Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
top ten middle school players
???
From around here I would have to go with saying
1.Tate Cox(plays high school but yeah he plays for the middle school team too)

Don't really know any more but Tate is by far the best!
Elisha Justice-Dorton
Cody Varney-Dorton
Taylor Newsome-Virgie
Ashley Hatfield-Virgie
dylan maldanaldo BL
Korey Fields and Cody Williams play great together-Elkhorn
I would have to go with the two boys from Virgie..Taylor Newsome and Ashley Hatfield..they are very dominant for their age and very respectful young men..on and off the court
has ashley hatfield been held back?? he is a great ball player and can dominate in the post...but he also has a great size advantage over the other kids..i think hes around 6"2
Of all the players mentioned in this thread, are any of them not hold backs?
From reading previous posts- I believe most of the players mentioned are holdbacks. I know Tate will be 16 in August. Dylan is repeating this year. I believe the Dorton and Virgie players mentioned have also been heldback. Can't recall anything about the Elkhorn players listed on here though.

Anyone know anything about it?
how many of these people have been held back
Dylon Maldonaldo is not that good. I watched Adams play Betsy Layne and he was not the best player on the floor let alone on his team! The kid from adams is good.
"WOW" Wrote:From reading previous posts- I believe most of the players mentioned are holdbacks. I know Tate will be 16 in August. Dylan is repeating this year. I believe the Dorton and Virgie players mentioned have also been heldback. Can't recall anything about the Elkhorn players listed on here though.

Anyone know anything about it?

Elisha has been held back, but Cody Varney is only 13. The Virgie boys have been held back or started late and both boys from Elkhorn are older.
Yeah u must have watched his first game against adams the second game he did alright but not as good as he can play but he was still better then any adams player they beat them by 11 the second game and dylan probally had the most points and assist out of both teams
"steelcitypower" Wrote:Dylon Maldonaldo is not that good. I watched Adams play Betsy Layne and he was not the best player on the floor let alone on his team! The kid from adams is good.

Floyd County has some excellent middle school talent this season. I watched quite a few of them play this year.
Yea Floyd County has Great Players But Ac has The Most Talent and their players are the right age and in the right grade some of their players are
Chad Nelson-13
Logan Crowder-13
Hunter Crowder-13
I think that Desmond Watts from SF is a good ball player... He Had 20 points and 18 rebounds in a game a couple of weeks ago
whose dylan Maldonaldo
Adams' #21 was the leading score is what the coach told me. He had 15 and wasnt really hitting.
whose dylan Maldonaldo
"Basketballfan" Wrote:I think that Desmond Watts from SF is a good ball player... He Had 20 points and 18 rebounds in a game a couple of weeks ago

he cant be stped by no 1 and can get a rebound over any 1 by far best ms athelete in floyd county

he is

The man:theman:
"Ac11Rebels" Wrote:Yea Floyd County has Great Players But Ac has The Most Talent and their players are the right age and in the right grade some of their players are
Chad Nelson-13
Logan Crowder-13
Hunter Crowder-13

I agree completely, ACMS has the best team with these players and more. Also Desmond Watts from SF is good and will help SFHS next year
Desmond is good but not among the best in the county
Tate Cox Arkansas Brewer Dakota Euton Elisha Justice Ashley Hatfield Taylor Newsome Tony Kimbro Marquis Estill Civals and Flannery.
"Ac11Rebels" Wrote:Desmond is good but not among the best in the county
hes better than anyone from AC
Nick Vance @ Paintsville 8th grader not a hold back. May get to hear that name next year along with Slone, VanHoose, Bundy, Grimm, Pugh & Meade!
Tate Cox is no longer playing with the grade school team. He is doing very well playing high school. He is 15. He was high point man in the game against Owsley with 19. Why say he will be [16] when he is just 15. You just have to try to take something away from a good player. He has always played up. He may be 15 but he is playing against 19 year olds and doing a pretty good job.
There are a lot of good players playing middle school..Ashley Hatfield, Taylor Newsome, Elisha Justice, all could play high school ball. They may have been held back, but they can play up.
"free throw" Wrote:Tate Cox is no longer playing with the grade school team. He is doing very well playing high school. He is 15. He was high point man in the game against Owsley with 19. Why say he will be [16] when he is just 15. You just have to try to take something away from a good player. He has always played up. He may be 15 but he is playing against 19 year olds and doing a pretty good job.

I agree that Tate Cox is a good player.

You stated that he is no longer playing with the grade school team. Let me ask this--I have been told that a middle school student playing up on the high school team must remain active and eligble on the middle school team to be eligible for the high school team. Is that a local board policy or just some fool talking out of turn?
Its not a KHSAA rule. However he is eligible and active.
Stewart Stamper and Adam Spencer from Carr Creek grade school are 8th graders who play only for Knott Central. They haven't played a grade school game this year, I am sure the AD who is Stewarts dad would know about that rule.