Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An open letter to Ashley Judd: In Defense of Coal
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Probably not. Would you let your family drink the water?

I would drink the water out of the well, and it is up to the family if they want to drink the water or not.

Would you drink water from a city utility when the sewage plant discharges upstream of the water intake?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I'm not disputing the bogus assumptions about coal ruining private wells. I', disputing the fact they they say are water is clean to drink.
There are plenty of labs that will test water for a small fee. If people's water has been affected by the spill then it should be easy to prove. Old School is more familiar with current permitting regulations but I assume that many of the affected families had their water tested before mining began to establish a baseline. If your allegations are true, then there should be plenty of evidence available to support them.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There are plenty of labs that will test water for a small fee. If people's water has been affected by the spill then it should be easy to prove. Old School is more familiar with current permitting regulations but I assume that many of the affected families had their water tested before mining began to establish a baseline. If your allegations are true, then there should be plenty of evidence available to support them.

Next paycheck i may take some samples and post the results.

Its weird, actual argument without name calling.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Next paycheck i may take some samples and post the results.

Its weird, actual argument without name calling.
Sampling is a waste of time unless you can sample the same areas that were sampled before the spill. I agree, tonight has been a nice change of pace. Good night.
Folks at StoneCrest decided to strike back at Ms. Judd...
Good debate. Valid points made on both sides. Without coal mining I don't think they'd be much an economy in Eastern Kentucky. Many people would have to move away in search of ways to support there family. However, imo the coal companies need to take every precaution they can to protect the environment.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:According to 60 Minutes, the $5,600 number is bogus. You should look for a better source than Wikipedia on which to base an argument. The anti-coal groups are pretty good at spreading propaganda. Their lies often find there way to Wikipedia.

(60 Minutes quoted a former MSHA manager, who said the fine was $100,000+, which is still small considering the damage but Massey's quick response to the spill and large expenditures on the clean up should have weighed in their favor.)

[INDENT][/INDENT]
I love The Office. Michael Scott is the man!!! :rockon:
Seriously though in college were not allowed to use Wiki as a source.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Here's the way I see it:

Unless the government can come up with a better solution for coal mining in EKY & WV, then we need to appreciate what our coal companies do for our area. Accidents happen to everyone, and I'm sure the coal companies want to avoid any kind of accident. Although accidents may happen and although some of them may have been prevented, we need to take a stand for our local coal companies. They're the reason for many of the new jobs and public entertainment venues in our area (i.e. MAC, Expo Center, Rec Centers, ball fields, etc).

But I'm for anything that keeps EKY going, whether that is by coal, natural gas, trees, factories, etc. Unfortunately, right now it's coal.
I couldn't agree more.
TheRealVille Wrote::Clap: You are sold out at all cost, good going. Of course, living in Jackson, MS., you don't have to worry about the water or anything else in EKY. We don't need your kind back here, feel free to stay south. I hope the oil get's in your water supply.
Thats pretty d***.
Aslan Wrote:I love The Office. Michael Scott is the man!!! :rockon:
Seriously though in college were not allowed to use Wiki as a source.
I can't decide if my favorite Office episode is the one where Darrell and Wikipedia provide negotiating tips to Michael or the one where Dwight staged a realistic fire drill and Angela tossed her cat up into the ceiling and it fell back through.[/QUOTE]

Aslan Wrote:Thats pretty d***.
That was just a typical RV post. And he calls everybody who disagrees with him keyboard warriors. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I can't decide if my favorite Office episode is the one where Darrell and Wikipedia provide negotiating tips to Michael or the one where Dwight staged a realistic fire drill and Angela tossed her cat up into the ceiling and it fell back through.

That was just a typical RV post. And he calls everybody who disagrees with him keyboard warriors. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

The fire drill episode about killed me! haha. Might be the funniest five minutes in the entire Office series.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Folks at StoneCrest decided to strike back at Ms. Judd...

:lmao:
Aslan Wrote:That was just a typical RV post. And he calls everybody who disagrees with him keyboard warriors. :biggrin:

The fire drill episode about killed me! haha. Might be the funniest five minutes in the entire Office series.[/QUOTE]:Thumbs: I agree on all counts. Another contender is the Thanksgiving episode of WKRP where Mr. Carlson has the brilliant idea for a promotion that involved "freeing" turkeys from a helicopter. "As God is my witness I thought turkeys could fly" is one of the great lines of sitcom history.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The fire drill episode about killed me! haha. Might be the funniest five minutes in the entire Office series.
Quote::Thumbs: I agree on all counts. Another contender is the Thanksgiving episode of WKRP where Mr. Carlson has the brilliant idea for a promotion that involved "freeing" turkeys from a helicopter. "As God is my witness I thought turkeys could fly" is one of the great lines of sitcom history.
You two dumb ***** do realize I'm not in this conversation, right.
[quote=TheRealVille]:Thumbs: I agree on all counts. Another contender is the Thanksgiving episode of WKRP where Mr. Carlson has the brilliant idea for a promotion that involved "freeing" turkeys from a helicopter. "As God is my witness I thought turkeys could fly" is one of the great lines of sitcom history.
Quote:You two dumb ***** do realize I'm not in this conversation, right.
The turkey reference was not directed at you, RV, so chill. Sorry for the confusion. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:[quote=TheRealVille]:Thumbs: I agree on all counts. Another contender is the Thanksgiving episode of WKRP where Mr. Carlson has the brilliant idea for a promotion that involved "freeing" turkeys from a helicopter. "As God is my witness I thought turkeys could fly" is one of the great lines of sitcom history.The turkey reference was not directed at you, RV, so chill. Sorry for the confusion. :biggrin:
Don't quote me then.
TheRealVille Wrote:You two dumb ***** do realize I'm not in this conversation, right.
Blah.
Temper, temper. :Clap:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:[quote=TheRealVille]:Thumbs: I agree on all counts. Another contender is the Thanksgiving episode of WKRP where Mr. Carlson has the brilliant idea for a promotion that involved "freeing" turkeys from a helicopter. "As God is my witness I thought turkeys could fly" is one of the great lines of sitcom history.The turkey reference was not directed at you, RV, so chill. Sorry for the confusion. :biggrin:
:Thumbs:
TheRealVille Wrote:[quote=Hoot Gibson]Don't quote me then.
Lol.
I ****ing said, don't quote me me in this conversation, i"m not involved.
Aslan Wrote:Blah.
[quote=Hoot Gibson]
[quote=TheRealVille]
Lol.
Don't quote me you ****ing retard.
TheRealVille Wrote:[quote=Aslan]Blah.
[quote=Hoot Gibson]
Don't quote me you ****ing retard.
If you were not posting in the thread, I could not be quoting you, could I Mr. Einstein?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:[quote=TheRealVille][quote=Aslan]Blah.
If you were not posting in the thread, I could not be quoting you, could I Mr. Einstein?
Learn how to quote then, you retard.
Dude grow up.
Aslan Wrote:Dude grow up.
Quit quoting me then, when I'm not in this.
TheRealVille Wrote:Quit quoting me then, when I'm not in this.

You know good and well I didn't quote you. Your just trying to start trouble for attention. I feel like I'm back in high school.
Aslan Wrote:[/B]

That was just a typical RV post. And he calls everybody who disagrees with him keyboard warriors. :biggrin:

Quote:The fire drill episode about killed me! haha. Might be the funniest five minutes in the entire Office series.
There you go.
TheRealVille Wrote:There you go.

I quoted Hoot. Your name may have shown up, but it was his words and you know that.
Aslan Wrote:[/B]

Quote:The fire drill episode about killed me! haha. Might be the funniest five minutes in the entire Office series.
This is where it started, leave me out of this ****.
Aslan Wrote:I quoted Hoot. Your name may have shown up, but it was his words and you know that.
Actually, you did quote RV in post #66 but rule breakers do not get to make the rules. If RV did not want his posts in this thread quoted, then he should not have posted here. There is no rule that protects RV's idiotic, off topic posts from responses.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The fire drill episode about killed me! haha. Might be the funniest five minutes in the entire Office series.
:Thumbs: I agree on all counts. Another contender is the Thanksgiving episode of WKRP where Mr. Carlson has the brilliant idea for a promotion that involved "freeing" turkeys from a helicopter. "As God is my witness I thought turkeys could fly" is one of the great lines of sitcom history.[/QUOTE]

The WKRP episode was one of the best ever.