Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if? - Lebron & Boston Celtics
Completely hypothetical discussion here, because it likely has no chance of happening.

With the advent of Paul Pierce opting out of his contract, freeing up what would be a $20M salary, what if the Celtics put their name into the Lebron sweepstakes?

Makes sense. Boston will forever want to be in contention for championships. When the big 3 leave Boston, Rondo will desperately need support. Lebron would fit perfectly into the Pierce role of leading scorer and team leader. Lebron makes the Celtics even stronger than they are today, which continues to put Boston in NBA championship series.

Lebron gets to play in tradition rich organization, be surrounded by superstars for both the "now" and the "future". He would get the money that he deserves for being the marque player in the league and can add his name to the other greats that have played in the best franchise in NBA history.
Stardust Wrote:Completely hypothetical discussion here, because it likely has no chance of happening.

With the advent of Paul Pierce opting out of his contract, freeing up what would be a $20M salary, what if the Celtics put their name into the Lebron sweepstakes?

Makes sense. Boston will forever want to be in contention for championships. When the big 3 leave Boston, Rondo will desperately need support. Lebron would fit perfectly into the Pierce role of leading scorer and team leader. Lebron makes the Celtics even stronger than they are today, which continues to put Boston in NBA championship series.

Lebron gets to play in tradition rich organization, be surrounded by superstars for both the "now" and the "future". He would get the money that he deserves for being the marque player in the league and can add his name to the other greats that have played in the best franchise in NBA history.

Could you imagine lebron taking passes from rondo 2 foot above the rim Smile, WAIT! This would require me to cheer for one of the Leagues money players Sad
^ lol
Stardust Wrote:^ lol

Lol, TongueirateSho
It's not impossible.. But if Pierce left it could happen.. Good thinking on this I have to say SD.
Doc Rivers says he's returning to coach Boston Celtics in 2010-11
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Doc Rivers says he's returning to coach Boston Celtics in 2010-11

Wouldn't you return if you had the chance to coach Lebron :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Wouldn't you return if you had the chance to coach Lebron :biggrin:

Did you send them your thoughts stardust? :yikes:
Per ESPN, this morning on the Mike&Mike in the morning, is now being talked about.
I like how this is sounding.. If Lebron went to Boston, talk about a LA and Boston rivalry.. Letting Paul Pierce go, Rasheed retires so thats one less contract.. Rondo compliments Lebron in the game, Lebron needs a 3 point shooter in Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett great post player and still has championship material left in him.. Mind boggling assist coming from Rondo to Lebron.. Definitley could happen.. My guess is Lebron is waiting for the pieces to fall into place before he makes any definite decisions.
I thought I heard during the Boston Celtics and Cleveland Cavaliers playoff series that LeBron James wanted to play for Rajon Rondo. Is this true?
One of my least favorite players on my most hated team. I would LOVE this. Kobe would get to kill two birds with one stone in next years finals. Beating the player that the media claims to be better than him and also beating the Lakers biggest rival again. Hope this happens.
That would be awesome. Who else would be a surrounding cast, and who else could Boston let go to free up some cap room?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
No way would LA beat Boston if LeBron went there.
Lebron would make Boston an extremely tough team. But idk if he would fit with everyone. He wouldnt like not averaging 30 ppg, and being the guy with the ball on every play. He would have to settle for less points to make the other guys happy, and Rondo is the ball handler on the team. James is too stuck on himself to go there and share spotlight. And on top of that no way Pierce, Mr. Celtic basketball, will leave Boston. He started his career there, it will end there.
LClion4life Wrote:No way would LA beat Boston if LeBron went there.

Couldn't agree more.. LA wouldn't have the fire power.. Boston has the right things in place for a championship team as it is.. A great bench, a bunch of great athletes, a few all-stars, and a great PG.. LeBron would change them into a god-like team. I do hope this happens, LA would be shut down for sure in the finals. The west is terrible, LA mows over everyone there, once they met Boston in the finals they would get embarrased.
K_Mac Wrote:Lebron would make Boston an extremely tough team. But idk if he would fit with everyone. He wouldnt like not averaging 30 ppg, and being the guy with the ball on every play. He would have to settle for less points to make the other guys happy, and Rondo is the ball handler on the team. James is too stuck on himself to go there and share spotlight. And on top of that no way Pierce, Mr. Celtic basketball, will leave Boston. He started his career there, it will end there.

It's pretty much official that he's leaving FYI.
Ballers Wrote:Couldn't agree more.. LA wouldn't have the fire power.. Boston has the right things in place for a championship team as it is.. A great bench, a bunch of great athletes, a few all-stars, and a great PG.. LeBron would change them into a god-like team. I do hope this happens, LA would be shut down for sure in the finals. The west is terrible, LA mows over everyone there, once they met Boston in the finals they would get embarrased.

Lol.
Yeahright. LeCHOKE will find a way to lose it.
Aslan Wrote:Lol.
Yeahright. LeCHOKE will find a way to lose it.

Idk.. This is the Celtics we're talking about, not the Cavs. Celtics has a past, and present.. Cavs has never been and never will be contenders.
Ballers Wrote:Idk.. This is the Celtics we're talking about, not the Cavs. Celtics has a past, and present.. Cavs has never been and never will be contenders.

They've been contenders, just haven't performed well when it matters.
Aslan Wrote:They've been contenders, just haven't performed well when it matters.

Well there would be no "contending" to it if Lebron goes to Boston.. Might as well go ahead and give him his first ring.
^ First of MANY rings!
Ballers Wrote:It's pretty much official that he's leaving FYI.

No it isn't. ESPN just 15 minutes ago or so was saying he discussing a new deal with the Celtics. He isn't going anywhere.
Ballers Wrote:Well there would be no "contending" to it if Lebron goes to Boston.. Might as well go ahead and give him his first ring.

Nope.
This is not going to happen...Just saw on espn that the Celtics and Pierce are very close to a deal.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:This is not going to happen...Just saw on espn that the Celtics and Pierce are very close to a deal.

I don't think any analysts ever mentioned Lebron as a possibility, which surprises me.
Stardust Wrote:I don't think any analysts ever mentioned Lebron as a possibility, which surprises me.

I figured the Celtics would make a move in free agency, but it seems as if they are just trying to keep the same team together... Could be a bad move because it seems the rest of the East will be stacking up.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I figured the Celtics would make a move in free agency, but it seems as if they are just trying to keep the same team together... Could be a bad move because it seems the rest of the East will be stacking up.

Agreed. I actually thought that letting Paul and Ray go would be possitive with the free agents that would be possible to bring in.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I figured the Celtics would make a move in free agency, but it seems as if they are just trying to keep the same team together... Could be a bad move because it seems the rest of the East will be stacking up.

Yep + Pierce, KG, and Ray are past there primes.