Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off-Season Work
So what, if anything is your baseball team doing during the off-season? Pikeville High has rented a warehouse and has set up cages, a pitching machine, and several portable mounds.

They work out every other day and all players have the oppurtunity to go to the facility whenever they want!
Where is this warehouse at?

Why would they need this warehouse when they have much better facilities than most teams in the region????

They push a button and their bleachers slide back in the gym??? On non-game nites, I'm sure they could do their stuff late (like 730 or 800 PM). I know they cannot full-out practice until FEBRUARY 15th, so I don't understand how this is going on. If the coaches are present at the warehouse while they are hitting and stuff, they are in violation of KHSAA rules and the penalty for that is pretty harsh.
Coaches are not not at the warehouse...it is completely voluntary, so it is not an actual practice.
Prestonsburg does nothing...

Some of the players do throw after school though.
Esat Ridge has a new facility beside their field where they have pitching machines, soft toss nets, and just space where they can have more excerises.
"4leaf" Wrote:Esat Ridge has a new facility beside their field where they have pitching machines, soft toss nets, and just space where they can have more excerises.

That sounds nice! Pikeville has that in the works....Sort of...They are meeting with administration and tring to get something worked out so they can build a facility! No definite plans or anything!
Belfry might get a dungeon underneath the new "Coach Phillip Haywood SuperDome Stadium Bowl Field" to do some work in, and even then they will prolly have to share with softball. lol

Sad, but true....hopefully we will have a really nice field when it is finished
Who is Belfry's Head Coach this year, is it still Casey or is someone else taking over the reigns.
Belfry should have a nice field in line!

Unless you build the softball team, they would have to be allowed access to the facility....Title 9 ensures that!