in Williams, strong young players coming up, looking to revenge early exit from dist. Tourney

LC coming off regional championship, 2nd best pitcher in horn, best jv team in region last year, best coaching staff in the region with 2 regional championship and runner up in the last three years.

Pville coming of dist. Championship, confidence high, lemaster and mills best one two punch on the mound, know they can do it now.

MC coming off a strong regular season, best leadoff hitter in dist. Darkhorse if they can finally put it to together at dist. time.

SC beat dist champs pville last year, will host dist. Tournament, getting better every year. Could beat mc or pville in 4 5 match in dist. tourney.

You have Magoffin ranked 4th; Really?
Magoffin only lost 2 seniors last year and has all the key positions and hitters returning.
Pre-season
1. Lawrence County
2. Johnson Central
East Ridge has Mollett and Yates pitching. Surprise of the year will be Yates at East Ridge. She is only a Freshman.
Magoffin should have a great season. A team to watch this year.
East Ridge losing there pitcher will affect there game. But not at all what everyone expects. Yates is said to have stepped up to the mound. and With Epling, McCarty, Mullins, and Potter in the infield,... Wright, Webb, and Fields in the outfield, they'll still be unstopable. Especially with Rowe behind the plate. Good luck girls! I can't wait to watch you play.
Paintsville god a good addition to their pitching today.With the addition of Mills to help Lemaster.Will make them very competitive in the region.The 57th should be very exciting this year.
^Isn't it always. So Mills has been cleared to play? I hadn't heard anything for sure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Cleared today OTH.Softball keeps getting better and better in Johnson Co.Love to watch it.
They Lost only two seniors, Conley and Bentley.
Lawrence County Lost 5.
Shelby Valley lost Two. Sawyers and Swindall.
East Ridge, i believe will dominate their district this year,
with amazing offense and defense!
I Agree with ItsAmazing.
Except I Believe Johnson Central will be in the mix!
I Dont know how Field's Leg is now or how it will effect her play, but two years ago she was the best outfielder in the region and one heck of a hitter.
columbia_411 Wrote:They Lost only two seniors, Conley and Bentley.
Lawrence County Lost 5.
Shelby Valley lost Two. Sawyers and Swindall.
East Ridge, i believe will dominate their district this year,
with amazing offense and defense!

WOW....BOTH of them!

Come to the 57th were there's 5 teams and not 3. Also has 4 of your better teams in the Region IMO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:WOW....BOTH of them!

Come to the 57th were there's 5 teams and not 3. Also has 4 of your better teams in the Region IMO.

Ain't that the truth Brother!

Come where there aren't any 3 team districts and you don't get an automatic seed in regional play.

Take any team from the 57th and put them in the 58th,59th or 60th and they go to the region every year.
OffTheHook Wrote:WOW....BOTH of them!

AMEN!! Couldn't agree more.
I've seen LC practice a few times this year and they are looking pretty good again. They lost a lot of seniors last year, but they have seemed to have just reloaded. Got a lot of good hitting coming back this year. I know its early in the season to be picking a regional champ, but I think it will come down to Lawrence or Johnson Central yet again.
By the way where is the regional tournament this year?
cricket Wrote:I've seen LC practice a few times this year and they are looking pretty good again. They lost a lot of seniors last year, but they have seemed to have just reloaded. Got a lot of good hitting coming back this year. I know its early in the season to be picking a regional champ, but I think it will come down to Lawrence or Johnson Central yet again.

Quite possibly. BUT, It sure won't be a cake walk for either this season. Just like last season, one or both could be knocked out in the Districts. Magoffin Co. or Paintsville either one are capable of doing this. And if they do make it to the Region, there are still some pretty decent teams that didn't lose a lot from last season.

Paintsville has two BIG spots to fill this season (SS & C). They may struggle some to start the season. BUT, I look for Coach VanHoose to have things lined out come Tourney time. Returning too much young talent from last season's District Champs. Should be pretty solid in the circle, returning Lemaster and the addition of Mills. Still have Jones, Halm, Pelphrey, Walker, & DeGuzman returning and I look for Boyd to step up and be a big contributor this season along with another youngster or two. Should make for another GREAT District Tourney!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Quite possibly. BUT, It sure won't be a cake walk for either this season.....Should make for another GREAT District Tourney!

I have to agree with you there. Any of the teams in the 57th could win it. I'm already excited for the post season! Its going to be an awesome year to watch!
i believe that SC has a really good shot at a winning season this year.. improving each and every year, and has quite the talent this year, good chances at districts this year as well.
what do you think about the talent sc has.
Coach9 Wrote:The 57 will be tough with 5 of the top ten in the region in one dist. I pick jc 1st, lc second, pville third, mc fourth, and a very improve sc fifth.

So much for that 4 seed prediction in the district....