Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UT Football Players In Trouble... AGAIN!!!
One player has been arrested and three brought in for questioning after a bar brawl, which left an off-duty police officer unconscious in the street. The arrested player is freshman Da'Rick Rogers, who was a 5-star WR coming out of HS. According to witnesses, the off-duty policeman tried to break up the fight, which was pushed outside the bar, when he was struck in the head. Once he was on the ground, he was kicked several times before the suspect left the scene. I'm sure there will be more news about this, as the investigation continues.
As soon as I saw this on KSR, I immediatley thought of you.
There are 3 certainties in life: pay taxes, die, and Tennessee athletics will have players arrested every year. Those are guarantees.
BCF4L Wrote:There are 3 certainties in life: pay taxes, die, and Tennessee athletics will have players arrested every year. Those are guarantees.

Sad, but true. Apparently, there were two players arrested because both were released from jail this morning. The other being Darren Myles Jr., who was in trouble about three months ago, as well.

By the way, thanks for the thought Amun-Ra.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:One player has been arrested and three brought in for questioning after a bar brawl, which left an off-duty police officer unconscious in the street. The arrested player is freshman Da'Rick Rogers, who was a 5-star WR coming out of HS. According to witnesses, the off-duty policeman tried to break up the fight, which was pushed outside the bar, when he was struck in the head. Once he was on the ground, he was kicked several times before the suspect left the scene. I'm sure there will be more news about this, as the investigation continues.

I never knew TN was so exciting.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Sad, but true. Apparently, there were two players arrested because both were released from jail this morning. The other being Darren Myles Jr., who was in trouble about three months ago, as well.

By the way, thanks for the thought Amun-Ra.
Well with a screen name like your's, it is hard not to think about ya when something happens in Knoxville.
Good to see Dooley step in and boot Myles from the team. No need in prolonging things, since this is the second time he has been in trouble this offseason. Two other players suspended indefinitely.
Good Ole Rocky Top!!! Dooley will be the enforcer for the team and the school. He seems to be a FANTASTIC person, and should not put up with crap like this.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Good Ole Rocky Top!!! Dooley will be the enforcer for the team and the school. He seems to be a FANTASTIC person, and should not put up with crap like this.

He should just go ahead and boot the other players thats involved as well...seems to me that the football team consist of a bunch of drunk thugs.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:He should just go ahead and boot the other players thats involved as well...seems to me that the football team consist of a bunch of drunk thugs.
He needs to go ahead and boot the entire team. At some point or another, every player on that team will be arrested. It's just second nature for a UT recruit. (sorry BloodyHarlan, still like your screenname).
BCF4L Wrote:He needs to go ahead and boot the entire team. At some point or another, every player on that team will be arrested. It's just second nature for a UT recruit. (sorry BloodyHarlan, still like your screenname).

I wouldn't say the whole team. I'm sure there is still some good players on the team that hasn't been or will not be involved in cases like these. If UT would make an example out of these players and boot the thugs off that might send a flag to the others that think they might want to go out and do stupid stuff like this.
Is Fugate still at UT after the coaching change?
BCF4L Wrote:There are 3 certainties in life: pay taxes, die, and Tennessee athletics will have players arrested every year. Those are guarantees.

:lmao:
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I'm starting to think that we will never know what exactly happened. There are no surveillance videos of anything that happened, which is very odd. Police reports are contradicting what supposedly happened. First they say Da'Rick Rogers assaulted someone, now they say that he TRIED to hit someone, but that person was adamant about not pressing charges. The suspect that assaulted the policeman is listed on the report as a male age 18-30, which would probably describe the majority of the people inside the bar that night. Its just a mess right now.

^ LOL.. right right.
Dooley will have this straightened out in a few years. But until he gets his style into the program, we may continue hearing this kind of stuff.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lol...BloodyHarlan I'm surprised you're admitting that UT is actually bad at something, I don't know if you have before, but it's cool.

You know the funny thing? The only UT fan in my unit recieved a dishonorable discharge a few weeks ago because he came to work drunk and tried to still some optics and a freakin' rifle. LOL.
vundy33 Wrote:lol...BloodyHarlan I'm surprised you're admitting that UT is actually bad at something, I don't know if you have before, but it's cool.

You know the funny thing? The only UT fan in my unit recieved a dishonorable discharge a few weeks ago because he came to work drunk and tried to still some optics and a freakin' rifle. LOL.

Must have been going to help his boys out!!!
HAHAHA did you see how I spelled STEAL? I spelled it STILL. lol...

I just woke up from a nap but good god...I'm an idiot. hahaha.
vundy33 Wrote:lol...BloodyHarlan I'm surprised you're admitting that UT is actually bad at something, I don't know if you have before, but it's cool.

Haha.. Well, you won't get many negative things about UT out of me, but theres no excuse for stuff like this. I'm just hoping this thing gets settled before practice starts, that way we know who is and is not going to be on the team.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Is Fugate still at UT after the coaching change?

yes
Oh yeah, does anyone know if the off-duty cop identified himself as a cop? Because if he didn't, then I can understand why he was caught in the middle.
vundy33 Wrote:Oh yeah, does anyone know if the off-duty cop identified himself as a cop? Because if he didn't, then I can understand why he was caught in the middle.

From what I have read and heard, he didn't identify himself. He was at the bar as a customer and the bar owner knew him and asked him to try to help break up the fight. He was then knocked down by the group that was fighting. After that, your guess is as good as mine. Some say he hit his head when he fell, some say he was punched and some say he was kicked while he was on the ground. Either way, they found him unconscious on the street.