Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry Co to name coach next week
I have been told that the administration promised the players that they will have a Head Coach in place within a week.
I have been surprised by the names that have surfaced. This will be a "Big Hire" for the AD.
Would that be a former head coach in the Louisville area that was just let go this offseason. I think he left as the all-time wins leader at that Louisvlle HS.
KYcoalminer Wrote:Would that be a former head coach in the Louisville area that was just let go this offseason. I think he left as the all-time wins leader at that Louisvlle HS.

Could be. I was asked not put a name on the internet
Ahh! Wow, that would be a big hire. Interesting!
I don't think anybody out of Louisville will get this job. There are canidates but not in Jefferson County. They only have one coach for this job already on staff and he is a para. The only one on staff with head coaching experience has a lot of baggage from his previous job. The others are a high school teacher with too little experience and uses too much foul language, a middle school teacher that has yet to display the type of leadership for this position, and the only other coach is a para that is only a warm body. If they hir from within it is obvious they have to go with coach J.
HC Daddy Wrote:I don't think anybody out of Louisville will get this job. There are canidates but not in Jefferson County. They only have one coach for this job already on staff and he is a para. The only one on staff with head coaching experience has a lot of baggage from his previous job. The others are a high school teacher with too little experience and uses too much foul language, a middle school teacher that has yet to display the type of leadership for this position, and the only other coach is a para that is only a warm body. If they hir from within it is obvious they have to go with coach J.

OUCH!!,
I know all 4 of the men you are speaking about. You may be a little hard on 3 of them.
Old Henry Man Wrote:OUCH!!,
I know all 4 of the men you are speaking about. You may be a little hard on 3 of them.

After sleeping on your statement, I wold like to tell you that this staff has stayed together and from E to Graham when most of them could have left. Henry has a very good staff and their dedication and knowledge should be noted.
Sounds like HC's parents are getting pretty frustrated.
HC Daddy Wrote:I don't think anybody out of Louisville will get this job. There are canidates but not in Jefferson County. They only have one coach for this job already on staff and he is a para. The only one on staff with head coaching experience has a lot of baggage from his previous job. The others are a high school teacher with too little experience and uses too much foul language, a middle school teacher that has yet to display the type of leadership for this position, and the only other coach is a para that is only a warm body. If they hir from within it is obvious they have to go with coach J.

The obvious choice would be Ledford, but given the way this opening was handled last time, the ball will be dropped again.
So, its next week and I am sure everybody is waiting for the news. I know its only Monday, but it a week away from practice starting.

This guy...........:dontthink
Coach J is a great coach, and would do fine at the Helm. However it is very disrespectful what you have said about the other three coaches on staff, who are part of a very good staff at HC but one that is rare for a school that size and already diminishing with the loss of Coach Wright.

Eades, (AKA no leadership) very well liked in the community, great with kids, even tempered and organized, student of the offense, and loves the area and would stay around.

Dawson, (aka foul language) spends more time with the kids than any other coach in the past two seasons, great strength coach, high energy, intense, live there, wants the best for the kids in HC, well rounded knowledge of offense and defense.

Ledford (aka baggage) Last job at FC, check the stats, FCHS has won three games in the 2000's without Ledford. Great defensive coordinator, experienced in offense, enjoys Henry County, wants to stay in the area, chose to stay after was not hired as head coach once already.

All four listed would be fine, lets not use this site to badmouth coaches HCDaddy that have helped your community win more than ever before.
Does Ledford teach at Henry or does he still teach at Franklin?
Ledford Does not teach at Henry County still in Franklin County. Teaches at the same school his sons attend there now.
I agree with you "whatsit 2U". You made points about all of the Staff. Ledford does have great knowledge of the game, and several players have told me that they learned alot from him.
I have been around High School Football for over 20 years and I have never seen a assistant coach spend more time with the players than coach Dawson. Dawson works out with the grads going to college, in his free time.
Eads loves the Franklin System and has great knowledge of it. Just because he is approachable for parnets does not make him a poor leader. Eades is very good for the Henry Co school system and Football team. Lighten up on Issacs. Ray is very dedicated and goes out of his way to help the kids and is at the school everytime the doors are open.
I stand by all that I stated. I only know these men from a distance and I don't know any of them personally. I know the parents have an issue with Dawson and Ledford's language and anyone around the program can back those statements up. Eads, from what I have heard is a very good person and role model. I was just stating that his ability to lead a program is not there yet. He also has issues with other coaches language. I don't know Issac at all. I said coach J is the best person based on what I hear from the kids and parents around the program.
hcdaddy> I think the record from last year speaks for itself being all these coaches were hear last year. It is very sad that you believe everything you hear, you must lead a very boring life!!!! I know all of these coaches, and Henry County should feel very lucky to have a coaching staff like this, in my opinion it is the best staff Henry county has ever had. I wish i had them when i played. They are very dedicated and love all the players and give them support on and off the field. I am a parent and i have a kid that plays and we support all of the coaches in what they do so believe that.......
Its a shame people post what they hear, I know all the coaches at HC and they are a class group, I went and watched them several times last year and watched them interact with players and on the sideline, 3 times in a win and once in a loss. All coaches had a good relationship and there was no cursing, and coaches also corrected language from players swiftly.....I think in Dawson and Ledfords case they are big and intense guys and they don't miss any details on their players.
HC Daddy Wrote:I stand by all that I stated. I only know these men from a distance and I don't know any of them personally. I know the parents have an issue with Dawson and Ledford's language and anyone around the program can back those statements up. Eads, from what I have heard is a very good person and role model. I was just stating that his ability to lead a program is not there yet. He also has issues with other coaches language. I don't know Issac at all. I said coach J is the best person based on what I hear from the kids and parents around the program.

You are correct, you know very little and what you do know is created in the fumor mill, which is vicious in small towns or big ones for that matter. As the man who hired each on of these men I can say they are 1st class people and great coaches and teachers. I would not have hired or retained them if they did not put kids first and treat the kids the way I asked them to. They are humans and all have their flaws, but who doesn't? You should take the time to actually get to know them, rather than believe what you hear from a few that have zero knowledge first hand.

Each man is qualified for the job:

Coach J-has head coaching experience at the middle school and has been my right hand on offense for 3 years. He is also "from" HC and comes from a long line of head coaches at HC. Probably the community favorite and rightfully so, he is everything the program is about.

Ledford-I begged and pleaded to get and when I did he proved all the doubters wrong, a great coach and outstanding leader. His record as a head coach is undeniable, and works endlessly for his players.

Eades (at least spell it correctly): Has been with me at 2 different shools, and while he only has experience on one side of the ball, he is a leader. He has been the JV head coach and has been around great football dating back to his days at Owensboro Catholic under the legend MOJO.

Dawson-most dedicated coach I have worked with. Cares more about the kids than they will know. Spends countless hours preparing our kids for the the feild in the weightroom, watches film almost at much as I do, and works tirelessly to help the kids realize their dreams of playing at the next level. Has he used foul language, sure...every coach on my staff has done so at one time or another. Sometimes it happens, but Dawson is no foul mouthed sailor and has done very well to keep it in check. He also has more than 8 years under his belt as an assistant, including UofL and Jeffersonville. He is more than qualified for the position.

All 4 are fine men, and Ray Issacs is no slouch. Has served in the middle school for several years and was asked to join my staff based on loyalty, dedication, and his ability to get kids to play for him. He is a fine man, but not ready for the HC spot. Still, a very good coach learning learning the ropes on the varsity level.

I stand by these men and wish them well. I am proud of them and they are VERY good friends. Anyone who questions their character should evaluate the facts. They maybe the lowest paid staff in the area and make pennies on the dollar if they get paid at all, to put in more than 30 additional hours a week in film, preperation, and practice. Before you start throwing stones you should know what you are talking about...you clearly do not.

Coach E
There you go folks only guy who signs his name to a post and probably has more to lose by doing so than any of us. hcdaddy sounds like sour grapes of some sort.
Its the middle of the week and no coach has been named. Practice starts next week. I am sure the players and parents are very interested in who the new coach is. You would think the administration would make a move here!
KYcoalminer Wrote:Its the middle of the week and no coach has been named. Practice starts next week. I am sure the players and parents are very interested in who the new coach is. You would think the administration would make a move here!

I agree, but now I am hearing that the Head Coach will be named when the players report on Monday.
Monday? When is dead period over?
I think July 9th is the last dead period day. I guess with them naming the coach on Monday, it must be somebody on staff. Would be very hard for a brand new coach to come in on first day of practice.
I think the players would love to see someone on staff get the job.....
Old Henry Man Wrote:I agree, but now I am hearing that the Head Coach will be named when the players report on Monday.

So kids are to report but there is no coach? I don't think as of now there is any schedule, graham had a very loose schedule in place so as of now I am not sure what it is.
So who did the schedule for Monday, etc? How will the kids know when to show up and stuff with no coach in place? Assistants?
A coach is to be named tommorrow. At least I am told and hope.
The senior class is a great class at Henry, I only hope that they make the right decision.
So, any update?????? Heard it was not Ledford!
They hired a local guy Johnson? . Congrats to the new coach, Ledford was not hired you are correct, wonder if he will stay or fish for some other options? Can not blame him if he left.
Who is the Johnson guy? Experience, etc?